Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Bradford Junction

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Timetables > Westbury > Bradford Junction

Page 1 of 1

Bradford Junction 12/05/2015 at 23:09 #72134
DaveHarries
Avatar
1049 posts
Hello all,

I am currently working on a new TT for the Westbury sim: paralell TTs may follow for Bristol and Swindon simulations if I have the time to compile them.

The scenario is that a line closure is in place between Bradford Junction and Bathampton Junction. Some trains in the TT I am working on will be using Trowbridge as a terminus point with the requirement to then reverse (as a 5xxx) at Bradford Junction and then head back to Trowbridge station.

I realise this is possibly a silly question but, would the TT command "Bradford Jn (rev)" work if a train had to use the Melksham line to reverse? This would be the case with the TT I am working on as there is no other means of doing the reversal.

Cheers,
Dave

Log in to reply
Bradford Junction 12/05/2015 at 23:21 #72135
postal
Avatar
4374 posts
Online
" said:
Hello all,

I am currently working on a new TT for the Westbury sim: paralell TTs may follow for Bristol and Swindon simulations if I have the time to compile them.

The scenario is that a line closure is in place between Bradford Junction and Bathampton Junction. Some trains in the TT I am working on will be using Trowbridge as a terminus point with the requirement to then reverse (as a 5xxx) at Bradford Junction and then head back to Trowbridge station.

I realise this is possibly a silly question but, would the TT command "Bradford Jn (rev)" work if a train had to use the Melksham line to reverse? This would be the case with the TT I am working on as there is no other means of doing the reversal.

Cheers,
Dave
You could always write a 1 train test TT and try it yourself to see if it works. That might be a bit quicker than waiting for a response here!

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Log in to reply
Bradford Junction 13/05/2015 at 07:18 #72142
Steamer
Avatar
3308 posts
It won't, the location is intended for reversing trains behind 119/219. I don't think there's a way to do it, it won't accept Melksham as a reversing point either.
"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
Bradford Junction 13/05/2015 at 08:49 #72143
AndyG
Avatar
1778 posts
Trowbridge-Bradford Jn (rev)-Trowbridge validates OK, so it's possible to TT the move within these provisos:-
a) TT analyser reports Trowbridge as not a sensible location for activities & not an end key location but the TT will work OK;
b) you may well have to to manually reverse the train behind W88 (and step up the TT?).

Edit: Can be made to work, but train stops & reverses at W119, needs TT bandon, rev dir, reinstate TT etc.

What will work is to TT the 5Xnn as Trwobridge-Thingley Jn-Trowbridge, and manually reverse once behind W88 and step up TT.

I can only help one person a day. Today's not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
Last edited: 13/05/2015 at 09:08 by AndyG
Reason: update

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: JamesN
Bradford Junction 13/05/2015 at 10:32 #72145
DaveHarries
Avatar
1049 posts
Just tried it on a trial TT and you are right: no go. But someone somewhere obviously has a way of doing it.....

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/V52165/2015/08/05/advanced

.....but bearing in mind that the line from Bradford Junction to Bath Spa will be shut I wonder how they will manage it during the closure? The Melksham line signal may well be the way they do it. Rather scuppers my plans to create a TT for the period during the closure - - but I may give Andy's idea a go. If you manually changed the points, however, and then moved it onto the Melksham branch by telling it to shunt forward would it automatically stop at W88?

Dave

Last edited: 13/05/2015 at 10:34 by DaveHarries
Log in to reply
Bradford Junction 13/05/2015 at 10:37 #72146
headshot119
Avatar
3783 posts
Online
" said:
Just tried it on a trial TT and you are right: no go. But someone somewhere obviously has a way of doing it.....

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/V52165/2015/08/05/advanced

.....but bearing in mind that the line from Bradford Junction to Bath Spa will be shut I wonder how they will manage it during the closure? The Melksham line signal may well be the way they do it. Rather scuppers my plans to create a TT for the period during the closure - - but I may give Andy's idea a go. If you manually changed the points, however, and then moved it onto the Melksham branch by telling it to shunt forward would it automatically stop at W88?

Dave
I've logged a feature request for a reverse location at Signal 88 which is where these moves take place (13322). No promises though.

"As the last track dropped, and the route became free, came the cry BROMLEY " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: DaveHarries
Bradford Junction 29/11/2016 at 23:16 #89594
tomsmith27
Avatar
8 posts
Apologies for dragging up an old(ish) thread. Did the feature request ever come to light or are there any plans? I appreciate that this may not be possible due to more important matters!

Regards
Tom

Log in to reply
Bradford Junction 29/11/2016 at 23:57 #89595
DaveHarries
Avatar
1049 posts
AFAIK no. Unfortunately I have since managed to accidentally delete the timetable as well which was hugely annoying. I had been looking forward to releasing it.

Dave

Last edited: 29/11/2016 at 23:58 by DaveHarries
Reason: Expansion of post.

Log in to reply
Bradford Junction 30/11/2016 at 00:24 #89596
GeoffM
Avatar
5264 posts
headshot119 in post 72146 said:
I've logged a feature request for a reverse location at Signal 88 which is where these moves take place (13322). No promises though.
This is still showing as unresolved I'm afraid. I know Peter Bennet and Howard Potter both had dealings with this sim so hopefully one will see this and respond.

SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
Bradford Junction 30/11/2016 at 22:14 #89610
Peter Bennet
Avatar
4801 posts
GeoffM in post 89596 said:
headshot119 in post 72146 said:
I've logged a feature request for a reverse location at Signal 88 which is where these moves take place (13322). No promises though.
This is still showing as unresolved I'm afraid. I know Peter Bennet and Howard Potter both had dealings with this sim so hopefully one will see this and respond.
Looks like there are a few issues reported still to be looked into. Ideally, I'd like to do with it what I did with Exeter but that's for another day. For various reasons, SimSig has taken a bit of a back seat at the moment.

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: tomsmith27