Upcoming Games

No games to display

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Unable to purchase sims

You are here: Home > Forum > General > General questions, comments, and issues > Unable to purchase sims

Page 1 of 1

Unable to purchase sims 18/03/2014 at 00:48 #57270
Mattyq
259 posts
I'm trying to purchase the New St, Coventry etc multi-buy package. I put the product in the cart then proceed to checkout. On the checkout screen a message appears at the top "No payment method found". I am unable to proceed any further.

Having successfully purchased the Vic and Scot packs, I have not encountered this problem before. I do not have a Paypal account but for all previous purchases, I've used the credit card method with no issue. This time, however, I cannot.

Any clues?

Not fat ..... fluffy!! (G Iglesias)
Last edited: 18/03/2014 at 00:48 by Mattyq
Unable to purchase sims 18/03/2014 at 00:56 #57272
headshot119
4869 posts
Out of interest are you using Firefox ? I had this issue earlier, I switched to Chrome to make the purchase, and although "no payment method found" initially came up, when I clicked proceed for a second time the Paypal option came up.
"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Unable to purchase sims 18/03/2014 at 09:11 #57278
Mattyq
259 posts
Yes, I am using Firefox. I'll try Chrome or IE. Thanks.
Not fat ..... fluffy!! (G Iglesias)
Unable to purchase sims 30/03/2014 at 22:04 #58048
Adrian the Rock
111 posts
I've just had a very interesting experience in this regard! After being told yesterday there was a no-PayPal option, I was rather shocked to find that, when trying to buy the W Mids multipack, firstly the only option the shop offered was via PayPal - which I have had problems with before as it would say I'd used my cards enough times I needed to create a PayPal account, which I refuse to do - and secondly when I got to the PayPal screen the only options it offered me were (a) login to existing PayPal account or (b) create one. (There is a screenshot like this in the related Motherwell thread.)

The above was using Chrome. So I thought sod this, I'll see what happens if I try checking out in IE (8). So I did, and lo and behold I now got offered the choice of login or pay by credit card (and optionally create PayPal account). Ok, I thought, I'll try this (without creating a PP account) and, to my utter astonishment (and pleasant surprise), IT WORKED! So I'm now happily playing Wolves!

Having seen the posts in this thread and in the Motherwell one, I thought you'd be interested to know this.