Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Kings Cross Loco Sidings

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > King's Cross > Kings Cross Loco Sidings

Page 1 of 1

Kings Cross Loco Sidings 31/05/2018 at 12:00 #108359
ajax103
Avatar
620 posts
I'm running one of the new May 2018 timetables and I have a Class 91 loco stabled there which is timetabled to run to Bounds Green depot via the Down Slow 2 at Finsbury Park then via Hertford North and Stevenage.

However the sim has kicked in saying "wrong route, no suitable traction"

I thought that these sidings WERE wired up or are they not wired up?

Log in to reply
Kings Cross Loco Sidings 31/05/2018 at 14:31 #108364
Giantray
Avatar
191 posts
They are wired up.
Professional Railwayman since 1981. Railway Historian (SER, LCDR)
Log in to reply
Kings Cross Loco Sidings 31/05/2018 at 17:47 #108366
ajax103
Avatar
620 posts
Then why do I get a error message saying wrong traction for route?

The route is Loco Sidings K19 to Kings Cross Belle Isle to Holloway South to Finsbury Park however it's a valid route further more, when I try to do anything with the timetable it blabs on that "new timetable has unsuitable electrification" this is despite the fact that it's a Class 91 with all the right boxes ticked and I've tried it with both the new era and the old era with two results.

The Old era doesn't present a issue YET the New era refuses to allow a electric loco to access the loco sidings at Kings Cross even though they should be wired up?

You can seed a electric loco in the sidings there but you can't move it as the sim refuses to allow you - can this please be raised as a fault on Mantis because this has GOT to be a bug seeing as it works fine with the old era but not the new era.

Last edited: 31/05/2018 at 18:25 by ajax103
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Kings Cross Loco Sidings 31/05/2018 at 17:56 #108368
AndyG
Avatar
1778 posts
Online
I'd check the traction type on the train in question in the TT editor.

There was an unrelated instance of overhead DC box ticked instead of overhead AC.

Edit:- Specific WTT name and source?

I can only help one person a day. Today's not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
Last edited: 31/05/2018 at 18:08 by AndyG
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Kings Cross Loco Sidings 31/05/2018 at 18:37 #108370
ajax103
Avatar
620 posts
AndyG in post 108368 said:
I'd check the traction type on the train in question in the TT editor.

There was an unrelated instance of overhead DC box ticked instead of overhead AC.

Edit:- Specific WTT name and source?
I've tried a May 2018 timetable from another forum and also tried https://www.simsig.co.uk/File/Details/1114 by swapping the diesel loco for a electric loco which goes into the loco sidings and still have a issue.

Please note that I don't have a issue with the Old Era but it's the Modern era which for some reason refuses to play ball.

I have also double check and triple check that the power settings you mention above are right which they are, it's just the sim in the modern layout refuses pointblank to have anything to do with the movement of electric locos to and from that location.

Log in to reply
Kings Cross Loco Sidings 31/05/2018 at 18:55 #108371
MarkC
Avatar
822 posts
ajax103 in post 108370 said:
AndyG in post 108368 said:
I'd check the traction type on the train in question in the TT editor.

There was an unrelated instance of overhead DC box ticked instead of overhead AC.

Edit:- Specific WTT name and source?
I've tried a May 2018 timetable from another forum and also tried https://www.simsig.co.uk/File/Details/1114 by swapping the diesel loco for a electric loco which goes into the loco sidings and still have a issue.

Please note that I don't have a issue with the Old Era but it's the Modern era which for some reason refuses to play ball.

I have also double check and triple check that the power settings you mention above are right which they are, it's just the sim in the modern layout refuses pointblank to have anything to do with the movement of electric locos to and from that location.
Confirmed Loco sdgs and Spur not electrified (mantis #20691)

It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: ajax103
Kings Cross Loco Sidings 07/06/2018 at 21:04 #108481
bugsy
Avatar
402 posts
MarkC in post 108371 said:
ajax103 in post 108370 said:
AndyG in post 108368 said:
I'd check the traction type on the train in question in the TT editor.

There was an unrelated instance of overhead DC box ticked instead of overhead AC.

Edit:- Specific WTT name and source?
I've tried a May 2018 timetable from another forum and also tried https://www.simsig.co.uk/File/Details/1114 by swapping the diesel loco for a electric loco which goes into the loco sidings and still have a issue.

Please note that I don't have a issue with the Old Era but it's the Modern era which for some reason refuses to play ball.

I have also double check and triple check that the power settings you mention above are right which they are, it's just the sim in the modern layout refuses pointblank to have anything to do with the movement of electric locos to and from that location.
Confirmed Loco sdgs and Spur not electrified (mantis #20691)
I have the same issue as AJAX103.

Until this problem is rectified, is the only coarse of action to cancel 0P03?

I decided to Abandon it's timetable. That'll stop the driver phoning and keep things quiet.

Ooops. It didn't. Cancelled the train.

Bugsy

My goodness, that was difficult, but I managed it.
Last edited: 07/06/2018 at 21:22 by bugsy
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Kings Cross Loco Sidings 08/06/2018 at 18:53 #108509
ajax103
Avatar
620 posts
What I did in the end was remove the train, not something I wanted to do but until it's fixed was the only course open to me.
Log in to reply