Upcoming Games

Upcoming Events

Hmmm.....

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Timetables > Marylebone IECC > Hmmm.....

Page 1 of 1

Hmmm..... 15/07/2017 at 19:59 #96396
DaveHarries
Avatar
714 posts
Evening all.

WOrking on an enhanced Sunday TT for the Marylebone sim (an Oxford TT will be produced, if I had time, which would be chainable). For one of the trains, 5T00 (0710 Aylesbury to Oxford) it seems that this is one of 4 trains in platform2 at the start of play, the others being:
- 2H03 0723 Aylesbury - Marylebone
- 5T12 0817 Aylesbury - Oxford
- 2H05 0829 Aylesbury - Marylebone

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/AYS/2017/09/17/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Therefore I have written the timetable for 5T00 (0710 Aylesbury - Oxford) with Oxford having, as its additional activities: "DR 2H05 DR:5T12 DR:2H03" which, I presume, would be the correct order of departures.

However I note that Aylesbury's platforms are all 166m which, I think, means that having those 4 trains in the platform would be a non-starter unless work has been done to lengthen one or more of Aylesbury's platforms in more recent times. Anyone know if this is the case?

If there is no way that all 4 trains would fit into Aylesbury P2 then I will move two of the trains into Platform 1 and seed them there.

Dave

Last edited: 15/07/2017 at 19:59 by DaveHarries
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Hmmm..... 15/07/2017 at 21:21 #96401
Steamer
Avatar
2418 posts
I would assume that there are untimetabled shunts between Aylesbury depot, the carriage sidings and the station itself; I'd be surprised if anything is stabled on the platform lines overnight.
Log in to reply
Hmmm..... 16/07/2017 at 02:13 #96406
DaveHarries
Avatar
714 posts
Steamer in post 96401 said:
I would assume that there are untimetabled shunts between Aylesbury depot, the carriage sidings and the station itself; I'd be surprised if anything is stabled on the platform lines overnight.

Could be but it is hard to know from RTT which suggests no overnight ECS workings to/from sidings or depots in the area.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/AYS/2017/09/17/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Dave

Log in to reply
Hmmm..... 16/07/2017 at 03:10 #96408
mark265
Avatar
465 posts
Online
DaveHarries in post 96406 said:
Steamer in post 96401 said:
I would assume that there are untimetabled shunts between Aylesbury depot, the carriage sidings and the station itself; I'd be surprised if anything is stabled on the platform lines overnight.

Could be but it is hard to know from RTT which suggests no overnight ECS workings to/from sidings or depots in the area.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/AYS/2017/09/17/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Dave
I think that realtime trains have not listed local shunts at all (shunts around the station area to depot and sidings) as looking back in the week there does not appear to be any from the sidings or from the depot at all, I have looked at opentrain times aswell and they do not seem to be showing local shunts to and from the depot or sidings either.

I would suggest that there are ECS movements but for some reason or another they do not seem to be listed on the live traintimes boards, it would be highly unusual not to have ECS movements to and from a depot/siding's at the end of a day or start of the day, given the proximity of the depot and sidings to the station.

Last edited: 16/07/2017 at 03:21 by mark265
Reason: Edited

Log in to reply
Hmmm..... 16/07/2017 at 07:48 #96415
Meld
Avatar
289 posts
Online
Steamer in post 96401 said:
I would assume that there are untimetabled shunts between Aylesbury depot, the carriage sidings and the station itself; I'd be surprised if anything is stabled on the platform lines overnight.
Have to agree with Steamer here - as a test I've just imported the 8th April NR Data set into the sim and no ECS moves between the Depot or Carriage Sidings and the Station exist, they are all done locally. If you look at a simplifier for Aylesbury you will see how things are worked out at the beginning/end of day. (IIRC on was provided with the original sim)

Log in to reply
Hmmm..... 16/07/2017 at 08:20 #96416
kaiwhara
Avatar
435 posts
Online
I've just done a 2016 timetable for Marylebone (before Oxford opened) and can confirm that no shunts at Aylesbury feature in any timetable data available, except Chilterns own data, and even then it's hit and miss.

You will need to input these shunts yourself.

Sorry guys, I am in the business of making people wait!
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Stephen Fulcher
Hmmm..... 16/07/2017 at 09:56 #96418
wellgroomed
Avatar
36 posts
DaveHarries in post 96396 said:
Evening all.

WOrking on an enhanced Sunday TT for the Marylebone sim (an Oxford TT will be produced, if I had time, which would be chainable). For one of the trains, 5T00 (0710 Aylesbury to Oxford) it seems that this is one of 4 trains in platform2 at the start of play, the others being:
- 2H03 0723 Aylesbury - Marylebone
- 5T12 0817 Aylesbury - Oxford
- 2H05 0829 Aylesbury - Marylebone

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/AYS/2017/09/17/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Therefore I have written the timetable for 5T00 (0710 Aylesbury - Oxford) with Oxford having, as its additional activities: "DR 2H05 DR:5T12 DR:2H03" which, I presume, would be the correct order of departures.

However I note that Aylesbury's platforms are all 166m which, I think, means that having those 4 trains in the platform would be a non-starter unless work has been done to lengthen one or more of Aylesbury's platforms in more recent times. Anyone know if this is the case?

If there is no way that all 4 trains would fit into Aylesbury P2 then I will move two of the trains into Platform 1 and seed them there.

Dave
Hi Dave,

None of the shunts, although they are planned, are included in the published train paths. They were included experimentally in 2010/11, but caused too many difficulties given that the workings at Aylesbury can and will be flexed, e.g. originating at the Depot instead of the Sidings, or berthing in the platforms overnight.

Platforms 1 & 3 are usually used for berthing purposes, leaving Platform 2 to be kept free for moves between the Depot, Sidings and any freight/tampers that may need to run through the station.

The Branch Siding (next to Platform 1) can be used too, but is generally only needed when the capacity isn't available in the sidings. E.g. If they're occupied by the RHTT or a tamper, for which they'll usually use Siding 7.

Happy to assist further if needed.

Cheers,

Greg

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: DaveHarries
Hmmm..... 16/07/2017 at 14:34 #96426
DaveHarries
Avatar
714 posts
Thanks all for your replies. As I don't know what the time lengths would be from the depot and sidings nearby (nor do I know the unit types) what I have gone and done is to set 5T00 to seed at Platform 1 with 5T12 seeding at Platform 2 (there is nothing listed through Platform 2 early on). Those trains drop 2H03 and 2H05 respectively.

Platform 3 is, at the start of proceedings, occupied by an ECS from Aylesbury to Aylesbury Vale Parkway as shown in the screenshot.

In addition anyone know if there is a way to make trains that seed be made ARS at the start?

Dave


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Last edited: 16/07/2017 at 14:36 by DaveHarries
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Hmmm..... 16/07/2017 at 14:44 #96427
mark265
Avatar
465 posts
Online
Seeded trains normally go ARS straight away, how ever if there is an error in the TT ie TT location and platform does not match its location it will stay NON-ARS

ie: you have seeded in to P1 a train but if the TT line does not read Aylesbury P1, then it won't go ARS

Log in to reply
Hmmm..... 05/08/2017 at 06:06 #97896
barrykas
Avatar
6 posts
A bit late to the party, but you could always use the Aylesbury Simplifier from the Checkatrade Trophy Final (2nd April) TT as the basis for working out the ECS moves at the start of the day. It won't be perfect, but it gives you an idea.

Marylebone's easier in that respect, as the planned shunts are all shown on RTT and the like.

Log in to reply