Upcoming Games

No games to display

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

what sim next to buy then

You are here: Home > Forum > Miscellaneous > The real thing (anything else rail-oriented) > what sim next to buy then

Page 1 of 1

what sim next to buy then 23/07/2016 at 18:15 #83761
slatteryc
246 posts
Marylebone without ARS , KX , West Hampstead have all been fun. Motherwell is lovely too. Vic East and Cen are fun too

I find Wembley somewhat easier but looking for a single sim that is hard to keep up with - no ARS please.

Of the recent ones does any match up - LTS /Leeds/York

So whats fun

Ta

C.

what sim next to buy then 23/07/2016 at 18:21 #83763
Gwasanaethau
509 posts
Of those three, the only one I’ve tried is LTS. I love it, definitely worth a try.

I particularly like Exeter too, but you might find it a little easy if you’re already taking on the large ones without ARS (I do it too, by the way, just to see if I can stop it becoming too much of a mess!)

Trent is also worth a look.

what sim next to buy then 23/07/2016 at 19:53 #83765
slatteryc
246 posts
For me Trent is the Golden age of SimSig that timetable that came with it is still amazing for freight mix, only Carlisle beats it for sheer fun

that reminds me I have a NEScot game to get back to from a long time ago

what sim next to buy then 23/07/2016 at 20:14 #83766
Splodge
698 posts
I'd agree with the above - for the same reason, Motherwell with the recently released 1980s WTT is also exceptional fun.

A shame Trent has never been updated to include the earlier layouts as a 1980s TT with all the collieries open could be chaotic fun!

There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
what sim next to buy then 24/07/2016 at 13:43 #83775
Temple Meads
307 posts
Birmingham New Street?

It's not cheap, but it will certainly keep you busy!

Username TIM in multiplayer
what sim next to buy then 24/07/2016 at 16:05 #83778
slatteryc
246 posts
I have it ta, find Saltley more fun tbh as very little freight !

BNS once you know the rhythm is not too bad

what sim next to buy then 26/07/2016 at 17:45 #83800
Cedric
42 posts
Carlisle and Euston PSB are my favourites, running on 1970s and 1980s timetables. They may not look challenging but with all the light engine moves, attaching and detaching it is incredibly easy to stitch yourself up (as it was "on the ground" in those days)! They are free SIMs too.
what sim next to buy then 26/07/2016 at 19:28 #83804
Steamer
3913 posts
" said:

I find Wembley somewhat easier but looking for a single sim that is hard to keep up with - no ARS please.
Feltham? Only played the demo myself, but even that felt hectic!

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
what sim next to buy then 26/07/2016 at 19:43 #83805
madaboutrains
307 posts
" said:
" said:

Feltham? Only played the demo myself, but even that felt hectic!
Feltham is easy! lol

RIP Feltham Panel 1
what sim next to buy then 27/07/2016 at 07:48 #83807
Dick
382 posts
" said:
Marylebone without ARS , KX , West Hampstead have all been fun. Motherwell is lovely too. Vic East and Cen are fun too

Of the recent ones does any match up - LTS /Leeds/York

So whats fun

Ta

C.
You've missed the obvious one, Wimbledon. Fairly hectic without ARS but quite manageable.