Upcoming Games

(UTC times)

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Who's Online

JamesN, Richard Gore, Jriver (3 users seen recently)

One-step jump from Timetable List to Location List

You are here: Home > Forum > Wishlist > Features wish list > One-step jump from Timetable List to Location List

Page 1 of 1

One-step jump from Timetable List to Location List 10/02/2012 at 14:26 #29260
maxand
1637 posts
I'd like to suggest adding the option to jump from selecting a train on the Trains window of the Timetable List > Timetables tab to its Location List (aka Timetable) in just one step, e.g., by double-clicking the train.

Currently, double-clicking a train opens at the Train Details tab, which is OK I guess, but not as useful IMO as the Location List tab. This would be a great help to display intended activities and departure times for trains yet to enter the area.

Last edited: 10/02/2012 at 14:27 by maxand
The following user said thank you: postal
Re: One-step jump from Timetable List to Location List 11/02/2012 at 05:06 #29285
UKTrainMan
1803 posts
Whilst I haven't released any public timetables (yet..), when I have been timetabling I follow the timetable window through in order, starting with the train details first. Whilst jumping straight to the Location List may have it's advantages for the average player, keeping the current logical order of how it displays is what I personally prefer (and, as a result, believe others would prefer too, since I don't recall this ever being raised before).

However, if this proposal goes ahead, I would wonder if a 'compromise' could be reached where-by a 'jump to Location List' button could be added, allowing players to click on the train then click on that button.

Any views and / or opinions expressed by myself are from me personally and do not represent those of any company I either work for or am a consultant for.
Re: One-step jump from Timetable List to Location List 11/02/2012 at 13:40 #29292
maxand
1637 posts
Quote:
I would wonder if a 'compromise' could be reached where-by a 'jump to Location List' button could be added, allowing players to click on the train then click on that button.
This still involves an extra click which becomes annoying after a while. Better to have a pair of radio buttons in the Options (F3) > Control tab to the effect:

Double-clicking a train on Timetables tab opens at:
(.) Train Details
( ) Location list

Re: One-step jump from Timetable List to Location List 16/02/2012 at 19:16 #29595
UKTrainMan
1803 posts
" said:
Quote:
I would wonder if a 'compromise' could be reached where-by a 'jump to Location List' button could be added, allowing players to click on the train then click on that button.
This still involves an extra click
Actually, no it doesn't. You currently double-click on the train to open it's timetable, then click on the Location List. The way I suggested involves one click on the train then one click on the button. Reducing 3 clicks to 2 clicks.

Any views and / or opinions expressed by myself are from me personally and do not represent those of any company I either work for or am a consultant for.