Upcoming Games

(UTC times)

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee

You are here: Home > Forum > Wishlist > Simulation wish list > man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee

Page 1 of 1

man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 09/11/2011 at 13:26 #22650
markriley128
9 posts
would love a SimSig of man picc including airport branch??? will there ever be any chance???
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 09/11/2011 at 14:29 #22652
Tristan
60 posts
There should be a chance as i believe that Manchester Piccadilly is currently controlled by a NX Panel (Correct me if i am wrong). So therefore is possible to simulate, also i believe it does control the airport branch as well as the lines through Ordsall jn to Salford and out to Bolton. Would be an amazing sim.

But as we know it is all data and developer's time pending.

Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 09/11/2011 at 14:47 #22655
postal
5190 posts
" said:
would love a SimSig of man picc including airport branch??? will there ever be any chance???
If you go to this link you will see the last time that Piccadilly was discussed as a potential sim (in June of this year) and using the link in Post #13, you can see the discussion before that.

It has the potential to be an cracking simulation, and I've no doubt the developers take note of the number of times that it is raised on this wish list.

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 09/11/2011 at 18:30 #22665
TomOF
452 posts
Bolton is Preston PSB. We visited last year and took in information to base a sim upon but nothing has been started as far as I know.
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 09/11/2011 at 18:47 #22666
Ianno
28 posts
Incorrect; Manchester Piccadilly controls past Bolton as far as Westhoughton (fringing with Crow Nest), Horwich Parkway (Blackrod Junction) and Bromley Cross (Fringing with Preston via a guy interposing Train IDs at Bromley Cross).
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 09/11/2011 at 18:50 #22667
Ianno
28 posts
...but I agree, Manchester Piccadilly would be a fantastic sim!
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 09/11/2011 at 18:52 #22668
jc92
3629 posts
i would extend the sim to include the stockport area, hazelgrove, (could add new mills and chinley to chain to sheff) and also the line through new mills central and the GC "branch" to hadfield.
"We don't stop camborne wednesdays"
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 10/11/2011 at 18:04 #22712
TomOF
452 posts
Sorry, I meant Blackburn! It was a long day...
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 07/02/2012 at 11:19 #28987
Guts
586 posts
Any joy??
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 07/02/2012 at 12:45 #29000
headshot119
4869 posts
" said:
Any joy??
Generally we don't pester the devs for information on sims. When they are ready they will be released.

"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 07/02/2012 at 13:55 #29005
Lardybiker
771 posts
As has been stated before by Geoff (fairly recently I recall), this is a wish list and any items on this part of the forum are merely suggestions for future sims. They may become a real sim, they may not but don't expect any announcements though
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 25/02/2012 at 14:15 #29963
Berko
2 posts
*Puts a vote in for Manchester Picadilly*

However, how would ever get all the required information? Go have a walk around the train station and tracks? I suppose it depends on the level of accuracy you want to achieve.

Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 25/02/2012 at 14:22 #29964
Sam Tugwell
493 posts
The Developer would visit the signal box that controls said area for the detail required to produce a Sim. Track Circuit lengths and Overlaps (to name just 2 of many things required) are needed to deliver the accuracy that makes Simsig the great product it is.

Sam

"Signalman Exeter"
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 25/02/2012 at 14:36 #29966
Peter Bennet
5360 posts
The wish list is just that - a wish list and anyone is free to make whatever suggestions/requests they like. Others are free to debate the merits or otherwise but there is no need to counter-post any caveats relating to the Development issues etc- that's a given.

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 25/02/2012 at 14:54 #29968
Stephen Fulcher
2025 posts
Peter,

In this case as it was a new member who only joined today who made the original comment, it is logical to assume he (she) would not have known about the development issue, and as such is probably a help to him that Sam restated them.

Far better for someone to restate the rules than for someone else to then say "read the forum for the rules".

The following user said thank you: Sam Tugwell
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 25/02/2012 at 15:02 #29969
Berko
2 posts
My question regarding obtaining the information was exactly that, a question. It's obvious the amount of time & effort that has been put into the simulations, that was never disputed. So thanks Sam for answering them.

And I have already read the rules as I do on every forum I join. And I'm sure I'm not breaking any of them.

However the posts after Sam's is somewhat of a mystery and I'm unsure of there purpose. I think misinterpretation on both the posters and my part is culprit.

Last edited: 25/02/2012 at 15:06 by Berko
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 25/02/2012 at 15:18 #29970
Stephen Fulcher
2025 posts
Berko,

At risk of being rebuked for taking the thread off topic, I will try and explain.

There are many wish list posts on this forum, occasionally several posted within a short space of time by the same poster, who then goes on to expect a detailed answer from the development team about each and every one of them, which is what Peter and the other moderators have been attempting to avoid.

There are, as Peter says, many underlying considerations as to whether or not a simulation of a particular area can or cannot be created. There include, but are not limited to:
- Is the required data available? Noting that data to an extremely detailed level is required (a picture of the panel alone for instance is not enough)
- Is there a potential conflict of interest with TreSim? (see other threads for an explanation)
- Is there a Developer with both the time, and the interest in the area concerned available?
- And many others!

The reason for Peters post about development issues being a "given" was in relation to the many threads where it has already been debated before, it being rather more appropriate to search back through the forum to see those rather than have a new debate every time someone suggests a potential simulation as an idea, which is counterproductive.

I posted to suggest to Peter that in your case, as someone who had only just joined, there was no harm in reiterating that as you had more than likely not had time since joining to read through the forum to see all this.

There is nothing in there to suggest you as a culprit to anything! The rules of the forum and the "rules" or to word it better "criteria" for development of a particular simulation are two entirely different things.

I hope you enjoy playing SimSig.

Last edited: 25/02/2012 at 15:21 by Stephen Fulcher
The following users said thank you: Berko, Josie
Re: man picc with man airport.... oh pleaseeee 25/02/2012 at 19:37 #30002
Peter Bennet
5360 posts
Sorry I think I may have mis-read Sam's response within the context of Berco's posting.
My comment was actually more a general comment that suggestions on this particular Topic should not be challenged in the grounds of what the developers can and can't do. I realise now that that's not actually what happened here.

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Last edited: 25/02/2012 at 19:38 by Peter Bennet
The following user said thank you: Sam Tugwell