Upcoming Games

No games to display

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

London Bridge Signalling Centre March 1991.

You are here: Home > Forum > Miscellaneous > The real thing (signalling) > London Bridge Signalling Centre March 1991.

Page 1 of 1

London Bridge Signalling Centre March 1991. 28/11/2015 at 08:41 #78211
ozrail
197 posts
Abridged version.

https://youtu.be/i7D6wWrleq0

The following users said thank you: LMK, Giantray
London Bridge Signalling Centre March 1991. 28/11/2015 at 10:24 #78213
Giantray
330 posts
Thank you for the memory.

January 1991 was when I first took up residence at London Bridge ASC. How it has change from what you see in that video. The Central side is just a "Pin Board" now. It has become a WestCad workstation in Three Bridges ROC. This Christmas, Panel 1( Charing Cross) will migrate to the ROC too, followed by Panel 2 (Cannon Street) in August next year.

After 25 years at London Bridge ASC I am 'migrating' with Panel 1 to Three Bridges ROC. 25 years may seem a long time in one location, however, London Bridge ASC is one big team of Signallers who work together and enjoy their work and everyday is different. Working somewhere as busy as London Bridge ASC, you soon realise that trying to get a 'right time' railway is an impossibility with all the daily faults, failures and events out of the railway's hands. The lines run at 120% capacity, so there is not a lot of margin to make up time. But the Signallers at London Bridge ASC, daily do their best to get trains in within the Public Performance Figures(PPM). I shall miss the working environment of a big ASC, soon to be a thing of a past with as all the ROCs come online.

There was a London Bridge SimSig in production. It would be nice to see that revived and published as it would be a fitting memory to a superb, very flexible signalling layout that British Railways & Westinghouse Signals designed and produced. The layout has been(will be) drastically altered at London Bridge and on the approaches.

Retired Professional Railwayman (1981-2023); Pway & S&T (1981-88); Former Signalman/Signaller/ Signalling Trainer (1989-2023) [AB, TCB, Mechanical, NX, WestCad, Hitachi SARS]; Railway Historian (esp.SER, LCDR); Member of The Permanent Way Institution..
The following users said thank you: flabberdacks, TimTamToe, BarryM
London Bridge Signalling Centre March 1991. 28/11/2015 at 13:58 #78217
TimTamToe
654 posts
" said:
Thank you for the memory.

January 1991 was when I first took up residence at London Bridge ASC. How it has change from what you see in that video. The Central side is just a "Pin Board" now. It has become a WestCad workstation in Three Bridges ROC. This Christmas, Panel 1( Charing Cross) will migrate to the ROC too, followed by Panel 2 (Cannon Street) in August next year.

After 25 years at London Bridge ASC I am 'migrating' with Panel 1 to Three Bridges ROC. 25 years may seem a long time in one location, however, London Bridge ASC is one big team of Signallers who work together and enjoy their work and everyday is different. Working somewhere as busy as London Bridge ASC, you soon realise that trying to get a 'right time' railway is an impossibility with all the daily faults, failures and events out of the railway's hands. The lines run at 120% capacity, so there is not a lot of margin to make up time. But the Signallers at London Bridge ASC, daily do their best to get trains in within the Public Performance Figures(PPM). I shall miss the working environment of a big ASC, soon to be a thing of a past with as all the ROCs come online.

There was a London Bridge SimSig in production. It would be nice to see that revived and published as it would be a fitting memory to a superb, very flexible signalling layout that British Railways & Westinghouse Signals designed and produced. The layout has been(will be) drastically altered at London Bridge and on the approaches.
The timetable planners haven't done you many favours this year either!

Gareth

The following user said thank you: Giantray
London Bridge Signalling Centre March 1991. 28/11/2015 at 15:19 #78218
DaveHarries
1266 posts
Hope this crops up on SimSig sometime.

Dave

London Bridge Signalling Centre March 1991. 28/11/2015 at 15:35 #78219
LMK
133 posts
" said:
Hope this crops up on SimSig sometime.