Upcoming Games

(UTC times)

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

signalling on Llangollen

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Llangollen > signalling on Llangollen

Page 1 of 1

signalling on Llangollen 08/04/2013 at 09:53 #43174
jwsetford
164 posts
On Llangollen sim you use it with the modern routing. but isnt the Llangollen preserved railway using levers?

Josh

signalling on Llangollen 08/04/2013 at 10:16 #43175
Steamer
3921 posts
Yes, the LR uses mechanical signalling controlled by lever frames. However, the code behind SimSig is built to simulate IECCs, so the simulation is displayed as such. The signals still behave in the way the real life semaphores do though.
"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Last edited: 08/04/2013 at 10:16 by Steamer
signalling on Llangollen 08/04/2013 at 10:51 #43176
jc92
3629 posts
" said:
Yes, the LR uses mechanical signalling controlled by lever frames. However, the code behind SimSig is built to simulate IECCs, so the simulation is displayed as such. The signals still behave in the way the real life semaphores do though.
as with central scotland, NEscot NW coast and Worksop

"We don't stop camborne wednesdays"
signalling on Llangollen 08/04/2013 at 11:27 #43177
headshot119
4869 posts
Llangollen is indeed controlled entirely by lever frames, predominantly semaphore , though Deeside is an entirely colour light installation.

Unfortunately my pleas to have it all ripped out and replaced by a trackerball always seems to fall on deaf ears.

"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
The following user said thank you: jwsetford
signalling on Llangollen 08/04/2013 at 12:27 #43178
jwsetford
164 posts
Thanks for your replies;

I was just wondering why there were only GF's at yards.

Josh

signalling on Llangollen 08/04/2013 at 15:07 #43182
Danny252
1461 posts
Cough, splutter! I shall have you know that a signal box is not one of those inferior "ground frame" things!

They usually come with a fireplace and a roof, for one.

" said:
" said:
as with central scotland, NEscot NW coast and Worksop
NLL, Sheffield and South Humbs come to mind as well, possibly a few others (certainly plenty if you count "anything which isn't an IECC"!)

Last edited: 08/04/2013 at 15:10 by Danny252
signalling on Llangollen 08/04/2013 at 16:36 #43187
KymriskaDraken
963 posts
" said:
Cough, splutter! I shall have you know that a signal box is not one of those inferior "ground frame" things!

That's how you spot a Signalbox in the winter - it's the only building with no snow on the roof.

The following user said thank you: guidomcc
signalling on Llangollen 09/04/2013 at 09:21 #43214
kbarber
1711 posts
" said:
" said:

That's how you spot a Signalbox in the winter - it's the only building with no snow on the roof.

Not if it's North Pole Junction - very few regrets when that one was abolished, coldest box I ever worked!

signalling on Llangollen 22/11/2014 at 21:04 #65729
Speedcool
7 posts
Hi I'm new to all this SimSig stuff. I downloaded the Llangollen SimSig, but for some reason I can't find a shortcut for it, so I can play the game. I have installed it, but no shortcut. I had a look in the folder it installed to and their still wasn't anyway of running the route. So can some possibly help me please?
Thank you.

signalling on Llangollen 22/11/2014 at 21:35 #65731
Steamer
3921 posts
" said:
Hi I'm new to all this SimSig stuff. I downloaded the Llangollen SimSig, but for some reason I can't find a shortcut for it, so I can play the game. I have installed it, but no shortcut. I had a look in the folder it installed to and their still wasn't anyway of running the route. So can some possibly help me please?
Thank you.
Have you installed the system files?

Llangollen is launched via the SimSig Loader. Start the Loader via the shortcut, click to start a new simulation and select Llangollen from the list.

Have you read the installation guide? It contains full instructions for downloading and installing simulations, and links to some helpful pages to get you started.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
signalling on Llangollen 23/11/2014 at 14:06 #65744
Speedcool
7 posts
" said:
" said:
Thank you.
Have you installed the system files?

Llangollen is launched via the SimSig Loader. Start the Loader via the shortcut, click to start a new simulation and select Llangollen from the list.

Have you read the installation guide? It contains full instructions for downloading and installing simulations, and links to some helpful pages to get you started.

Well I cant find any shortcut for loader or anything, I just clicked download on the Simsig site and then I cant find anyway to open/ launch the game.

signalling on Llangollen 23/11/2014 at 14:59 #65747
Steamer
3921 posts
Have you followed the installation guide linked to above? It sounds like you haven't installed the system files.
signalling on Llangollen 25/11/2014 at 16:40 #65786
Speedcool
7 posts
" said:
Have you followed the installation guide linked to above? It sounds like you haven't installed the system files.

I managed to get it working I hadn't got the System Files installed, but I have now. Thanks. However I cant seem to get the '5L01' out of Pentrefellen yard on both 'B' and 'C' timetables. Can someone help with that.

signalling on Llangollen 25/11/2014 at 16:53 #65787
welshdragon
315 posts
You need to operate the ground frame as detailed here
signalling on Llangollen 25/11/2014 at 16:55 #65788
Lardybiker
771 posts
" said:
" said:

I managed to get it working I hadn't got the System Files installed, but I have now. Thanks. However I cant seem to get the '5L01' out of Pentrefellen yard on both 'B' and 'C' timetables. Can someone help with that.
Ground frame usage is covered in the SimSig wiki and in the sims manual (which for someone new to SimSig is a must-read as it details some aspects of how the sim works).

You can also read the previous topic which asked exactly the same question here

Edit: Mark posted while I was writing my response....

Last edited: 25/11/2014 at 16:56 by Lardybiker
signalling on Llangollen 25/11/2014 at 17:50 #65790
welshdragon
315 posts
" said:
" said:
" said:

Ground frame usage is covered in the SimSig wiki and in the sims manual (which for someone new to SimSig is a must-read as it details some aspects of how the sim works).

You can also read the previous topic which asked exactly the same question here

Edit: Mark posted while I was writing my response....
Great minds think alike Lardy!