Message Window title bar

You are here: Home > Forum > General > General questions, comments, and issues > Message Window title bar

Page 1 of 1

Message Window title bar 31/03/2015 at 17:34 #70582
KymriskaDraken
963 posts
I have just noticed that if the Message Window is set to not have a title bar, and "Stay on top" is clicked, the window gets its title bar back. However, when it's closed and reopened the title bar has gone again. I've tried this with a few loader sims and the behaviour is consistent.

I think that this might be an issue with Windows 8.1 as I am fairly certain that it never happened to me when I had my old computer with Windows 7.

Kev

Message Window title bar 31/03/2015 at 18:02 #70585
Mattyq
259 posts
Hi Kev. I'm running Windows 7 and that issue does not occur for me.

Cheers.

Not fat ..... fluffy!! (G Iglesias)
Message Window title bar 31/03/2015 at 18:43 #70586
KymriskaDraken
963 posts
" said:
Hi Kev. I'm running Windows 7 and that issue does not occur for me.

Cheers.
Just as I suspected then. Some problem between SimSig and Win 8

Kev

Message Window title bar 31/03/2015 at 21:33 #70593
BarryM
2158 posts
Hi Kev,

I'm confused! (nothing unusual for me)I have Windows 8.1, but I cannot figure out how you set the Message Window not to have a Title Bar? Are you referring to the "Send Messages" window?

Barry

Barry, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Message Window title bar 31/03/2015 at 23:00 #70595
postal
5189 posts
" said:
Hi Kev,

I'm confused! (nothing unusual for me)I have Windows 8.1, but I cannot figure out how you set the Message Window not to have a Title Bar? Are you referring to the "Send Messages" window?

Barry
F3 - Display

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
The following user said thank you: BarryM
Message Window title bar 31/03/2015 at 23:01 #70596
headshot119
4869 posts
" said:
I have just noticed that if the Message Window is set to not have a title bar, and "Stay on top" is clicked, the window gets its title bar back. However, when it's closed and reopened the title bar has gone again. I've tried this with a few loader sims and the behaviour is consistent.

I think that this might be an issue with Windows 8.1 as I am fairly certain that it never happened to me when I had my old computer with Windows 7.

Kev
I can reproduce this on Windows 7, and 8.1. Mantis 12730 applies.

" said:
Hi Kev,

Barry
Bazz, F3, Display, tick "Hide Message Window Title Bar"

"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
The following user said thank you: BarryM
Message Window title bar 01/04/2015 at 05:08 #70603
BarryM
2158 posts
Thank you. I had never noticed it in F3.

Barry

Barry, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia