Upcoming Games

(UTC times)

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Who's Online

Tyneside Q&A and issues

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Tyneside IECC > Tyneside Q&A and issues

Page 1 of 5

Tyneside Bugs 26/08/2016 at 11:48 #84260
Danny252
1461 posts
When the route is set from North Road to Heighington, points H30 are correctly locked normal (whether by interlocking or signalman!). However, after a train has come to a stand at H38, the locking on H30 does not release, even after the overlap is shown to release on the IECC side. This makes getting a train into the Hitachi depot rather difficult, as there is no way to timetable a train reverse behind H38 into the siding (hence avoiding locking up H30).

Additionally, setting North Road-Heighington with H30 reverse magically forces H30 to Normal - despite the lever still being reverse!

Last edited: 26/08/2016 at 14:11 by Danny252
Heighington Points 30 26/08/2016 at 12:22 #84263
headshot119
4869 posts
Have run some testing and have confirmed the two issues. Mantis 15621 applies.
"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Tyneside Bugs 26/08/2016 at 14:17 #84266
Danny252
1461 posts
When a down train is signalled normally on the Up Main between Ouston and Birtley Jn, the occupation of TC TYBX forces "****" to be interposed at signal 272. This should presumably be suppressed for wrong-direction running. A couple of other nearby sections I tested work as expected.

(I changed the topic title to cover all the little bugs that people will inevitably find, rather than spamming a new topic for each!)

Tyneside Bugs 26/08/2016 at 14:23 #84267
headshot119
4869 posts
Have confirmed the issue. Mantis 15621 applies. Mantis 15625 applies.
"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Tyneside Bugs 26/08/2016 at 16:18 #84272
MarkC
1089 posts
Just been playing tyneside, and noticed a possible issue.

when trains enter at Dn Main Northallerton the track circuit for the up and down and the facing points are ALL occupied

Not sure if happens when train is one the Up Main Northallerton going out of area yet as I only caught a glimps of the issue when 6S24 was entering so I quickly added a train into sim to enter to check if that was the case and it appears so.

If I see the same on train leaving will update post

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Tyneside Q&A and issues 26/08/2016 at 16:34 #84275
GeoffM
6281 posts
" said:

when trains enter at Dn Main Northallerton the track circuit for the up and down and the facing points are ALL occupied
Though I never managed to see this at Tyneside IECC, the screen data points to this being correct, if somewhat odd. My contacts are on holiday otherwise I'd check now.

SimSig Boss
Tyneside Q&A and issues 26/08/2016 at 16:42 #84276
MarkC
1089 posts
" said:
" said:

Though I never managed to see this at Tyneside IECC, the screen data points to this being correct, if somewhat odd. My contacts are on holiday otherwise I'd check now.
On a further note to this when a train exits on the up Main Northallerton the last TC occupied is shown in the green box of Picture below

Last edited: 26/08/2016 at 16:43 by MarkC
Tyneside Bugs 26/08/2016 at 17:12 #84277
Steamer
3920 posts
Couple of questions:

1) Is the yellow board on the Forth Branch representing a fixed distant? I can't find a mention in the manual.
2) What's the purpose of the slot on the siding at Blaydon? I'd assumed it's to allow the signaller there to 'block back' to let a train out of the siding, but it isn't interlocked with the route from 267 to B35.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Tyneside Bugs 26/08/2016 at 17:43 #84278
GeoffM
6281 posts
" said:
On a further note to this when a train exits on the up Main Northallerton the last TC occupied is shown in the green box of Picture below
Yes.

" said:
Couple of questions:

1) Is the yellow board on the Forth Branch representing a fixed distant? I can't find a mention in the manual.
2) What's the purpose of the slot on the siding at Blaydon? I'd assumed it's to allow the signaller there to 'block back' to let a train out of the siding, but it isn't interlocked with the route from 267 to B35.
1. Fixed distant board.

2. Slot is to allow Blaydon to set a route from the siding to signal 5482. I'll add it to the manual.

SimSig Boss
Tyneside Bugs 26/08/2016 at 19:32 #84282
Steamer
3920 posts
" said:
2. Slot is to allow Blaydon to set a route from the siding to signal 5482. I'll add it to the manual.
Thanks. Is the lack of interlocking between the slot and routes from 261 and 267 prototypical?

Incidentally- why does Teeside Airport have an ACI control?

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Tyneside Bugs 26/08/2016 at 19:42 #84283
GeoffM
6281 posts
" said:
Is the lack of interlocking between the slot and routes from 261 and 267 prototypical?
I need to check that.

" said:
Pass! The IECC has it there so I dutifully put it in the sim. Maybe there was an intention for trains to change headcode there. Manors too.

SimSig Boss
The following user said thank you: Steamer
Tyneside Bugs 26/08/2016 at 20:29 #84284
northroad
870 posts
" said:
Pass! The IECC has it there so I dutifully put it in the sim. Maybe there was an intention for trains to change headcode there. Manors too.[/quote]

Just a thought on this one and it could explain this.
Between Dinsdale and Tees-side Airport there was a link between the Dow Mac concrete sleeper works which did come onto the branch line at Oak Tree Junction. Services did start from there and this could explain it as the new service that started there came onto the board the code was automatically inserted. This short stretch of track was part of the original Darlington and Stockton or Stockton and Darlington depending on where you lived.
Similarly there was the sidings of Albright and Wilson Chemical works (With it's large mound of Sulphur clearly visible and next to the line) and also the MOD admiralty supplies depot sidings that came in just after what was Urlay Nook between Tees-side Airport and Allens West. There was passing loops here as well and I do remember seeing these being used.
I do believe that all of these sidings if not operational where still in place at the time of Tyneside inception and this may be why they are there. Excuse me if I am wrong.

One thing I have noticed on this branch is that at Tees-Side Airport similar to the Edinburgh Simulation there is a trip wire at the end of the runway. This if tripped automatically replaces UN959 and UN960 to danger. With this being the overlap between various signalling controls though it might have been difficult to actually put in

Last edited: 26/08/2016 at 20:30 by northroad
Tyneside Bugs 26/08/2016 at 20:36 #84287
GeoffM
6281 posts
" said:
One thing I have noticed on this branch is that at Tees-Side Airport similar to the Edinburgh Simulation there is a trip wire at the end of the runway. This if tripped automatically replaces UN959 and UN960 to danger. With this being the overlap between various signalling controls though it might have been difficult to actually put in
Thanks for the explanation. Regarding the tripwire, you're right - it's on the scheme plan (with the ominous words "when hit"), but it's not shown on the IECC screens.

http://photos.signalling.org/picture?/3770/category/300-signal_box

SimSig Boss
Tyneside Bugs 27/08/2016 at 15:50 #84317
Steamer
3920 posts
Is the TC on the approach to H35 supposed to extend all the way to the signal? I replaced 35 as soon as the TC cleared and got a call a few minutes later from the train waiting at signal 35. Strangely, no ACOA was reported.
Last edited: 27/08/2016 at 15:51 by Steamer
Tyneside Bugs 27/08/2016 at 17:02 #84318
MarkC
1089 posts
I have metro train stopped at East Boldon but the train is showing as stopped over the level crossing

hope attachments help

Tyneside Bugs 27/08/2016 at 19:01 #84320
Stephen Fulcher
2023 posts
This one has been reported on bug tracker previously by AndrewG. #15619
Tyneside Bugs 27/08/2016 at 19:08 #84321
MarkC
1089 posts
" said:
This one has been reported on bug tracker previously by AndrewG. #15619
I have not seen this one reported in the forums, so I was unaware that it had been reported

Tyneside Bugs 27/08/2016 at 19:19 #84323
Stephen Fulcher
2023 posts
He wouldn't have put it on the forum as he has the appropriate bug tracker access, you were right to report it on here.
repeat of ACOA bug 27/08/2016 at 20:07 #84327
tjfrancis
358 posts
got a repeat of bug 0014488 got a train over 10 mints when signal get replaced it ACOA
I am dyslexic so please consider this when reading my posts
Tyneside Bugs 27/08/2016 at 20:23 #84328
ajax103
1104 posts
I've got 6E99 in Newcastle at the moment for a crew change now I'm confused...

If you click on the train itself which brings up the stopping pattern, it clearly states Platform 8 for the crew change to take place however the Train List states the same train is in Platform 7 doing the crew change.

So as the train is stopped at signal 486, surely that means it's in Platform 8?

Just wondered if the platforms were done in such a way that Platform 8 was southbound and Platform 7 was northbound, just want to check why I see this.

Apart from that, It's a simulation I never thought would see the light of day so many many many many many thanks to the team for making this possible.

repeat of ACOA bug 27/08/2016 at 20:47 #84329
headshot119
4869 posts
" said:
got a repeat of bug 0014488 got a train over 10 mints when signal get replaced it ACOA
In understandable terms please?

repeat of ACOA bug 27/08/2016 at 21:04 #84330
tjfrancis
358 posts
had a fright train doing a crew change in Newcastle i pulled the signal because i had a anouther fright going though and he was not booked to stop. he was not due to depart for about 20 mints a msg come up say that driver of the 6E93 has received a advest change of aspect i should not be getting this msg as it 20 mints before his dep time
I am dyslexic so please consider this when reading my posts
Last edited: 27/08/2016 at 21:05 by tjfrancis
repeat of ACOA bug 27/08/2016 at 21:07 #84331
Steamer
3920 posts
" said:
had a fright train doing a crew change in Newcastle i pulled the signal because i had a anouther fright going though and he was not booked to stop. he was not due to depart for about 20 mints a msg come up say that driver of the 6E93 has received a advest change of aspect i should not be getting this msg as it 20 mints before his dep time
Do you know what the expected departure time of the freight was (shown in F2 or reported by phone call?)

repeat of ACOA bug 27/08/2016 at 21:12 #84332
headshot119
4869 posts
" said:
Pending your reply to Steamer I have reopened Mantis 14488 for investigation.

repeat of ACOA bug 27/08/2016 at 21:22 #84333
GeoffM
6281 posts
" said:
" said:
Do you know what the expected departure time of the freight was (shown in F2 or reported by phone call?)
Yes, the expected departure time is the relevant one, not the scheduled time. You (Tony) also say doing a crew change so would that not mean the crew was there?

SimSig Boss