Upcoming Games

(UTC times)

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Merseyrail Network

You are here: Home > Forum > Wishlist > Simulation wish list > Merseyrail Network

Page 1 of 1

Merseyrail Network 28/05/2016 at 20:45 #82705
Jezzabusdriver
75 posts
I live right by one of the stations on the Merseyrail network and I think it would be really good if this route was made, I think it would also bring in quite a bit of money for you guys and would offer a great challenge with 75 miles of track to control with a train every 15 minutes on all lines meaning a 5 - 10 minute service in Central Liverpool. Also Ormskirk & Hunts Cross trains use the same platform at Liverpool Central

When a train to Ormskirk is in Liverpool Central the train to Hunts Cross can't entre the station until the Ormskirk train has cleared the platform, so this simulator would add great things to do with a challenge as well

The following user said thank you: G4HDU
Merseyrail Network 28/05/2016 at 20:50 #82707
Jezzabusdriver
75 posts
I think the Merseyrail Netwodk would be goof to do with 75 miles of track, workings such as Birkenhead North TMD - Kirkdale TMD, Ellesmere Port - West Kirby via Liverpool Loop
Also options to close the Liverpool loop meaning all the Wirral Line trains have to terminate at James Street platform 2.

Also option for trains to terminate at Birkenhead North, Hooton, Rock Ferry, Liverpool South Parkway (Low Level), Kirkdale, Maghull, Hall Road. So much variety to do on the Merseyrail route with trains every 15 minutes on all lines except the Ellesmere Port branch line so that means a train every 5 - 10 minutes on the Liverpool Loop.

Also only 2 trains an hour stop at Capenhurst Monday - Saturday daytime while the 2 other trains pass through the station without stopping.

Merseyrail Network 28/05/2016 at 21:03 #82708
headshot119
4869 posts
" said:
I think the Merseyrail Netwodk would be goof to do with 75 miles of track, workings such as Birkenhead North TMD - Kirkdale TMD, Ellesmere Port - West Kirby via Liverpool Loop
Also options to close the Liverpool loop meaning all the Wirral Line trains have to terminate at James Street platform 2.

Also option for trains to terminate at Birkenhead North, Hooton, Rock Ferry, Liverpool South Parkway (Low Level), Kirkdale, Maghull, Hall Road. So much variety to do on the Merseyrail route with trains every 15 minutes on all lines except the Ellesmere Port branch line so that means a train every 5 - 10 minutes on the Liverpool Loop.

Also only 2 trains an hour stop at Capenhurst Monday - Saturday daytime while the 2 other trains pass through the station without stopping.
Remember Sandhills only controls as far Bromborough, and then Hooton Junction (Now Chester) takes over, fortunately meaning we don't have to check if we stop at Capenhurst. Though I can imagine Sandhills on it's own would be quite a fun simulation, especially with a little bit of disruption thrown in.

If anyone would like to see what the Wirral line Workstation looks like, photos I took on an official visit recently can be viewed on my flickr.

"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Last edited: 28/05/2016 at 21:08 by headshot119
The following users said thank you: G4HDU, BarryM
Merseyrail Network 29/05/2016 at 03:21 #82715
uboat
219 posts
Is this still a conflict of interest area?
Merseyrail Network 29/05/2016 at 08:32 #82722
Peter Bennet
5360 posts
Consolidated two almost identical threads.

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Merseyrail Network 29/05/2016 at 10:59 #82726
Andrew G
548 posts
You can see the Northern Line work station as well as the Wirral one in this album.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/llangollen_signalman/albums/72157632608348236

I agree with the earlier comments that this would make an interesting simulation. While the service pattern is very standard as has been commented earlier there is limited capacity at Liverpool Central and even with ARS enabled the Signaller on that work station requires to keep a close eye on things.

One observation regarding the number of Level Crossings is that if a simulation is ever developed I am guessing it will have an option like Feltham and LTS to disable crossings. It would be good if such an option was ever developed for it to only suppress the Level Crossings supervised by the Level Crossing work stations and not the ones which are supervised by the Wirral & Northern work stations.

The following user said thank you: G4HDU
Merseyrail Network 30/05/2016 at 03:36 #82740
Jezzabusdriver
75 posts
I do apologise for the double posting, silly me pressing button. Yep it would be good if we could control the Merseyrail network as far as the limit allows us as there is so much you can do like trains breaking down etc
Merseyrail Network 06/06/2016 at 08:21 #82915
G4HDU
2 posts
Having been a commuter on Merseyrail I know there are many real life scenarios which would make this a very interesting sim. De iceing trains, defective crossings, weather, drunks, passengers taken ill and so on. Spent many hours on a cold wet and windy sandhills station when we have been thrown off.

Swapping from 6 to 3 car services happens twice a day. A three car comes into Central on one platform, goes into the neck and a 6 car comes in on the opposite platform. The original 3 car then goes off to the depot.

ORMSKIRK, Kirby and Southport all have connecting trains to meet on time. Most times they do, sometimes they miss. Lots of engineering work goes on. Run a ballast cleaner or tamper out on a Sunday.

Then of course there is the Wirral line too.

Definitely a plus 1 from me for this.

Merseyrail Network 06/06/2016 at 08:58 #82916
G4HDU
2 posts
Another possibility, based on fantasy I suppose is the reinstatement of the Burscough curves linking Ormskirk and Southport. The suggested link from Aintree to Bootle and the suggested reinstatement of the Skem Jazzer from Ormskirk to Skelmersdale. A separate sim would allow multi user?
Merseyrail Network 10/06/2016 at 14:02 #82982
NewBuildmini432
48 posts
Supporting this. I would like to see another third-rail route.
Class 150/2 approaching towards Welshpool. Wrong train you got, only 158's are fitted with ERTMS.
Merseyrail Network 10/06/2016 at 15:54 #82985
Jezzabusdriver
75 posts
I live right by Conway Park and some nights you hear one of the RHTT going past at about 1:30am and returns back about 3am all depends if its running early or not