No events to display

Who's Online

Lincolnshire

You are here: Home > Forum > Wishlist > Simulation wish list > Lincolnshire

Page 1 of 2

Lincolnshire 12/10/2015 at 11:37 #76808
NewBuildmini432
48 posts
Contains no Lincoln, i wish there was a simulation based around Lincoln. On northern part of going past Lincoln it ends at South Humberside. The eastern part is Skegness, full of AOCL's. Thanks to Roadrunner for the mockup software, it is black and white so i had to color the black and white mockup in Paint. Mockups: Skegness Station:
Wainfleet:

Thorpe Culvert:

Train passing Thorpe Culvert

Note, the train picture is actually not a simulation, it's also a mockup. I made it look like a simulation for it to be nice.
Pretend description: 1W18 non stop pass Thorpe Culvert from Skegness to Boston. I plan to make a game like SimSig in Powerpoint. It will have Lincoln and about 10 simulations. Decide which they should be. Thats all. I'll post my own reply here if i make more mockups.

Class 150/2 approaching towards Welshpool. Wrong train you got, only 158's are fitted with ERTMS.
Lincolnshire 12/10/2015 at 12:17 #76809
jc92
3629 posts
Skegness needs a distant signal. I think one train an hour could get a bit tedious.

Lincoln mechanical would be good. I think the SCC will be off limits.

"We don't stop camborne wednesdays"
Lincolnshire 12/10/2015 at 12:55 #76810
NewBuildmini432
48 posts
I'll make Lincoln mechanical if i can find out whether it is not in Conflict of Interest, i'll ask Geoff.
Class 150/2 approaching towards Welshpool. Wrong train you got, only 158's are fitted with ERTMS.
Lincolnshire 12/10/2015 at 13:05 #76811
Danny252
1461 posts
Why does it matter to you if it's a conflict of interest for Geoff? Unless you're working with him, I can't see why it would be.
Lincolnshire 12/10/2015 at 13:12 #76812
headshot119
4869 posts
I'm fairly sure mechanical boxed wouldn't be a conflict of interest anyway.
"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Lincolnshire 12/10/2015 at 17:00 #76824
DaveHarries
1267 posts
" said:
I'll make Lincoln mechanical if i can find out whether it is not in Conflict of Interest, i'll ask Geoff.

Lincoln is on the CoI list.
http://www.SimSig.co.uk/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=usertrack:faq:areas_that_can_not_be_simulated

Saying that, so was Marylebone and we got that in the end.

Dave

Lincolnshire 12/10/2015 at 17:06 #76826
jc92
3629 posts
" said:
" said:

Lincoln is on the CoI list.
http://www.SimSig.co.uk/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=usertrack:faq:areas_that_can_not_be_simulated

Saying that, so was Marylebone and we got that in the end.

Dave
Lincoln SCC not the previous mechanical boxes

"We don't stop camborne wednesdays"
Lincolnshire 12/10/2015 at 17:23 #76827
Steamer
3922 posts
It doesn't matter anyway- he's just making a mock-up, not a simulation...
"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
The following user said thank you: Trainfan344
Lincolnshire 12/10/2015 at 19:39 #76831
jimbolimbo9
11 posts
How do you make those mock-ups? Would love to make some myself
Lincolnshire 12/10/2015 at 19:52 #76833
Peter Bennet
5360 posts
" said:
How do you make those mock-ups? Would love to make some myself
See here.

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Lincolnshire 13/10/2015 at 02:22 #76838
NewBuildmini432
48 posts
Hello again, i have done Lincoln mockup. It's mechanical but has modern crossings, also it was halogen when it had semaphores. Now it's LED. However has halogen pedestrian light.

Lincolnshire 13/10/2015 at 04:44 #76839
NewBuildmini432
48 posts
My new signalling IECC simulation will be written on Scratch, it's more simpler. It will include Lincoln SCC. The Lincoln map will be called Lincolnshire. It will include all my mockups.
Lincolnshire 13/10/2015 at 04:53 #76841
NewBuildmini432
48 posts
Vote for features:
Functional crossings Yes/No
RETB Yes/No
ERTMS Yes/No
Absolute block with working bells Yes/No

Vote for maps:
ECML Yes/No
WCML Yes/No
Cambrian Line Yes/No
West Highland Line Yes/No
Great Eastern Main Line Yes/No
Great Western Main Line Yes/No

The features in menu will be: Select a panel/box in a simulation, whole signalling centre mode: includes all panels. There will be also: Set frequency of calls from crossings.
This is just a concept. I'll return with more mockups.

Lincolnshire 13/10/2015 at 05:34 #76842
Peter Bennet
5360 posts
From the above I'm a little confused as to what you are intending to do. Is it more mock-ups, in which case what do you mean by "functional" or are you intending to build Sims, in which case should you be using our forum as a [potential] competitor?

Peter

The following user said thank you: scottlowes
Lincolnshire 13/10/2015 at 05:46 #76843
NewBuildmini432
48 posts
I'll make some more mockups after school.
Lincolnshire 13/10/2015 at 05:55 #76844
Peter Bennet
5360 posts
I'm still not clear as to what your intentions are, is it purely mock-ups or are you intending to try and build working Sims in some form?

You refer to mock-ups but also use words such as "functional" and "simulation" and say "This is just a concept. I'll return with more mockups.". From which I infer you maybe intending to do more than just mock-ups.

I'm not saying you can't use this forum to advertise your intentions (Geoff would have to take a view on that and did agree to semaphore simulations a while ago) but it'd be nice to know.

Peter

Lincolnshire 13/10/2015 at 11:54 #76845
TomOF
452 posts
I'm not sure if you are aware but the layout was also considerably different when Lincoln still had it's semaphores.
Lincolnshire 13/10/2015 at 12:51 #76846
Danny252
1461 posts
" said:
You refer to mock-ups but also use words such as "functional" and "simulation" and say "This is just a concept. I'll return with more mockups.". From which I infer you maybe intending to do more than just mock-ups.
There's also strange sentences like:

Quote:
I plan to make a game like SimSig in Powerpoint. It will have Lincoln and about 10 simulations.
How does one make a game in Powerpoint?

The following user said thank you: GoochyB
Lincolnshire 13/10/2015 at 15:14 #76848
TimTamToe
656 posts
" said:

How does one make a game in Powerpoint?
Trains wouldn't enter from a depot but spiral in from the top corner with a whoooshhhh obviously :whistle:

Last edited: 13/10/2015 at 15:14 by TimTamToe
The following users said thank you: Temple Meads, GoochyB, kaiwhara, flabberdacks, LucasLCC, scottlowes, Trainfan344, Peter Bennet, postal
Lincolnshire 14/10/2015 at 06:31 #76856
NewBuildmini432
48 posts
Fix me, it is was before bed the Lincoln so i forgot controls, actually let it be a CK Crossing Keeper type crossings, since i do not plan in Lincoln a centre controlling crossings, it is not a SCC, so if it was and it had no conflict of interest, i would add colour signals. So the signal boxes are keepers. Makin more mockups, was late for school so i can't go there. This time it's gonna be Saxilby
Lincolnshire 14/10/2015 at 06:33 #76857
kaiwhara
584 posts
" said:
Fix me, it is was before bed the Lincoln so i forgot controls, actually let it be a CK Crossing Keeper type crossings, since i do not plan in Lincoln a centre controlling crossings, it is not a SCC, so if it was and it had no conflict of interest, i would add colour signals. So the signal boxes are keepers. Makin more mockups, was late for school so i can't go there. This time it's gonna be Saxilby
Is it just me or did this post make no sense whatsoever? :S

Sorry guys, I am in the business of making people wait!
Lincolnshire 14/10/2015 at 08:10 #76859
northroad
870 posts
" said:
" said:
Is it just me or did this post make no sense whatsoever? :S
It's quite definitely you, as it obviously made perfect sense to the member who posted it........

Lincolnshire 14/10/2015 at 08:59 #76860
Danny252
1461 posts
If I followed it correctly, he's currently making more mockups instead of being at school, due to being "late" and hence being unable to go to school for some unexplained reason.
Last edited: 14/10/2015 at 08:59 by Danny252
The following user said thank you: Trainfan344
Lincolnshire 14/10/2015 at 09:59 #76863
northroad
870 posts
" said:
Vote for features:
Functional crossings Yes/No
RETB Yes/No
ERTMS Yes/No
Absolute block with working bells Yes/No

Vote for maps:
ECML Yes/No
WCML Yes/No
Cambrian Line Yes/No
West Highland Line Yes/No
Great Eastern Main Line Yes/No
Great Western Main Line Yes/No

The features in menu will be: Select a panel/box in a simulation, whole signalling centre mode: includes all panels. There will be also: Set frequency of calls from crossings.
This is just a concept. I'll return with more mockups.
This was the earlier post that had me confused especially the vote for maps section. It appears that a simulation or mock up for the EML/WCML/Cambrian Line/West Highland Line/Great Eastern Main Line and Great Western Mainline is on the agenda.....or am I totally off the beaten track....

Lincolnshire 14/10/2015 at 10:44 #76869
Peter Bennet
5360 posts
" said:
If I followed it correctly, he's currently making more mockups instead of being at school, due to being "late" and hence being unable to go to school for some unexplained reason.
"Eleven minutes late, there was a problem with a level crossing." as Reginald Perrin might have said.

Peter

The following users said thank you: GoochyB, ajax103