Upcoming Games

(UTC times)

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

TS2 Train Signalling Simulator

You are here: Home > Forum > Miscellaneous > Open mic (non-railway) > TS2 Train Signalling Simulator

Page 1 of 1

TS2 Train Signalling Simulator 21/11/2014 at 21:24 #65703
CTCThiago
232 posts
Hello All,

I done some research on google and find this (early-stage) Signalling Simulator, if you guys want to take a look. I don't know who is the developer of this software, but is freeware and very simple (no much functions), it comes with an editor to build your own sim.

Click Here

Cheers,
Thiago.

TS2 Train Signalling Simulator 21/11/2014 at 21:40 #65705
madaboutrains
307 posts
It looks like a copy of Liverpool street sim
RIP Feltham Panel 1
TS2 Train Signalling Simulator 21/11/2014 at 22:35 #65706
CTCThiago
232 posts
It is very close to Liv. St of the SimSig, it says on the description, based on Simsig Simulation Liv St.

Me and some friends from the railway liked the design, we'll create some Sims (Signal Boxes), shame that don't have approach locking yet. Very interesting one.

Thiago.

TS2 Train Signalling Simulator 21/11/2014 at 22:57 #65708
Steamer
3920 posts
" said:
It is very close to Liv. St of the SimSig, it says on the description, based on Simsig Simulation Liv St.
Are Geoff and Co. aware of this? Sounds like a copyright issue...

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
TS2 Train Signalling Simulator 21/11/2014 at 23:02 #65709
Muzer
718 posts
Although I disagree with the idea of copying sims directly like this given the hard work that was put in, given I highly doubt any code was copied, I'm not convinced there would be any copyright issue. I'm not a lawyer, of course, though. All that has been copied are facts (ie about the layout of Liverpool Street), which I don't believe are copyrightable.
Last edited: 21/11/2014 at 23:03 by Muzer
TS2 Train Signalling Simulator 21/11/2014 at 23:17 #65710
Steamer
3920 posts
" said:
Although I disagree with the idea of copying sims directly like this given the hard work that was put in, given I highly doubt any code was copied, I'm not convinced there would be any copyright issue. I'm not a lawyer, of course, though. All that has been copied are facts (ie about the layout of Liverpool Street), which I don't believe are copyrightable.
It does sound like a breach of Section 1.2 of the License Agreement though:

Quote:
b) except expressly permitted by this Agreement and save to the extent and in the circumstances expressly required to be permitted by law, to rent, lease, sub-license, loan. copy, modify, adapt, merge, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Software or its associated documentation or use, reproduce or deal in the Software or any part of it in any way
(my emphasis)

I'm not a lawyer either though, so I'll leave it at that. Hopefully Geoff or a mod will clarify the situation.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Last edited: 21/11/2014 at 23:17 by Steamer
TS2 Train Signalling Simulator 22/11/2014 at 00:02 #65711
GeoffM
6280 posts
Where does it say "based on SimSig"? If they do derive their information from SimSig then perhaps we need to put in deliberate errors like on maps

Imitation is a form of flattery I guess. Good luck to them if they manage to progress it to a realistic and playable level.

SimSig Boss
TS2 Train Signalling Simulator 22/11/2014 at 00:28 #65712
Muzer
718 posts
Indeed - I think the intent of the project as a whole - to create an open-source extensible signalling simulator - is a good one. Just a little shame they've left a bit of a sour taste by (what appears to be) copying two SimSig sims for the example data.
The following user said thank you: CTCThiago
TS2 Train Signalling Simulator 22/11/2014 at 04:45 #65716
CTCThiago
232 posts
" said:
Where does it say "based on SimSig"? If they do derive their information from SimSig then perhaps we need to put in deliberate errors like on maps

Imitation is a form of flattery I guess. Good luck to them if they manage to progress it to a realistic and playable level.
Just to clarify the incident:

1st: This is the message on the software TS2 Liv. St:

2nd: Not here to compare this software to SimSig or trying to cause this bad feeling on the group, i just created the post to share this new simulator, as i've done with Metrosim earlier, but i think it's better to stop sharing another simulators here on Simsig website (forum).

3rd: Hope you guys don't take it as a bad intention of my part.

Regards,
Thiago.

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
TS2 Train Signalling Simulator 22/11/2014 at 17:14 #65721
Muzer
718 posts
No, I'm glad you posted it - I will have a look when I get a bit more free time, it'd be nice to work on this sort of code. I know you weren't trying to stir anything up!
TS2 Train Signalling Simulator 22/11/2014 at 17:42 #65722
GeoffM
6280 posts
" said:
" said:

Just to clarify the incident:

1st: This is the message on the software TS2 Liv. St:
Ah, thanks. My name in lights! :blush:

SimSig Boss