Upcoming Games

No games to display

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Updating Sigsim Loader

You are here: Home > Forum > General > General questions, comments, and issues > Updating Sigsim Loader

Page 1 of 1

Updating Sigsim Loader 05/02/2016 at 19:00 #80415
kreader
38 posts
Having purchased the new Egde Hill and Huyton sims I tried to update my Simsig Loader. After pressing "next" on the screen showing all the updates available I get a box labelled Simsigrefresher showing "I/O error 1784". Any help appreciated.
Updating Sigsim Loader 05/02/2016 at 19:09 #80416
GeoffM
6282 posts
Do you have administrative permissions for the PC?

DId you install SimSig to the default location or did you select a custom folder?

SimSig Boss
Updating Sigsim Loader 05/02/2016 at 19:22 #80419
kreader
38 posts
I presume that I have admistration permissions as I am the sole user. Never had any problems with this to date.
Simsig is installed in the default location Disk C

Updating Sigsim Loader 07/02/2016 at 10:05 #80444
MojoUK
18 posts
I've currently got V4.5.8, & now I'm getting a small box coming up when I click on check for updates, 'Error creating process: 11'. Suggestions, advice etc. please.
Updating Sigsim Loader 12/02/2016 at 18:48 #80621
kreader
38 posts
Further to my request for help above. There has been limited response so I decided that I would uninstall the Loader program and re-install it to see if it solved my problem. However when I went onto the control panel it is not listed in the programs under the Simsig heading. In fact I could not find it anywhere at this location. How do I get rid of it?
Updating Sigsim Loader 12/02/2016 at 18:57 #80623
Steamer
3921 posts
" said:
Further to my request for help above. There has been limited response so I decided that I would uninstall the Loader program and re-install it to see if it solved my problem. However when I went onto the control panel it is not listed in the programs under the Simsig heading. In fact I could not find it anywhere at this location. How do I get rid of it?
In 'Add or remove programs' it should be named "SimSig Vx", where x is the version number of the Loader you initially installed.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Updating Sigsim Loader 12/02/2016 at 20:08 #80626
GeoffM
6282 posts
" said:
I've currently got V4.5.8, & now I'm getting a small box coming up when I click on check for updates, 'Error creating process: 11'. Suggestions, advice etc. please.
That error code is "ERROR_BAD_FORMAT: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."

In both your case and kreader's case, I would try opening Explorer, browsing to where SimSig is installed (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\SimSig" and running SimSigRefresher[.exe] from there and then report back.

SimSig Boss
The following user said thank you: MojoUK
Updating Sigsim Loader 13/02/2016 at 20:43 #80654
kreader
38 posts
Thanks for the response. Tried running the refresher.exe and had the same error message.
Updating Sigsim Loader 15/02/2016 at 11:09 #80691
MojoUK
18 posts
" said:
" said:
That error code is "ERROR_BAD_FORMAT: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."

In both your case and kreader's case, I would try opening Explorer, browsing to where SimSig is installed (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\SimSig" and running SimSigRefresher[.exe] from there and then report back.
I re-downloaded & re-installed the system files, done it's usual update to latest version, & touchwood it's cured the problem, so far it's working ok. It does come up with this though:

*** Do not install simulations into the Program Files directory ***
Finished installing simulations.
*** Do not install simulations into the Program Files directory ***
Finished updating files.
Press Next to continue.

That's after getting the first screen giving you the option to download the new sims available. Like I said, everything runs ok after clicking next after the update confirmation.

Updating Sigsim Loader 18/02/2016 at 19:32 #80761
kreader
38 posts
Thanks MojoUK solved my problem as well
Updating Sigsim Loader 18/02/2016 at 21:29 #80765
GeoffM
6282 posts
Thanks for the feedback both of you. Sorry we didn't suggest that idea.
SimSig Boss
The following user said thank you: MojoUK
Updating Sigsim Loader 19/02/2016 at 11:14 #80774
MojoUK
18 posts
" said:
Thanks for the feedback both of you. Sorry we didn't suggest that idea.

No problemo, glad to be of assistance.

Updating Sigsim Loader 19/02/2016 at 18:41 #80777
kreader
38 posts
Yes I am now getting stuck into Edge Hill after the problems. Another great challenge. Many thanks to the author.