Upcoming Games

(UTC times)

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Sticky Notes

You are here: Home > Forum > General > General questions, comments, and issues > Sticky Notes

Page 1 of 1

Sticky Notes 27/08/2016 at 10:05 #84303
MarkC
1089 posts
I have noticed with the release of the new loader that sticky notes is now an issue

when I right click in the sim the menu option for it is still there but NO dialoge box appears and the sim essentially becomes unplayable as the sim treats it as open and with no way to close the missing box.

I have tried this on a couple of sims with the same result.

This happened to me last night playing tyneside in multi-player and I had to ask host to disconnect me and I then had to force SimSig to close, and has happened to me playing solo today where after using sticky notes had to force SimSig to close.

---------------------
mods/staff
If this is not the correct place in the forums I apologise but not sure were it would go otherwise

Last edited: 27/08/2016 at 12:06 by MarkC
Sticky Notes 27/08/2016 at 10:31 #84304
BarryM
2158 posts
Interesting! I checked Sticky Notes on Tyneside and it function correctly.

Suggest you reload the Loader.

Barry

Barry, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Sticky Notes 27/08/2016 at 10:33 #84305
MarkC
1089 posts
I have reinstalled system files, and it still happens the only sims of mine it doesn't appear to be affected are paged or scrolly that doesn't need the loader (ie:euston)
Sticky Notes 27/08/2016 at 10:46 #84308
northroad
870 posts
Mark,
I have just tried this and am afraid to say I have no problem getting the sticky to function correctly just the same as Barry. Sorry if I sound as though I am preaching to you but I take it that you are right clicking on the sim black background and not on the headcode of a train. You can then move the sticky to where ever you want it.

Sticky Notes 27/08/2016 at 10:58 #84309
MarkC
1089 posts
I have used sticky notes plenty.

I found the issue eventually it was the sticky note positioning settings in the registry, it had it set for off screen had to uninstall then go though registry delete them then reinstall and update works again now

Thanks all

Last edited: 27/08/2016 at 10:58 by MarkC
The following user said thank you: northroad
Sticky Notes 27/08/2016 at 11:35 #84310
Sacro
1171 posts
Any idea what the registry key was and what you changed it from / to? Then perhaps the devs can look into 'sanity checking' it on load.
Sticky Notes 27/08/2016 at 11:41 #84311
MarkC
1089 posts
" said:
Any idea what the registry key was and what you changed it from / to? Then perhaps the devs can look into 'sanity checking' it on load.
I no longer have the keys they were when the issue occured, but only now have the refreshed keys from the default install.

If the devs' would like them I would be happy to e-mail it to them, if they send me PM with an e-mail address to send to

Sticky Notes 27/08/2016 at 19:14 #84322
GeoffM
6282 posts
There are 6 registry keys associated with sticky notes - last used foreground, background, X, Y, width, and height. The X/Y are checked to ensure they're in screen bounds. So if Windows/your video device driver incorrectly reports the screen size then it could go off-screen.

Finally, the sticky notes code hasn't changed since 3rd February, a few versions ago.

SimSig Boss
The following user said thank you: MarkC
Sticky Notes 04/03/2017 at 09:15 #93483
pebbens
20 posts
I had the same problem. What I had to do to fix it...

1. ALT-TAB to the right window if it's not already selected (not that you can see it!)
2. Press Left ALT then down arrow twice (or pressing M should have same effect)
3. Press left/right arrows on keyboard and the window should appear somewhere