Licence problem

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Fenchurch St > Licence problem

Page 1 of 1

Licence problem 25/08/2014 at 15:02 #64108
KymriskaDraken
Avatar
893 posts
I am still having problems trying to get Fenchurch Street to behave. I keep getting an error message saying that i don't have a licence and that the sim has expired.

So far I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling the sim
Reinstalling the system files, and then updating
Deleting the common.cfg file and running the Licence Manager to re-allocate the licence
Running loader updater again. And again.
Remove, restart and reallocate licence.

Sim is v 2.2 and Loader is 4.1.2.

This is starting to become annoying as I have paid for this sim but I can't use it.

Last edited: 25/08/2014 at 15:54 by KymriskaDraken
Reason: Remove licence

Log in to reply
Licence problem 25/08/2014 at 15:42 #64110
Noisynoel
Avatar
989 posts
As mentioned elsewhere on the forum for this issue, Go to your license manager, unallocated the license, save then re-allocate the license
Noisynoel
Log in to reply
Licence problem 25/08/2014 at 15:50 #64111
KymriskaDraken
Avatar
893 posts
" said:
As mentioned elsewhere on the forum for this issue, Go to your license manager, unallocated the license, save then re-allocate the license
No, that didn't work. Even with a computer restart after removing the licence.

Log in to reply
Licence problem 25/08/2014 at 19:09 #64118
Peter Bennet
Avatar
4662 posts
Online
I take it you have no problems with any of your other Sims?

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Log in to reply
Licence problem 25/08/2014 at 19:19 #64120
KymriskaDraken
Avatar
893 posts
" said:
I take it you have no problems with any of your other Sims?

Peter
No, all of the other licensed sims are working perfectly, on both computers. It's only Fenchurch Street that refuses to behave on either.

Log in to reply
Licence problem 25/08/2014 at 20:03 #64121
GeoffM
Avatar
4727 posts
I've issued another license - try with that one.
SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
Licence problem 25/08/2014 at 20:11 #64122
KymriskaDraken
Avatar
893 posts
" said:
I've issued another license - try with that one.
Tried with both and neither work. *bangs head on keyboard*

Log in to reply
Licence problem 26/08/2014 at 00:27 #64130
BarryM
Avatar
2102 posts
What is running in the background whilst you are trying to fix your problem?

Barry

Barry, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Log in to reply
Licence problem 26/08/2014 at 08:18 #64134
KymriskaDraken
Avatar
893 posts
" said:
What is running in the background whilst you are trying to fix your problem?

Barry
On the desktop:

AirPort Base Station Agent
iCloud
Bank ID Security App
Remoteless Helper
MS Office Upload Center
Dropbox
Seagate Dashboard Agent
Bredbandsbolaget AV program (F-Secure)

And on the laptop:

iCloud
Bank ID
Remoteless
Dropbox
Bredbandsbolaget AV program

On both computers I have tried disabling the AV program but to no avail. I don't think that it's another process that's interfering as surely that would affect all sims and not just one?

Log in to reply
Licence problem 26/08/2014 at 18:53 #64148
Lardybiker
Avatar
771 posts
The only application likely to cause any issues is a firewall or anti-virus but they will typically block execution of an application rather than cause issues with the sim not finding the license. The fact you have other sims working is the oddity.

I wonder if the problem is with the sim you are installing. Looking back, one of the things you haven't said you've done is re-download the sim from the SimSig website and use the newly downloaded file to install the sim. Given what you've tried so far, might be worth a shot just in case. Obviously you'll have to uninstall the current sim first before installing the downloaded version.

Last edited: 26/08/2014 at 18:54 by Lardybiker
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: KymriskaDraken
Licence problem 26/08/2014 at 19:13 #64149
KymriskaDraken
Avatar
893 posts
" said:
The only application likely to cause any issues is a firewall or anti-virus but they will typically block execution of an application rather than cause issues with the sim not finding the license. The fact you have other sims working is the oddity.

I wonder if the problem is with the sim you are installing. Looking back, one of the things you haven't said you've done is re-download the sim from the SimSig website and use the newly downloaded file to install the sim. Given what you've tried so far, might be worth a shot just in case. Obviously you'll have to uninstall the current sim first before installing the downloaded version.
That solved it! The installer file in the downloads section is 2.2a but still identifies in the sim as 2.2 - that's why I thought I had the most up-to-date version but it looks like I didn't. Odd that the Loader didn't want to update it for me though.

Log in to reply
Licence problem 28/08/2014 at 15:35 #64190
clive
Avatar
2014 posts
Online
" said:

That solved it! The installer file in the downloads section is 2.2a but still identifies in the sim as 2.2 - that's why I thought I had the most up-to-date version but it looks like I didn't. Odd that the Loader didn't want to update it for me though.
Hmm. I can't see why that should matter. Licences are tied to the sim as a whole, not to specific versions of it. And really not to specific versions of the installer. All I can think is that your copy of 2.2 was corrupted somehow.

Log in to reply
Licence problem 28/08/2014 at 15:47 #64191
KymriskaDraken
Avatar
893 posts
" said:
" said:

That solved it! The installer file in the downloads section is 2.2a but still identifies in the sim as 2.2 - that's why I thought I had the most up-to-date version but it looks like I didn't. Odd that the Loader didn't want to update it for me though.
Hmm. I can't see why that should matter. Licences are tied to the sim as a whole, not to specific versions of it. And really not to specific versions of the installer. All I can think is that your copy of 2.2 was corrupted somehow.
Possibly yes. Still odd though.

Log in to reply