Upcoming Games

No games to display

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Favour sought for new CScot TT

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Timetables > Central Scotland > Favour sought for new CScot TT

Page 1 of 1

Favour sought for new CScot TT 27/07/2014 at 12:00 #63205
DaveHarries
1265 posts
Hi all,

I am hoping that someone can do me a huge favour for my new CScot Glasgow 2014 TT.

Because of the amount of work I have been getting from my employer I am badly behind with the creation of this TT. Added to that is the fact I am going away on Wednesday for 4 nights: by the time I return the WTT for the date I have been using will not be accessible.

I would be very grateful, therefore, if someone could write, as a separate file, the WTT for 25th July 2014 for the trains that are only running (both ways) between Glasgow Queen Street and Falkirk Grahamstown.

If I wasn't going away then I would be able to do it myself. However I still have a fair bit to do (finishing of Cumbernauld terminators, as well as the addition of any freight trains) so if someone could do the Falkirk GT - Glasgow Queen Street workings (no need to worry about the 5xxx turnbacks: I wrote those in when I started building the TT) and email me the files I would be very glad for the assistance.

For anyone wondering I currently have 343 trains - of which around 150-160 are 5xxx ECS workings - and that without having done most of the Aberdeen - Inverness shuttles, finished the Anniesland services and done the xx15 & xx45 departures from Glasgow QS to Edinburgh and their return trips!

Please PM if you can help out and I will supply an email address for the files. I will also give you the job of testing the TT while I am away!

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited: 27/07/2014 at 12:08 by DaveHarries
Favour sought for new CScot TT 27/07/2014 at 13:45 #63209
Peter Bennet
5354 posts
When you say "by the time I return the WTT for the date I have been using will not be accessible." are you referring to RealTimeTrains data? If so are you aware that OpenTrainTimes and Raildar do go back further.

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Favour sought for new CScot TT 27/07/2014 at 14:55 #63210
DaveHarries
1265 posts
No I wasn't. However I've not heard of Raildar but I use RTT due to the fact you can get the whole day on one screen and I find it easier to read.

Thought OTT only went back a week anyway? Most of the trains I am writing in are VAR or STP workings which, I believe, NR tend to take off after about a week?

Dave

Favour sought for new CScot TT 27/07/2014 at 19:52 #63217
Danny252
1461 posts
I can't even get OTT and RTT to agree on what ran less than a week ago, never mind before that! For example, RTT shows VAR trains 1G30 and 1J03, whilst OTT shows neither. Instead, OTT tries to claim that an RHTT ran in the middle of July, which RTT reports as cancelled!

Raildar seems better for representing reality, but is no use for non-passenger moves.

Last edited: 27/07/2014 at 21:09 by Danny252
Favour sought for new CScot TT 27/07/2014 at 20:59 #63221
JamesN
1570 posts
Take screenshots of the relevant data?
Favour sought for new CScot TT 28/07/2014 at 06:41 #63233
Muzer
718 posts
You can also access the data for each train for longer than a week (IIRC about a month) if you save the URLs - just not the search pages.
Favour sought for new CScot TT 28/07/2014 at 16:54 #63242
Forest Pines
525 posts
I wrote myself a screenscraper for RTT - it only took an hour or two, and means you can save details of everything you need away until you're ready to use it. Which is good in my case, because my own "in development" timetables have been in development for 9 months now!

(in case anyone from swlines is reading: I was a Nice Person and rate-limited myself to 1 GET per second)

The following user said thank you: guidomcc
Favour sought for new CScot TT 28/07/2014 at 23:07 #63257
guidomcc
246 posts
Use the browser add-on DownThemAll. You can download all the links on a page, so do this for a few key locations. Be careful with the settings on how it names the files, however, or you'll never find your way around them.
Favour sought for new CScot TT 28/07/2014 at 23:13 #63258
postal
5189 posts
" said:
Use the browser add-on DownThemAll. You can download all the links on a page, so do this for a few key locations. Be careful with the settings on how it names the files, however, or you'll never find your way around them.
Or use the Flashpeak Slimboat browser which has the capability built in.

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Favour sought for new CScot TT 29/07/2014 at 05:57 #63259
Peter Bennet
5354 posts
Just tried "DownThemAll" and I think this is what Dave wanted (hopefully). If it's not then hopefully someone who knows what they are doing can quickly run it. It took me about 10 minutes from install to work it out and get this far.

[attachment=2576]RTT.zip[/attachment]

Peter

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Last edited: 29/07/2014 at 05:59 by Peter Bennet