Upcoming Games

Exeter with SDR diesel gala 18/06/2018 20:00:00 - Jimmyj5579

Motherwell & Edinburgh 20/06/2018 19:30:00 - Hap

Add a game

Upcoming Events

London Bridge recent update

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > London Bridge > London Bridge recent update

Page 1 of 1

London Bridge recent update 13/06/2018 at 20:02 #109635
northroad
732 posts
Is anyone having difficulty with London Bridge since updating with todays updates.
I now try and successfully launch the sim with the 2010 to 2014 era but as soon as I try to scroll the up and down scroll bar the scroll bar bottom turns black and the message sim not responding comes up and will not clear. I have tried this some 5 times now and each time it comes up with the same result.

Geoff

Never apologise son, it's a sign of weakness (John Wayne)
London Bridge recent update 13/06/2018 at 20:27 #109636
headshot119
2663 posts
northroad in post 109635 said:
Is anyone having difficulty with London Bridge since updating with todays updates.
I now try and successfully launch the sim with the 2010 to 2014 era but as soon as I try to scroll the up and down scroll bar the scroll bar bottom turns black and the message sim not responding comes up and will not clear. I have tried this some 5 times now and each time it comes up with the same result.

Geoff
It's a common problem (not London Bridge specific), which seems to be caused by clicking on the scroll bars.

If we could get some information about your system, OS, graphics cards, driver versions etc it may help us narrow the problem down.

Also check your drivers are up to date.

For a work around, use a scroll wheel (Shift + scroll allows the vertical scrolling)

"Platform 1 your Maesteg service. Platform 1A your Aberdare. Platform 2 your London!"
London Bridge recent update 13/06/2018 at 20:50 #109637
northroad
732 posts
headshot119 in post 109636 said:

Geoff
It's a common problem (not London Bridge specific), which seems to be caused by clicking on the scroll bars.

If we could get some information about your system, OS, graphics cards, driver versions etc it may help us narrow the problem down.

For a work around, use a scroll wheel (Shift + scroll allows the vertical scrolling)
HP Envy with Intel(R)Core (TM)i7 4700MQ CPU @ 2.4GHz 64 bit operating system using windows 8 with all updates and drivers fully up to date.

Although why everything should be working fine until I downloaded the updates and then encountering this problem is really hacking me off. Perhaps I should have left well alone because I now have a sim that I cannot use.

Geoff

London Bridge recent update 13/06/2018 at 20:51 #109638
headshot119
2663 posts
northroad in post 109637 said:
headshot119 in post 109636 said:

Geoff

HP Envy with Intel(R)Core (TM)i7 4700MQ CPU @ 2.4GHz 64 bit operating system using windows 8 with all updates and drivers fully up to date.

Although why everything should be working fine until I downloaded the updates and then encountering this problem is really hacking me off. Perhaps I should have left well alone because I now have a sim that I cannot use.

Geoff
I can assure you it's Nothing to do with updating the sim.

You can use the sim I've given you a workaround in post 2 of the thread.

"Platform 1 your Maesteg service. Platform 1A your Aberdare. Platform 2 your London!"
London Bridge recent update 13/06/2018 at 21:05 #109640
northroad
732 posts
Yes the work around does work agreed but should I really be expected to have to use a workaround. For something that was working fine last night and not being used again until I have just opened the computer up and the first thing I do is load the update and nothing else then pardon me if I am just a little bit suspicious when you say it has nothing to do with the update.

Geoff

London Bridge recent update 13/06/2018 at 21:09 #109641
headshot119
2663 posts
northroad in post 109640 said:
Yes the work around does work agreed but should I really be expected to have to use a workaround. For something that was working fine last night and not being used again until I have just opened the computer up and the first thing I do is load the update and nothing else then pardon me if I am just a little bit suspicious when you say it has nothing to do with the update.

Geoff
If you search the forum, you'll find a few threads on the subject. I've asked for information from you in attempt to solve the problem. I don't set out to mislead people with the advice I give, however if you don't want to believe me that's up to you.

Mantis 14470 applies

Last edited: 13/06/2018 at 21:11 by headshot119
Reason: None given

The following user said thank you: Trainfan344
London Bridge recent update 13/06/2018 at 21:47 #109642
northroad
732 posts
Headshot,
If it helps your investigations then I have just done a system restore from 16:20 yesterday afternoon and everything is working fine when I open the sim. Nothing happened after that point when I closed the computer down as I said so this still leads me to believe that it was the update that has caused the problem

Geoff

London Bridge recent update 13/06/2018 at 21:49 #109643
headshot119
2663 posts
northroad in post 109642 said:
Headshot,
If it helps your investigations then I have just done a system restore from 16:20 yesterday afternoon and everything is working fine when I open the sim. Nothing happened after that point when I closed the computer down as I said so this still leads me to believe that it was the update that has caused the problem

Geoff
Then I suspect you've updated your graphics drivers, or another driver. Again it will be nothing to do with the sim update.

London Bridge recent update 13/06/2018 at 21:54 #109644
northroad
732 posts
But I am always prompted to allow updates to the computer so how do you work that out...something that Sim Sig always does also and I blindly accept it every time figuring that Sim Sig is a trusted source ........sorry if I am appearing a bit dumb here...

Geoff

London Bridge recent update 13/06/2018 at 21:57 #109645
headshot119
2663 posts
Nothing has changed in the sim to cause the issue, but the fact a system reversion has fixed the problem makes me think you've had a driver change, or a windows update, these days you don't necessarily have any control of whether or not you get the update.
London Bridge recent update 13/06/2018 at 23:43 #109647
BarryM
1968 posts
northroad in post 109644 said:
But I am always prompted to allow updates to the computer so how do you work that out...something that Sim Sig always does also and I blindly accept it every time figuring that Sim Sig is a trusted source ........sorry if I am appearing a bit dumb here...

Geoff
Geoff, I have loaded up the latest update and have had no problems including use of the scroll bars.

Barry

Barry, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Last edited: 13/06/2018 at 23:44 by BarryM
Reason: None given

The following user said thank you: Ar88
London Bridge recent update 14/06/2018 at 22:03 #109667
northroad
732 posts
Thanks for all responses on this post.
I am happy to report that London Bridge is now running a normal service.

Geoff

London Bridge recent update 15/06/2018 at 03:46 #109674
DaveBarraza
68 posts
Loaded a saved simulation, and there were 3 routes which did not have points properly set.

2 resulted in signals stuck at red, one resulted in a call from a train reporting that the points were set against it.

London Bridge recent update 15/06/2018 at 04:58 #109676
JamesN
959 posts
DaveBarraza in post 109674 said:
Loaded a saved simulation, and there were 3 routes which did not have points properly set.

2 resulted in signals stuck at red, one resulted in a call from a train reporting that the points were set against it.
Saved games from prior versions of the simulation aren’t guaranteed to work when loaded into a new version - that’s why you get a warning on loading when there’s a version mismatch.

The following users said thank you: Ar88, DaveBarraza