A SimSig Sale?

You are here: Home > Forum > General > General questions, comments, and issues > A SimSig Sale?

Page 1 of 1

A SimSig Sale? 27/11/2014 at 19:44 #65824
Trainfan344
262 posts
Since tis the season of the sales, will SimSig be joining in to offer sales on their paid sims or is this something that doesn't happen for a reason?
A SimSig Sale? 27/11/2014 at 20:08 #65825
Sacro
1171 posts
" said:
Since tis the season of the sales, will SimSig be joining in to offer sales on their paid sims or is this something that doesn't happen for a reason?
Pretty sure that the season of the sales isn't until at least Boxing Day.

A SimSig Sale? 27/11/2014 at 21:56 #65834
jc92
3626 posts
" said:
" said:
apart from steam's December Sale, Black Friday and Cyber Monday?

"We don't stop camborne wednesdays"
A SimSig Sale? 27/11/2014 at 22:22 #65835
metcontrol
217 posts
Probably worth remembering that SimSig's prices reflect the very hard work of the developers, and already offer exceedingly good value. Much of what is on offer over this weekend in the general market appears to be a very big gimmick. I don't imagine SimSig needs to rely on such things to keep us interested
A SimSig Sale? 28/11/2014 at 00:21 #65839
welshdragon
315 posts
There's never been a SimSig sale before, so it will probably never happen.
A SimSig Sale? 28/11/2014 at 00:38 #65840
headshot119
4869 posts
" said:
And I assume you have the full authority to speak on behalf of all Simsig developers, myself included? (Yes I know all my sims are donationware but that isn't the point)

Nope thought not!

"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
A SimSig Sale? 28/11/2014 at 00:39 #65841
pedroathome
882 posts
" said:
" said:
And I assume you have the full authority to speak on behalf of all Simsig developers, myself included? (Yes I know all my sims are donationware but that isn't the point)

Nope thought not!
That sounds like a sale every day its available

A SimSig Sale? 28/11/2014 at 01:21 #65842
Muzer
718 posts
There have been things I would argue could be constituted sales, but not across the whole range - the most recent one being the "new sim" offer with buy Wembley Mainline get Watford Junction free...
A SimSig Sale? 28/11/2014 at 06:32 #65843
Peter Bennet
5355 posts
When the McSim package was first launched it was at a massive discount of 50% of the sum of the individual sim prices for the first month and is still offered at a small discount to the sum. Whether that was technically a sale I don't know.

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
A SimSig Sale? 28/11/2014 at 09:15 #65845
kbarber
1708 posts
" said:
When the McSim package was first launched it was at a massive discount of 50% of the sum of the individual sim prices for the first month and is still offered at a small discount to the sum. Whether that was technically a sale I don't know.

Peter

[pedant]
I have an idea that, to qualify as a 'sale' (rather than as a mere 'discount', which is of course not at all the same thing and MUCH harder for the overpaid marketing types to persuade people to join in and spend), the product has to be offered at the higher price for a specified period prior to the discount being applied. So I fear we have to say that SimSig has never had a sale, just discounts (which don't really count at all, of course).
[/pedant]
(Perhaps I should also say [/Monty Python] )

A SimSig Sale? 28/11/2014 at 09:20 #65846
lazzer
600 posts
It's good to see that this "Black Friday" rubbish hasn't got into SimSig.
The following user said thank you: Forest Pines
A SimSig Sale? 28/11/2014 at 09:41 #65848
Peter Bennet
5355 posts
" said:
" said:

Peter

[pedant]
I have an idea that, to qualify as a 'sale' (rather than as a mere 'discount', which is of course not at all the same thing and MUCH harder for the overpaid marketing types to persuade people to join in and spend), the product has to be offered at the higher price for a specified period prior to the discount being applied. So I fear we have to say that SimSig has never had a sale, just discounts (which don't really count at all, of course).
[/pedant]
(Perhaps I should also say [/Monty Python] )
Thanks, that's pretty much what I suspected but did not have the time to research the technicalities of.

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
A SimSig Sale? 28/11/2014 at 18:15 #65861
GeoffM
6274 posts
" said:
" said:
" said:
apart from steam's December Sale, Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
There was a product on Steam that was heavily reduced, and only a few weeks old. The developers complained as they hadn't agreed to a deep discount as it didn't cover their costs, and now they're asking for people who bought it at the discounted price to pay full price - though they can only ask nicely as the purchase was completed and effectively binding.

Anyway, I did do a sale on something some time ago. It didn't go down well with those that had recently bought it at the full price. Can't please everybody.

SimSig Boss
A SimSig Sale? 28/11/2014 at 22:20 #65865
clive
2736 posts
" said:
[pedant]
I have an idea that, to qualify as a 'sale' (rather than as a mere 'discount', which is of course not at all the same thing and MUCH harder for the overpaid marketing types to persuade people to join in and spend), the product has to be offered at the higher price for a specified period prior to the discount being applied.
As far as I know, the word "sale" has no legal restrictions in this context.

To market something with the word "reduced", it must have been on sale at the higher price in the same store, or at a store named on a prominent sign. Unless stated otherwise on a prominent sign, the higher price must have applied for at least 28 consecutive days in the last 6 months at that store.

I suspect that's what you were thinking of.

A SimSig Sale? 29/11/2014 at 12:04 #65871
Trainfan344
262 posts
Was worth a shot then, Are there any demo's of the Paid sims?
A SimSig Sale? 29/11/2014 at 12:33 #65872
Dick
384 posts
All the paid sims have a short demo period. Just download and run them as normal, they just stop running when the demo period expires.
A SimSig Sale? 29/11/2014 at 22:40 #65892
belly buster
368 posts
" said:
All the paid sims have a short demo period. Just download and run them as normal, they just stop running when the demo period expires.
Just downloaded north east scotland and I can't seem to get a trial/demo.

A SimSig Sale? 29/11/2014 at 22:51 #65894
sloppyjag
480 posts
Unfortunately the .exe sims which are payware (Cowlairs, CScot, Edinburgh and NEScot) do not allow for a trial/demo period.
Planotransitophobic!