Upcoming Events

No events to display

FILE setup

You are here: Home > Forum > New to SimSig? > Newcomers > FILE setup

Page 1 of 1

FILE setup 04/07/2015 at 01:13 #73862
colina
2 posts
I am coming back to SimSig after my system (HDD) failed. Have downloaded and run system setup files and the Royston route files. Again these seem to have setup correctly and the shortcut is available. However whener I try to run Roston it fails, with error message indicating either a) DirectX 3 or better will be required, or b) monitor resolution of at least 1048x768 is required. Currently I have DirectX 11 installed and my monitor is capable of, and normally runs at a considerably higher resolution. I have run Simsig successfully on this machine in the past and am therefore rather puzzled. System runs dualcore processor Win7 64bit home premium operating system. Any ideas or assistance would be appreciated
FILE setup 04/07/2015 at 20:20 #73896
clive
2738 posts
Royston is a very old sim that is a stand-alone binary. It's quite possible that there's something in the DirectX logic in it that doesn't recognize the latest versions.

I'm afraid there's little or nothing we can do to help; you'll just have to wait until it's re-released.

FILE setup 04/07/2015 at 22:49 #73901
colina
2 posts
Thanks for that, maybe it is that simple. Next trick will be to download a more recent sim - selected from the simpler group - and try again. Comment appreciated.