Upcoming Games

No games to display

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Unable to save timetable edits

You are here: Home > Forum > General > General questions, comments, and issues > Unable to save timetable edits

Page 1 of 1

Unable to save timetable edits 29/06/2016 at 06:29 #83281
torets
14 posts
Hi, I'm having an issue with editing timetables on version 4.5.11 of the Loader. The problem is present on all loader sims. I've done a "Check for updates" and the problem is still there.

I open a train's timetable (either with F4 or by choosing "Edit timetable" in the train list), then select a location and choose "Edit". The "Timetable Trip Editor" box opens, but curiously, the departure and arrival times are missing, even though they are present when viewing the "Location List". Further, after making changes, nothing at all happens when clicking the "Ok" button - the Timetable Trip Editor just stays open. This happens even if I fill in the missing arrival and departure times with the correct times.

I've attached two screenshots from the Huddersfield sim: the first is the Location List for the train I'm trying to edit, the second shows how the Timetable Trip Editor box looks like when I click Edit.

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Unable to save timetable edits 29/06/2016 at 20:21 #83294
Steamer
3913 posts
That's odd. Could you tell us what Operating System you're using on your computer?
"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Unable to save timetable edits 30/06/2016 at 08:33 #83304
torets
14 posts
I'm running Windows 10 (Norwegian language edition), version 1511, OS build 10586.420.

This is a new computer that I haven't used to run any prior versions of the SimSig loader. The only thing different from a completely standard setup is that I have changed the folder options in SimSig's settings to use a different folder for simulations and timetables (D:\SimSig instead of the default which is C:\Users\Public\Documents\SimSig). Everything else works fine, it's just editing of timetables that doesn't work as expected.

Last edited: 30/06/2016 at 08:35 by torets
Unable to save timetable edits 30/06/2016 at 18:47 #83313
GeoffM
6274 posts
I'm watching this thread but have never heard of this happening before so am at a loss for anything to suggest.
SimSig Boss
Unable to save timetable edits 01/07/2016 at 18:41 #83321
Lardybiker
771 posts
I think the D:\ drive is a red herring as this problem doesn't look like something to do with access to files. It looks more like like an internal data conversion issue.

This reminds me of issues I've had with software I've written that was used internationally and it was found the problem was due to different international settings between Windows releases in different countries.

Given only the times appear to be affected I wonder if the Windows date/time settings in Norwegian version are having some affect here and SimSig is trying to do some sort of conversion on the time fields and for some reason can't?

I may be be way off base as I don't know how SimSig is dealing with date/times internally but given the only difference between what we know works and this case appears to be the specific version of Windows being run (aka a Norwegian version), to me, it would seem time conversions would be a logical place to start.

The following users said thank you: GeoffM, torets
Unable to save timetable edits 01/07/2016 at 21:51 #83330
torets
14 posts
Thanks, Lardybiker - your post gave the clue that helped me solve the problem!

Specifically, my Windows setup was set to use Norwegian date and time settings, which use a period to separate hours, minutes and seconds instead of a colon, as is used in the UK. I changed my time settings to use a colon as separator character, and now timetable editing works fine.

The following users said thank you: headshot119, JamesN
Unable to save timetable edits 02/07/2016 at 12:27 #83347
Lardybiker
771 posts
Cool. Glad to be of help.