Add a game

Upcoming Events

Swindon Panel Opening Day

You are here: Home > Forum > General > Meeting up > Swindon Panel Opening Day

Page 1 of 1

Swindon Panel Opening Day 19/04/2018 at 18:23 #107621
GeoffM
3830 posts
On the 23rd and 24th June this year Swindon Panel Preservation Society will be unveiling their "new" working panel at Didcot. There will be a bunch of activities and things to see, as well as the Didcot Railway Centre with its GWR memorabilia and trains.

We will be having a stand in part of a static carriage and we're looking for volunteers to play SimSig. The event is free: you will get free entry to the event but you must play for at least 3 hours. The remainder of the day is up to you to explore the event.

In order to get the free entry, you need to sign up to the event a week before the event so we can arrange for that free entry.

It's going to be fun so please sign up!

SimSig Boss. Website issues: Check here first: https://www.simsig.co.uk/Wiki/Show?page=newwebsite
The following users said thank you: headshot119, JamesN
Swindon Panel Opening Day 20/04/2018 at 09:09 #107627
kbarber
1285 posts
Have you perchance left the time set for your own timezone Geoff? I'm certainly not going to be there for 02:00 :-)
Swindon Panel Opening Day 20/04/2018 at 10:59 #107629
DaveHarries
826 posts
A bit more information on the weekend as a whole. The Didcot RC are making 23rd & 24th June a gala weekend with a number of things going on. The Didcot Railway Centre's website gives a list of some of the additional attractions over the weekend: for anyone interested the webpage in question can be found at http://www.didcotrailwaycentre.org.uk/events/galas.html

There will also be a Signalling Notices Sales & Swap Shop between 1pm and 4pm on both days: the Swindon Panel page on Facebook states that "everyone is invited to bring their own swaps/sales too. (There is no pitch fee, but when you make sales of your own items, a donation to Swindon Panel towards the organisation of the weekend would be appreciated!). You are welcome to bring your own table, and set it up in the sales area, or we can provide you with a table for a donation to SPS of £5 (this is the cost price to us). (Tables must be booked in advance, please contact Swindon Panel Society.) You are also welcome to bring a gazeebo to shelter from the rain/sun."

The opening of the signalling centre - which will house the Swindon Panel - will be on Saturday 23rd June at 12 noon: the honours will be performed by Francis How, Chief Executive of the IRSE (Institute of Railway Signal Engineers)

It should be a good weekend. Being a member of the Swindon Panel Society I will be there and will call in on the SimSig room during the afternoon so I look forward to seeing any SimSig players there.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited: 20/04/2018 at 11:06 by DaveHarries
Reason: None given

The following user said thank you: GeoffM
Swindon Panel Opening Day 20/04/2018 at 17:10 #107635
GeoffM
3830 posts
I should have said, further to my post a few weeks ago looking for organisers, thank you to the couple that responded. Karl Latham (Headshot) was able to commit to the whole weekend which made things a lot easier.

Timezones fixed - oops! I should learn to read my own notes on the web page I created.

SimSig Boss. Website issues: Check here first: https://www.simsig.co.uk/Wiki/Show?page=newwebsite
Swindon Panel Opening Day 21/04/2018 at 09:01 #107642
kbarber
1285 posts
Is 10:00 opening time? When do you actually want us there? (Long time since I've done an early turn... 10:00 is my usual start time working at home! Hope there will be plenty of coffee brewing.)
Swindon Panel Opening Day 21/04/2018 at 11:29 #107643
DaveHarries
826 posts
Hi KB. The IRSE's Minor Railways Section are on site aas they are holding their AGM at Didcot in the morning. Their schedule says that the Railway Centre opens at 10:30 and the Railway Centre's website says likewise so 10:30 is when the Railway Centre opens.

Dave

The following user said thank you: kbarber
Swindon Panel Opening Day 24/04/2018 at 19:00 #107680
Hugh
33 posts
Does this mean an update to the Swindon A&B IECC Sim?
Swindon Panel Opening Day 24/04/2018 at 19:41 #107681
GeoffM
3830 posts
Hugh in post 107680 said:
Does this mean an update to the Swindon A&B IECC Sim?
Why? This is talking about an event to celebrate the opening of the restored Swindon A panel.

The following user said thank you: DriverCurran
Swindon Panel Opening Day 24/04/2018 at 23:24 #107684
Underwood
655 posts
I've put my name down Saturday AM or PM will suit me.

I've noticed you can hire a table for a sales stand too, might bring a stash of Working Timetables to sell cheap as I need a clear out. (To sell when I'm not doing the 3 hour signalling stint I mean)

Swindon Panel Opening Day 25/04/2018 at 12:14 #107685
Sacro
961 posts
Underwood in post 107684 said:
I've put my name down Saturday AM or PM will suit me.

I've noticed you can hire a table for a sales stand too, might bring a stash of Working Timetables to sell cheap as I need a clear out. (To sell when I'm not doing the 3 hour signalling stint I mean)
What have you got to offer? Might be worth posting on here first!

The following user said thank you: Underwood
Swindon Panel Opening Day 25/04/2018 at 15:04 #107686
Underwood
655 posts
Quite a fair bit! Mostly 1980's era, think theres some later ones too. Bought them over the years but just sitting there taking up space.

I could list them on the forum, I'll do that and anything not taken up I can bring along to Didcot

The following user said thank you: derbybest