2003 timetable help

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Wimbledon > 2003 timetable help

Page 1 of 1

2003 timetable help 07/12/2014 at 22:34 #66315
Underwood
746 posts
Hello all,

Currently enjoying this sim, certainly getting my monies worth! I've been thinking about doing a 2012 TT to add to the Olympics collectipn, unsure if anyones interested to be honest, but I've already made a start on a 2003 TT based on the original (not mine) released for the Waterloo sim. I've also fixed a few things like stopping patterns as per the 2003 NRT. I also have section WB 2003 to help with Eurostar ECS and International services.

However I have some queries regarding that and some other things:

1. How long has P8 at Clapham been barred for stopping trains? Did all stoppers use P7 in '03?

2. I notice some Eurostars from Waterloo to Brussels/Paris are a 'Q'. How does that work? Does it run only if there is bookings or something? Never heard of a 'as required' Eurostar to be honest!

3. Bit of a long shot, the only WTT I'm missing is the bits for Epsom, basically for South Central stuff. Even just a CWN would do. I'm unsure where to get one. If anyone did have one for this year, I'd be willing to pay good money to borrow it for a couple of weeks if anyone in possetion on a WTT or CWN woul be willing to take this offer? If not, I could base the HC's off the 2005 platform workbook, just I'd need an idea of what might have done the Epsom/Guildford SC services. Im guessing 455's, 456's, 421's and 423's?
I didn't make much notes of what did what when I did bashing and spotting in this year, I seem to recall being on/seeing mostly 4 car sets?

Any help the queries abover, no matter how small, Would be appreciated :)

James.

2003 timetable help 07/12/2014 at 23:11 #66318
uboat
219 posts
I have'nt bought this sim yet but i will play olympics timetables if written.
I will play most timetables when released as it gives variety between years.

2003 timetable help 15/12/2014 at 19:03 #66696
GeoffM
6274 posts
1. I don't know but the reason is because of platform curvature and gaps where doors typically are on EMUs.

2. I believe Eurostar had a number of paths reserved for disruptions and emergencies - perhaps, for example, if the booked train could not run then something else could run in an available path later on. Bear in mind that the train would have to run through 2-3 countries and the Tunnel, and needed to slot in with the existing service.

SimSig Boss
2003 timetable help 15/12/2014 at 20:29 #66704
kaiwhara
584 posts
I *may* have a 2003 CWN for South Central on the other machine. I'll have a look.

Have you remembered the Wessex Trains services to Waterloo? I think they were still running in 2003?

Andrew

Sorry guys, I am in the business of making people wait!
2003 timetable help 15/12/2014 at 22:18 #66711
kaiwhara
584 posts
James

Had a look in the vault, I have some Unit Diagrams from 2003, but nothing for the 456 and 455 units so by no means a complete record sadly. I do have more complete information from 2004, but includes nothing for the CIG and VEP fleets (I think they were still running?). If the timetable didn't change much, these could perhaps be of use?

Andrew

Sorry guys, I am in the business of making people wait!
2003 timetable help 16/12/2014 at 10:08 #66721
kbarber
1708 posts
" said:

2. I believe Eurostar had a number of paths reserved for disruptions and emergencies - perhaps, for example, if the booked train could not run then something else could run in an available path later on. Bear in mind that the train would have to run through 2-3 countries and the Tunnel, and needed to slot in with the existing service.

My understandng of the agreement between British Rail & Eurotunnel was that freights departing Dollands Moor were required to present at the boundary within 30sec of booked time to be assured of their path through the Tunnel. I imagine the Eurostar requirement would have been similar. Remember until September '03, Eurostars ran over the classic route via Bickley & Tonbridge to gain ET metals at Cheriton, so had to be threaded through a busy outer suburban area; without definite paths, it would have been almost impossible to operate the service to anything like the level of precision required. BR also put in at least one additional signalbox supervisor (I know there was one in Victoria because I chatted with one of the applicants, I don't know about Ashford but being an IECC it might or might not have needed that extra co-ordinating capacity).

2003 timetable help 18/12/2014 at 13:06 #66787
Underwood
746 posts
Kaiwhara, any of the 2004 ones may be of help, or maybe both? In theory it should all match, or closely match, as it's only for Epsom/Guildford stuff, if you could send what you have that would be much appreciated :)

I haven't forgotten the Wales and Borders 158 services Funny I never took one of these to Waterloo, always rode my old 50cc scooter to Chippenham and took the HST to London, not sure why I never went from Trowbridge! Therefore I never got to see these, but I am assuming they were all just 2 car's.

Goeff - Good point, and example in the WTT is 3 minutes difference from Waterloo, so that could be for paths. Both are 'as required' but the timing load for the 1009 to Paris is '373AD' and the 1012 to Paris is '373NS'. Doesn't specify in the WTT what these mean though.

2003 timetable help 18/12/2014 at 13:32 #66788
TimTamToe
654 posts
" said:

Both are 'as required' but the timing load for the 1009 to Paris is '373AD' and the 1012 to Paris is '373NS'. Doesn't specify in the WTT what these mean though.
Just a thought but could the 373AD be that it stopped at AshforD Int and the 373NS be that it ran Non-Stop

Gareth

2003 timetable help 18/12/2014 at 15:16 #66790
Underwood
746 posts
Ahhh yes I think I know what it is now.

Having looked in the NRT (if I thought about that before!) There is one to Paris that calls at Ashford and one that doesn't. They are different dates (M&FO, and TWThO)