Upcoming Games

No games to display

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Who's Online

waucott, GeoffM, magicalcoriander, dmaze, 0D07, TUT (6 users seen recently)

South Humberside released!

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > South Humberside > South Humberside released!

Page 1 of 3

South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 08:13 #14220
AndyG
1835 posts
S Humberside Manual Contents
I can only help one person a day. Today's not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 08:59 #14224
Meld
1098 posts
I would like to second Geoffs comments and would like to thank Howard in advance for Worksop.
Passed the age to be doing 'Spoon Feeding' !!!
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 08:59 #14222
northroad
870 posts
Well it's here, downloaded it but I won't be able to have a looksie until this evening but I think everyone will have some tremendous fun over the coming days, weeks, months.
Can I be the first to congratulate Lardybiker and indeed anyone connected with the efforts that they put in to a new release. It really is much appreciated and you are to be congratulated.

THANK YOU

South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 09:18 #14226
derbybest
274 posts
I'll third it
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 10:53 #14231
Noisynoel
989 posts
For those of youthat have already downloaded it and looked at the senario's. There is one 'Elsham to Appleby Closed' that requires a specific timetable. This is still in the course of being written and tested, obviously the focus has been on getting the sim and TT ready for the meet. As soon as it is ready it will be uploaded to the downloads section.
Noisynoel
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 11:12 #14232
Oddjob
130 posts
Congratulations to the team and all involved with the South Humberside simulation
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 12:04 #14233
indian_railways_fan
72 posts
In the F3 debug>tab their is an option to occupy tracks by clicking but it does not seem to be working.Is it yet to be implemented?

Very beautiful sims.Lots of hardwork must have gone into them and I appreciate it a lot.

A big thanks to the Simsig team.

Khalid,
India.

South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 12:46 #14235
ipswich
247 posts
Congrats and well done to chris law (Lardybiker) on releasing his first sim
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 12:48 #14236
Noisynoel
989 posts
indian_railways_fan said:
In the F3 debug>tab their is an option to occupy tracks by clicking but it does not seem to be working.Is it yet to be implemented?
Khalid,
India.
Being a debug feature, I'm not sure it's supposed to be in the released version

Noisynoel
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 12:53 #14237
AndyG
1835 posts
ipswich said:
Congrats and well done to chris law (Lardybiker) on releasing his first sim
LardyBiker is actually Chris Lord, British ex-pat residing in the USA.

I can only help one person a day. Today's not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 12:55 #14238
ipswich
247 posts
ta for correcting me andy but still congrats
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 14:57 #14246
Didcot
41 posts
Well Done then.Looks as if the Western Sims are not going to appear at this meet.
Perhaps it means the Simsig Interest has all gone up North.

South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 16:22 #14247
Didcot
41 posts
test post
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 16:38 #14251
Jan
892 posts
Very nice, many thanks to everybody involved, especially Chris.

As Noisynoel has said, this might be a debug feature which has slipped into the release version.
In any case, if you want to simulate track circuit failures, you can use the F11 Incident Control Panel, which is definitively working.

Two million people attempt to use Birmingham's magnificent rail network every year, with just over a million of them managing to get further than Smethwick.
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 17:53 #14255
indian_railways_fan
72 posts
I have a train(6T20) standing at Foreign Ore Branch Jn (S363) since the last half hour with the train list reporting it as "On Telephone".Originally I had set the wrong route for the train but after cancelling the route and setting the right one,this has been the status.Also, I am not receiving any call from the driver.Seems to be a bug as the driver can't take that long at the telephone.

I also a had a train 6F00-2 booked to destination Scunthorpe FD which I assume means Frodingham Depot but it showed that as an incorrect route.If so then what is FD?

Also if the sim is paused then the right click menu of signals is not available and the message window says "simulation is paused".

Khalid.
India.

South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 18:15 #14256
UKTrainMan
1803 posts
I also a had a train 6F00-2 booked to destination Scunthorpe FD which I assume means Frodingham Depot but it showed that as an incorrect route.If so then what is FD?
Tested this and had the same experience but as I had already got it to Up Goods Loop ("UP GDS LP"successfully I routed it to the next 'exit point' further along the line, the seemingly unnamed one beyond the track to Normanby Park, Roxby & Flixborough - no complaints from the driver!

Any views and / or opinions expressed by myself are from me personally and do not represent those of any company I either work for or am a consultant for.
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 18:31 #14257
AndyG
1835 posts
1) Scunthorpe FD = Freight Depot ie (Up) Goods Yard

2) Driver will be on phone to his control after receiving Adverse Chane of Aspect.

3) When simulation is paused, you can't set routes or make calls either; after all, you don't have a pause button in the real world.

South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 20:58 #14266
greatkingrat
75 posts
8S00-S1 is supposed to reverse at Humber Road Jn and then go to Immingham Sorting Sdgs. I rang Immingham Reception and got permission for Immingham Reception Sidings, but when I set the route to Reception Sidings the driver complained of a wrong route. When I cancelled the route and set it to the Storage Sidings instead, the driver accepted the route but then I got a penalty for not asking permission. This seems like a bug unless I have misunderstood what this train is supposed to do?
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 22:05 #14267
Underwood
746 posts
Found 2 things so far:

1. Sig WB34 inevitably threw a signal lamp fault when it cleared for a freight train. I went through the procedure of waiting for it to call me, asking it to examine the line and SPAD, and it did. Once the train passed the signal it reverted to a red aspect. I kept an eye on this until the train was clear of the block and it stayed red after and is in working oirder. Either a big or the engineers just happened to be there and fixed it in some world record time!

2. 6M11 is taking the block in front of WJ125 and 6T18 was waiting at WJ113. I set the route to WJ125, which is red, and WJ113 was set to green! See attachment for picture proof.

All I found so far. Extremely good sim, half tempted to write a TT out but gotta get used to the layout yet. Haven't been to any of the locations on this map yet but am on a charter to Cleethorpes in April which does the Immingham Tramway (I assume this will be the Grimsby Light Railway line) so will be able to see what the places look like!

I kind of regret putting failures on, not realising this is a huge map! But I'm going to take it on with both hands and give it a shot!

Cheers,

James.

South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 22:22 #14270
UKTrainMan
1803 posts
Underwood said:
2. 6M11 is taking the block in front of WJ125 and 6T18 was waiting at WJ113. I set the route to WJ125, which is red, and WJ113 was set to green! See attachment for picture proof.
Correct me if I am wrong here but I do not believe that is a bug or an issue. I am already aware that the signals around Barnetby station are mechanical and I suspect that signal is also mechanical. Indeed, loading up the simulation seems to confirm this as there is no overlap shown for the signal, which I believe means it is mechanical (like signals on the AB Areas of Central Scotland). Try turning "Show track circuit breaks" on via F3 -> Display to see the track circuit itself.

Hope this helps.

Any views and / or opinions expressed by myself are from me personally and do not represent those of any company I either work for or am a consultant for.
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 22:48 #14273
Danny252
1461 posts
Underwood said:
1. Sig WB34 inevitably threw a signal lamp fault when it cleared for a freight train. I went through the procedure of waiting for it to call me, asking it to examine the line and SPAD, and it did. Once the train passed the signal it reverted to a red aspect. I kept an eye on this until the train was clear of the block and it stayed red after and is in working oirder. Either a big or the engineers just happened to be there and fixed it in some world record time!
So it was the green lamp which had failed?

South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 23:10 #14276
Underwood
746 posts
The green lamp? I don't know which aspect it was at but it was unlit when it broke in front of a freight train. The said train passed and the red lamp came on.

Has anyone managed to route 6Z00 from Frodingham Depot to S45 reverse yet? I routed it to S346 (as sig S45 is behind it) and driver complained of wrong route anyway. I can't see any other logical route really, can someone guide me to where I am going wrong?

Thanks for the clearup on WJ113, I forgot it's a mechanical box there!

Cheers,

James.

South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 23:23 #14277
Lardybiker
771 posts
James, I am on a plane at Detroit (just boarded in fact) flying back home after a week away. I'll look into your routing issue as soon as I can (though I am sire you won't be offended if I spend sone time with my wife first!)
South Humberside released! 25/03/2011 at 23:32 #14278
Splodge
704 posts
I'm having a couple of routing issues - one the above S45 (which would accept S47), and also 0E01-1 refuses to route to reverse at S38 (and won't accept any alternate routes).
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
South Humberside released! 26/03/2011 at 09:40 #14292
mfcooper
707 posts
Underwood, the aspects on a signal can fail separately. In your case, it sounds like one of the proceed aspects had failed (probably green), and the red was still working.