Upcoming Games

(UTC times)

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Signal Numbers

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Wembley Main Line > Signal Numbers

Page 1 of 1

Signal Numbers 25/07/2014 at 07:00 #63115
lawrm
45 posts
Congratulations on a great sim, but am I missing something? Everywhere in the manual there are references to signal numbers, but is there a way to display these on screen, or is there a map with them on? Otherwise, how does a rookie like me know where you're talking about?
Lawrence

Signal Numbers 25/07/2014 at 07:33 #63116
postal
5190 posts
" said:
Congratulations on a great sim, but am I missing something? Everywhere in the manual there are references to signal numbers, but is there a way to display these on screen, or is there a map with them on? Otherwise, how does a rookie like me know where you're talking about?
Lawrence
Go to the F3 screen and on the Control tab uncheck the "right-click cancels route" box. Then when you right-click on a signal you get a pop-up menu showing the signal number and a context menu where you can carry out various activities related to the signal.

The signal number diagrams are normally created by a public-spirited member of the community and added to the manual on the Wiki after the release of the sim. As Wembley ML is a newly released sim I guess that is a task still waiting for a volunteer.

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
The following user said thank you: lawrm
Signal Numbers 25/07/2014 at 08:26 #63117
Steamer
3920 posts
" said:
The signal number diagrams are normally created by a public-spirited member of the community and added to the manual on the Wiki after the release of the sim. As Wembley ML is a newly released sim I guess that is a task still waiting for a volunteer.
Work in progress, but I'm away for the next few days so it won't appear until the end of next week.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
The following user said thank you: lawrm
Signal Numbers 25/07/2014 at 17:59 #63138
Splodge
701 posts
If you prefer to keep right-click for route cancelling, on some newer sims (Wembley ML included!) you can press Shift+Right Click which displays the signal number (as well as a menu for reminders etc). I much prefer this.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Signal Numbers 25/07/2014 at 18:02 #63139
Danny252
1461 posts
" said:
If you prefer to keep right-click for route cancelling, on some newer sims (Wembley ML included!) you can press Shift+Right Click which displays the signal number (as well as a menu for reminders etc). I much prefer this.
Presumably "some newer sims" (essentially) translates to "the loader"?

Signal Numbers 25/07/2014 at 18:31 #63141
y10g9
895 posts
" said:
" said:
Presumably "some newer sims" (essentially) translates to "the loader"?
Yes. All loader sims have this feature. I personally go the different route to Splodge. Right click brings up the menu, Shift right click to cancel the route. find it stops me from accidentally canceling the route when i didn't mean to

Signal Numbers 25/07/2014 at 19:17 #63147
Splodge
701 posts
I wasn't entirely sure which is why I didn't specify Loader - for some reason I thought a couple of the non-loader sims had it.

I like the quick cancel ability for that 'ohno' moment when I realise I've set the route and can cancel it before it proves

There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Signal Numbers 25/07/2014 at 19:32 #63149
madaboutrains
307 posts
Its not the sim but this what I made may be useful

This text is hidden because you are not logged in.

RIP Feltham Panel 1
Signal Numbers 25/07/2014 at 20:46 #63153
Danny252
1461 posts
" said:
I wasn't entirely sure which is why I didn't specify Loader - for some reason I thought a couple of the non-loader sims had it.
Hence my "essentially" - I didn't feel like proving/disproving that any pre-loader ones had them! However, as has been pointed out to me several times, the loader has actually been around for a surprisingly long time now, and "recently" doesn't work so well any more.

Last edited: 25/07/2014 at 20:46 by Danny252
Signal Numbers 25/07/2014 at 21:27 #63155
AndyG
1834 posts
One of the benefits of the Loader set-up - when this feature was added, it immediately became available across all loader simulations without having to wait for each one to be recompiled by the individual developers.
I can only help one person a day. Today's not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
Signal Numbers 01/08/2014 at 08:25 #63393
Steamer
3920 posts
" said:
" said:
Work in progress, but I'm away for the next few days so it won't appear until the end of next week.
As promised- now added to the manual.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
The following users said thank you: lawrm, AndyG