Upcoming Games

No games to display

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Who's Online

Interesting Delays

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Peterborough > Interesting Delays

Page 1 of 1

Interesting Delays 14/11/2011 at 11:37 #22887
delticfan
476 posts
Hi all, I'm currently running TT Summer 2003, excellent busy TT as always. I've noticed, even though I've set only minor delays, that upto now I've had about 6 trains advising delays at Huntingdon. The last one was for 15 minutes awaiting ambulance attendance but the most of the previous have been Drivers requesting toilet breaks. This is by no means a complaint, rather than concern for the state of Drivers' bladders, lol! Must be something in the water in that area. Anyway, I'm accepting them as a bit of light relief (pun intended, I think, lol!).
Thanks to all involved for one of my favourite sims.
Mal. :cheer:

Re: Interesting Delays 14/11/2011 at 12:28 #22888
alvinhochun
249 posts
Well, I've once seen a train "late entering the area" when playing Drain.
The most interesting thing is that the train should be "at the depot"!

Also once "help given to passenger" in the turn back sliding, which usually no passengers in there :silly:

Those delays are hard-coded into the core code (I think) so every sim and every "stop" can get the messages...

_ _ _ _,_ _ _ _! (censored by the Hong Kong national security law)
Last edited: 14/11/2011 at 12:28 by alvinhochun
Re: Interesting Delays 14/11/2011 at 13:14 #22892
UKTrainMan
1803 posts
Are most of them working a KGX to PBO train at the time? If it's the xx:36 off KGX then I don't think I'd blame them what with knowing how long it takes to do (something like 2 hours(!)).

I think I'd say the funniest delays are caused by the Wrong Kind of Food Trolley, which always leaves me thinking that the driver wasn't happy his favourite sandwich wasn't available...despite the fact he is only sitting in Hornsey Reversing Sidings or Harringay Reversing Siding - arriving at Hornsey EMU Depot not all that long afterwards where he could probably pop to the canteen and find it there.

" said:
Also once "help given to passenger" in the turn back sliding, which usually no passengers in there
:lol: Looks like the 'newbie' must have been de-training the train at Waterloo (LUL) and somehow missed out one passenger. :huh: :blink:

On the subject of delays, this related thread ought to be of interest to some.

Any views and / or opinions expressed by myself are from me personally and do not represent those of any company I either work for or am a consultant for.
Last edited: 14/11/2011 at 15:03 by UKTrainMan
Re: Interesting Delays 14/11/2011 at 13:36 #22893
alvinhochun
249 posts
I would suggest adding some more:

• The train driver got lost in the station

• A passenger fell into the platform gap

• Emergency exit doors are opened by naughty kids

Re: Interesting Delays 14/11/2011 at 14:27 #22896
UKTrainMan
1803 posts
" said:

• A passenger fell into the platform gap

• Emergency exit doors are opened by naughty kids

I doubt the first one would happen like that, but it ought to be possible to add a delay to due the driver getting to their train late (which does happen).

SimSig as a rule do not simulate things like SPADs, persons or people being hit by trains, derailments, etc, so I have my doubts that second one would be simulated.

Not sure about the third one, but with F11 in the more recent simulations it is very easy to simulate this by selecting the train and 'pausing it' wherever it is at the time - this is rather realistic too since with most if not all trains here in the UK the passenger doors are interlocked with the train so if they open (forced or otherwise), the brakes come on.

Any views and / or opinions expressed by myself are from me personally and do not represent those of any company I either work for or am a consultant for.
Last edited: 14/11/2011 at 14:28 by UKTrainMan
Re: Interesting Delays 14/11/2011 at 14:41 #22897
alvinhochun
249 posts
So a food trolley on the LUL trains are possible then?
Re: Interesting Delays 14/11/2011 at 16:31 #22903
Peter Bennet
5360 posts
" said:
So a food trolley on the LUL trains are possible then? :D

But only soft drinks these days.

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Re: Interesting Delays 14/11/2011 at 16:48 #22905
Class 92
359 posts
" said:

Or the train manager is late that happened at preston once it delayed the train by 30 minutes!

Last edited: 14/11/2011 at 18:50 by Class 92
Re: Interesting Delays 14/11/2011 at 17:29 #22910
delticfan
476 posts
Looks like the 'newbie' must have been de-training the train at Waterloo (LUL) and somehow missed out one passenger.

That rings a horribe memory. I had that happen to me when I was a newbie at New Street. Thought I'd cleared everyone from an arrival from Walsall. It went ECS Bescot and we got a phone call, passenger left on (oops!).

Are most of them working a KGX to PBO train at the time? If it's the xx:36 off KGX then I don't think I'd blame them what with knowing how long it takes to do (something like 2 hours(!)).

Funny enough, they are the KX stoppers. Didn't notice the times though.
I've had the food trolley one on a couple of sims also.

Mal.

Last edited: 14/11/2011 at 17:34 by delticfan
Re: Interesting Delays 14/11/2011 at 17:54 #22911
gremlin604
44 posts
I can't remember which sim or station, but i had the driver needing toilet break, and the delay was expected to be around 45 minutes!

Presumably the toilets at the station were closed

Re: Interesting Delays 09/06/2012 at 07:59 #32942
delticfan
476 posts
I'm running the Pboro Summer 2003 TT. (Excellent busy TT by the way). I seem to be having an outbreak of longish delays in the St Neots area. Lots of door problems and one delay of 29 minutes - waiting replacement driver - (picturing mad dash by taxi from KX or Peterborough). Wonder if this has ever happened due to a rostering problem? These comments aren't meant as criticism, quite the opposite as they add a bit of spice to an already busy shift, lol!

Re: Interesting Delays 09/06/2012 at 08:31 #32946
birchy74
151 posts
" said:
I can't remember which sim or station, but i had the driver needing toilet break, and the delay was expected to be around 45 minutes!

Presumably the toilets at the station were closed :)
Or he had a bad case of the trotts lol :pinch:

Re: Interesting Delays 21/06/2012 at 15:09 #33222
TimB2010
77 posts
Happens frequently at New St - train crews from Snow Hill, drivers from Tyseley/Soho, etc. etc.
Re: Interesting Delays 05/01/2013 at 12:02 #40228
delticfan
476 posts
Just been thinking that some of the incidents/delays on Pboro aren't all that wide of the mark, especially 'flock of sheep waiting to cross' at selected crossings. On Radio Lincolnshire this morning there's been a travel report of sheep loose on the line around Sleaford and trains are being cautioned. Obviously no-one told the sheep to use a crossing, lol!
Re: Interesting Delays 05/01/2013 at 12:11 #40229
SPADmad
104 posts
Quote:
I think I'd say the funniest delays are caused by the Wrong Kind of Food Trolley, which always leaves me thinking that the driver wasn't happy his favourite sandwich wasn't available...despite the fact he is only sitting in Hornsey Reversing Sidings or Harringay Reversing Siding - arriving at Hornsey EMU Depot not all that long afterwards where he could probably pop to the canteen and find it there.
One I've had is Driver needs toilet break at Finsbury on an up train. While I'm there yelling 'Hold on three more mins and you have a 60minute layover at the cross!!!!!'. Grrrrrrrrr

The following user said thank you: Aurora
Re: Interesting Delays 05/01/2013 at 12:32 #40231
Danny252
1461 posts
" said:
Just been thinking that some of the incidents/delays on Pboro aren't all that wide of the mark, especially 'flock of sheep waiting to cross' at selected crossings. On Radio Lincolnshire this morning there's been a travel report of sheep loose on the line around Sleaford and trains are being cautioned. Obviously no-one told the sheep to use a crossing, lol! :)
There's the tale of the train that took an awfully long time in section between Highley and Hampton Loade on the SVR - it eventually appeared round the corner at walking pace, following a flock of sheep, happily going along with being shepherded down the track (since sheep will just walk away from you if you move towards them) and not in any hurry to get off it!

Re: Interesting Delays 12/01/2013 at 10:52 #40463
delticfan
476 posts
Never had this happen before. I'm running the 2003 Summer TT. For no apparent reason 6L01 decided to stop at High Dyke on the Up Fast, causing a bit of a traffic jam of following services. After about 6 or 7 minutes it got moving again. Just wondering if it was another random delay programmed in?
Re: Interesting Delays 12/01/2013 at 11:01 #40464
Ben86
126 posts
" said:
Never had this happen before. I'm running the 2003 Summer TT. For no apparent reason 6L01 decided to stop at High Dyke on the Up Fast, causing a bit of a traffic jam of following services. After about 6 or 7 minutes it got moving again. Just wondering if it was another random delay programmed in?
Mal, from the TT it looks like there is a scheduled stop for this train at Highdyke Jn until 16:29. Not sure whether this would normally be on the slow line though, presumably waiting for 1A34 and 1E13 to pass?

Ben

The following user said thank you: delticfan
Re: Interesting Delays 12/01/2013 at 12:24 #40468
delticfan
476 posts
" said:
" said:
Mal, from the TT it looks like there is a scheduled stop for this train at Highdyke Jn until 16:29. Not sure whether this would normally be on the slow line though, presumably waiting for 1A34 and 1E13 to pass?

Ben

Hi Ben, Yep, I noted the timetabled stop at High Dyke, but it stopped before turning onto the Slow, delaying 1A34 and 1E13.

Re: Interesting Delays 18/12/2014 at 20:26 #66809
delticfan
476 posts
Playing Peterborough after not having done so for ages. Interesting delay on 5P76, presently stood at N DF Reverse. Will be delayed 15 minutes due to ambulance attendance. Awkward location for the paramedics to get to.
Mal.

Re: Interesting Delays 18/12/2014 at 21:58 #66815
BarryM
2158 posts
" said:
Playing Peterborough after not having done so for ages. Interesting delay on 5P76, presently stood at N DF Reverse. Will be delayed 15 minutes due to ambulance attendance. Awkward location for the paramedics to get to.
Mal.
I hope you put a BLOK on the Up Slow and stopped all shunting movements on the Up side until the paramedics left the area!

Lol!
Barry

Barry, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Re: Interesting Delays 19/12/2014 at 01:45 #66823
Trainfan344
262 posts
The wrong kind of food trolley onboard a Watford Junction DC line train, prompting me to wonder when this service was introduced.
Re: Interesting Delays 19/12/2014 at 11:52 #66833
delticfan
476 posts
" said:
" said:
Mal.
I hope you put a BLOK on the Up Slow and stopped all shunting movements on the Up side until the paramedics left the area!

Lol!
Barry
Oops, never thought of that Barry. That'll be me on a disciplinary then.

Mal.

Re: Interesting Delays 30/09/2015 at 21:34 #76390
jadamson2704
5 posts
Likewise on the Motherwell sim, a Dalmuir - Larkhall service held up at Blantyre (of all places!) due to wrong catering trolley.... Also had ambulance callouts to Whifflet sidings, toilet break at Newton Turnback (plenty of trees to be had) and delays for no reason. Fun indeed.