Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Pasture Street Signal P1000 Stepping Issues

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > South Humberside > Pasture Street Signal P1000 Stepping Issues

Page 1 of 1

Pasture Street Signal P1000 Stepping Issues 15/09/2014 at 16:34 #64589
Gwasanaethau
Avatar
485 posts
Hi all,

I have been doing some (very early) preliminary (α!) testing on my mega timetable and have noticed a potential issue. I realise this has likely to have been addressed already, but as there is no mention in either the wiki or the forum about it I thought I would highlight it just in case it hasn’t yet.

When I insert Pasture Street Signal 1000 as a timing point for eastbound trains, the timetable doesn’t step up until the train reaches Cleethorpes. This results in the train declaring it is (usually) anything from 5 to 8 minutes late, and any activities at Cleethorpes then do not take place.

Sim version: 2.218.76½

Cheers,

Mark (Gwasanaethau)

Log in to reply
Pasture Street Signal P1000 Stepping Issues 15/09/2014 at 19:12 #64591
Lardybiker
Avatar
771 posts
The only reason you'd need P1000 as a location is if the train is expected to to stop in the loop to allow for a west bound train to pass it. If there is no west bound train then you don't need the location as sending it into the loop is considerably slower than than using the main line.

I don't have the sim data or Mantis to hand but I recall there was a ticket raised about this already and it has been dealt with in the updated version I am working on.

As for the release version, I am not sure there is much you can do except either correctly route the train into the loop as it is TT'd for or simply not put the P1000 location in the TT and leave the signaller to decide if they need to use the loop or not.

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Gwasanaethau
Pasture Street Signal P1000 Stepping Issues 15/09/2014 at 20:10 #64593
Gwasanaethau
Avatar
485 posts
" said:
The only reason you'd need P1000 as a location is if the train is expected to to stop in the loop to allow for a west bound train to pass it. If there is no west bound train then you don't need the location as sending it into the loop is considerably slower than than using the main line.

This was happening in the situation you described. I had the eastbound timetabled to wait in the loop for a couple of minutes whilst a westbound passed it. Unfortunately, once the westbound passed and the eastbound was signalled past P1000, the timetable wouldn’t step up – it had to be stepped up manually.

" said:
I don't have the sim data or Mantis to hand but I recall there was a ticket raised about this already and it has been dealt with in the updated version I am working on.

I thought that was probably the case.

" said:
As for the release version, I am not sure there is much you can do except either correctly route the train into the loop as it is TT'd for or simply not put the P1000 location in the TT and leave the signaller to decide if they need to use the loop or not.

I have ended up doing the latter for the reason above. I added a couple of minutes’ ‘pathing allowance’ to the timetable to allow for the wait in the loop.

Thanks for looking into it and replying – much appreciated!

Log in to reply