Upcoming Games

No games to display

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

ARS Error

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > York North/South > ARS Error

Page 1 of 1

ARS Error 30/05/2016 at 09:49 #82745
ajax103
1104 posts
Not sure if anyone else has encountered this but at the moment I am running the 2016 TT (Non Ferrybridge one) and I have 5A55 at Signal 232 advising me "5A55 delayed at York due to a technical fault, expected to depart at about 00:20" so I advise the driver I am putting the signal back as it would delay 1E31 if I didn't.

I then collar the signal to make sure that neither the ARS or myself sets the route until the driver confirms the fault has been resolved which is good practice in my view, when I click on the train to make it ARS again for some reason and it hasn't been told to reverse at all, the ARS sets a route from Signal 221 to Signal 301 and onto Signal 305 which is more or less a route behind the train in question.

Surely the ARS should only set a route for a train in the forward position unless it gets told to reverse?

I have attached the saved file for the more experienced users to have fun to resolve this.

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
ARS Error 30/05/2016 at 10:09 #82746
jc92
3629 posts
ARS doesnt route on the trains actual facing, it routes on its planned timetable. Even if you reversed it, this behaviour shouldn't occur
"We don't stop camborne wednesdays"
ARS Error 30/05/2016 at 10:43 #82748
ajax103
1104 posts
" said:
ARS doesnt route on the trains actual facing, it routes on its planned timetable. Even if you reversed it, this behaviour shouldn't occur
SO why does it happen? The booked route is to reverse in the Holgate Loop just south of the station then into Platform 1.