Derby issues / bugs / features etc

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Derby > Derby issues / bugs / features etc

Page 1 of 3

Derby issues / bugs / features etc 30/03/2015 at 21:18 #70554
Hpotter
205 posts
I shall admit now that I won't be bale to look into everything for the next week or so due to work commitments, but what gets raised will be looked into when I have some spare down time.

Please feel free to ask / report things and we shall do our best to support them.

Many thanks.

Howard.

The following user said thank you: 58050
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 31/03/2015 at 11:07 #70566
njimiller
138 posts
Minor typo - Egginton level crossing becomes 'Eggington' in sim messages.

Cheers,
Nick

Derby issues / bugs / features etc 31/03/2015 at 12:05 #70568
derbybest
274 posts
In pre 1999 mode
There is no St Marys Yard.
There is no Entry Point at Willington PS.
Route not valid from illington PS - Stenson Jcn
Route not valid Willington PS - Sheet Stores Jcn

Derby issues / bugs / features etc 31/03/2015 at 12:54 #70571
jc92
3626 posts
" said:
In pre 1999 mode
There is no Entry Point at Willington PS.
Route not valid from illington PS - Stenson Jcn
Jcn
Ive already raised this on mantis.

"We don't stop camborne wednesdays"
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 31/03/2015 at 13:06 #70573
Stephen Fulcher
2007 posts
Joe, as this is your "patch" so to speak, could you take a look at 12708 for me as you know the branch operation better than I do.
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 31/03/2015 at 20:36 #70591
Guts
584 posts
I've found a bug with P718 pts at Derby Road Jn.

I had previously sent a train from D430 to Platform 1, so they were reverse.

I then had set a route from D446 (Plat 6) - D417. I then tried to set a route from D443 - D388 using VIA2 route and it wouldn't set.

Only when I manually Normalised P718 did the route set.

Derby issues / bugs / features etc 01/04/2015 at 19:41 #70616
kreader
38 posts
How do you switch TORR on for Derby. At present running it on my own fairly quiet during early hours but I will stand no chance of keeping up later in the day. Before the loader came in it gave you the option when loading the timetable but I cannot see any way of doing it now. I surmise that you cannot change it once you have started a time table but I am hoping that there is still a way. Any help appreciated.
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 01/04/2015 at 20:06 #70617
Stephen Fulcher
2007 posts
It is in the startup options. I'm running with TORR.
Last edited: 01/04/2015 at 20:06 by Stephen Fulcher
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 01/04/2015 at 20:52 #70621
Steamer
3913 posts
" said:
How do you switch TORR on for Derby. At present running it on my own fairly quiet during early hours but I will stand no chance of keeping up later in the day. Before the loader came in it gave you the option when loading the timetable but I cannot see any way of doing it now. I surmise that you cannot change it once you have started a time table but I am hoping that there is still a way. Any help appreciated.
You can't change the setting once you've started. The tick box to enable is on the fourth page- keep pressing 'Next'.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 02/04/2015 at 00:33 #70638
Muzer
718 posts
Disclaimer: I'm not a developer, I haven't actually tried this, and this may be entirely incorrect. This may in fact not work at all. Back up your SSG before doing this!

I suspect you can probably enable TORR on an existing savegame by manually editing the savegame. Extract the .ssg (it's actually just a zip file) and modify SavedSimulation.xml. Then change the following:

* Near the top, <TORR>False</TORR> change False to True
* Some significant way down (for me line 6050, probably best to just search in your text editor for TORR) <TFLG ID="LTORR" /> change to <TFLG ID="LTORR"><State>1</State></TFLG>
* A bit further down (for me line 6919, once again probably just search for TORR) <TNSC ID="NTORR" /> change to <TNSC ID="NTORR"><Marked>True</Marked></TNSC>
* Next line: change:
<TNSC ID="NTORROFF">
<Marked>True</Marked>
</TNSC>

To: <TNSC ID="NTORROFF" />
* Next line: change <TNSC ID="NTORRON" /> to <TNSC ID="NTORRON"><Marked>True</Marked></TNSC>

Then, recompress the XML file into a zip, and rename the zip to .ssg, and see if it works.

Source: looking at my own savegames and guesswork.

If you are not comfortable with this, if you want to give the save here I'm sure someone can perform this procedure.

Derby issues / bugs / features etc 02/04/2015 at 01:52 #70640
Woodhead Signalman
64 posts
Not sure if this is an appropriate thread to post this but here goes. In the Derby Simulation Manual in the lengths section there is no mention of the length of the Chad Curve between signal 472 and signal 505 (GPL). I ask this only because both 5C90 and 5D81 are scheduled to be on the Chad Curve at the same time, and I am wondering if they will both fit?

Also 5C90 is timed to leave at 00.37 and 5D81 at 00.38 1/2, yet if 5C90 goes in at booked time of 00.30 followed by 5D81 at 00.31 1/2, 5D81 will trap 5C90 and make it 1 1/2 minutes late. Is this correct?? Thanks for what promises to be a very good simulation.

Derby issues / bugs / features etc 02/04/2015 at 04:58 #70645
Stephen Fulcher
2007 posts
Chad Curve length isn't listed in the Sectional Appendix so I can't help you there I'm afraid.

I've logged the conflict between 5C90 and 5D81 as a bug as one train cannot leapfrog another. Mantis 12818.

Derby issues / bugs / features etc 02/04/2015 at 05:39 #70646
sunocske
113 posts
It has been discussed in another thread, one of them should be signalled to the goods line for reversing. And it worked for me.
Last edited: 02/04/2015 at 05:40 by sunocske
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 02/04/2015 at 12:13 #70659
Stephen Fulcher
2007 posts
There is still a bug then as nowhere does it say that this is even possible, so even if you can send one train to each that fact needs documenting.

Especially if HSTs cannot use the Goods due to the walking routes, you need to be aware that 5D81 needs to go Chad Curve, as in reality the driver would argue if he had to put boots in the ballast on the Goods.

Derby issues / bugs / features etc 02/04/2015 at 14:13 #70664
clive
2736 posts
" said:

I suspect you can probably enable TORR on an existing savegame by manually editing the savegame.
This is a dubious approach and it can easily backfire on you.

In particular, you're changing the internal record of which options were selected without necessarily executing the startup code associated with those options. That could leave various things (sim-specific) in an inconsistent state. It certainly would with some of my sims.

And then I'm not sure what happens to a signal where you turn on TORR processing with a train half way through the release sequence. You could easily leave that signal locked up in some way.

Quote:

* Some significant way down (for me line 6050, probably best to just search in your text editor for TORR) <TFLG ID="LTORR" /> change to <TFLG ID="LTORR"><State>1</State></TFLG>
Hmm: I'm not even sure what this is used for, since NTORR should be sufficient.

Derby issues / bugs / features etc 02/04/2015 at 14:17 #70665
Muzer
718 posts
Fair enough. Hence the disclaimer at the start!

Perhaps it's used for the display in the sim itself ("TORR:ON" at the left)?

Derby issues / bugs / features etc 02/04/2015 at 16:45 #70669
GeoffM
6274 posts
" said:
" said:

Hmm: I'm not even sure what this is used for, since NTORR should be sufficient.
The flag is probably just the on-screen indication of whether TORR is on or off (the green/white text at the far left of the simulation), so I'm guessing the TORR state wouldn't actually change if this flag was altered.

Sim developers can globally have TORR on or off, and additionally alter specific signals to have TORR on or off, or to only TORR under certain conditions. Depending on what has been used would dictate the amount of work required and the method to use to change the value. As per Clive: it's dubious at best.

SimSig Boss
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 02/04/2015 at 17:39 #70674
kreader
38 posts
Switching TORR on. Thanks for your responses. Will have to start again I think.
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 02/04/2015 at 18:25 #70678
Steamer
3913 posts
" said:
Not sure if this is an appropriate thread to post this but here goes. In the Derby Simulation Manual in the lengths section there is no mention of the length of the Chad Curve between signal 472 and signal 505 (GPL).
The track circuit is 390m long, you want to knock 20m off that to account for trains stopping short of the signal/the signals not being at the end of the track circuit.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 05/04/2015 at 12:29 #70792
Slash
76 posts
6M49 appears three times, one behind the other. Save Game available.
6M51 twice.

Last edited: 05/04/2015 at 15:55 by Slash
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 06/04/2015 at 08:54 #70827
lazlo52
69 posts
In 2000 mode, running round the loco for 5D77. loco initially stops short of ground signal 473 to reverse then asks permission to proceed so points have to be locked. Once run round, loco refuses to couple with 5D77.

Just thought though, could this just be a timetable issue and not a bug?

Last edited: 06/04/2015 at 09:25 by lazlo52
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 06/04/2015 at 09:31 #70828
Stephen Fulcher
2007 posts
First point about the loco stopping in the wrong place when reversing, I reported this on Mantis when I ran through the timetable and had the following reply from Howard: "trains will need to use the Derby S.N.J xxx locations for these moves". I believe the timetable is going to be altered so that this works.

The second one I'm not yet sure about. As it stands at the moment, it won't work as you can't shunt the train down the loop to get the loco on top as it is unpowered, but the loco has not arrived at Derby so won't couple to its train. It is currently with Howard to check the sim, but I do not have a solution for you (to get round it, I abandoned the locos TT, ran it back round the other way again manually and then reinstated its TT to the last point so that it coupled to the train on the wrong end - at least it got the train together so I could get rid of it without having to remove it).

The following user said thank you: lazlo52
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 06/04/2015 at 10:44 #70830
Hpotter
205 posts
From the previous few examples that have been posted, if a train is not joining, it's 'normally' because it's not seeing the correct location that it needs to, as in the above, this is because 0D77 is not on the TC required for the join to happen.

This is gonna have to be a few tweaks to the WTT as unfortunately, the sim direction changes here on all lines, so it gets a little confused.
I'm currently in the process of going through all of these with Noel, and with an updated simulation very soon.

The following user said thank you: lazlo52
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 21/04/2015 at 09:16 #71294
maxand
1637 posts
A couple of issues:

1) The Panel Overview page states:

Quote:
The simulation is split into four panels, South, Centre, North and Moira West.
South Panel: This Panel covers from south of Derby as far as Tamworth HL, with several branch lines:
Shouldn't this be the West panel? However, in the geographical map SimSigderbymap.exe this area is unlabelled, whereas "South" appears outside it in an area outside the scope of the sim panel. "Moira West" is for some reason geographically east of the unlabelled (south?) area. Confusing.

Also there are several unexplained abbreviations, such as HL in Tamworth HL (High Level) that should really appear in the Wiki as well.

2) Just starting to play the 2009 release TT, right at the start of the midnight TT (00:00:00), seeded train 1F79 at S404 is scheduled to terminate at Derby P4 (after 5M87 departs), yet I can't see any way to set a route from s404 to P4. Obviously this involves the use of a Via button too but I've tried both, unsuccessfully. Help please.

(added) PS I was able to set a route for 5M87 from s444 to s417 without involving the lower Via button. Strange.

Last edited: 21/04/2015 at 09:27 by maxand
Derby issues / bugs / features etc 21/04/2015 at 09:21 #71295
delticfan
476 posts
" said:
A couple of issues:

1) The Panel Overview page states:

Quote:
The simulation is split into four panels, South, Centre, North and Moira West.
South Panel: This Panel covers from south of Derby as far as Tamworth HL, with several branch lines:
Shouldn't this be the West panel, from the geographical map (nice job there!) and the panel itself? Also there are too many unexplained abbreviations, such as HL in Tamworth HL (High Level) that should really appear in the Wiki as well.

2) Just starting to play the 2009 release TT, right at the start of the midnight TT (00:00:00), seeded train 1F79 at S404 is scheduled to terminate at Derby P4 (after 5M87 departs), yet I can't see any way to set a route from s404 to P4. Obviously this involves the use of a Via button too but I've tried both, unsuccessfully. Help please.

(added) PS I was able to set a route for 5M87 from s444 to s417 without involving the lower Via button. Strange.

Last edited: 21/04/2015 at 12:35 by delticfan