Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018

You are here: Home > Forum > General > Meeting up > London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018

Page 5 of 5

London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 18/11/2018 at 16:23 #113387
HST125Scorton
Avatar
454 posts
I like the new Stafford Layout :D..
Looks like you all have a grand time too.

Hopefully screenshots of the sim will arrive soon, looking forward to these been released soon 'ish' Staffordshire been No.1 too

Aaron (AJRO)
Log in to reply
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 18/11/2018 at 16:25 #113388
headshot119
Avatar
3010 posts
Online
Screenshots of the simulations can be found in this thread https://www.simsig.co.uk/Forum/ThreadView/49264

Unfortunately at this point in time we can't give a time frame on the release of any of these simulation. Please bear in mind that Sandhills has only been in development for 2 and a bit weeks at the time of preview so is a long way off at this point.

"James Street, Moorfields, Liverpool Lime Street and Liverpool Central"
Log in to reply
The following users said thank you: HST125Scorton, Steamer
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 18/11/2018 at 16:34 #113389
HST125Scorton
Avatar
454 posts
Staffordshire & Sandhills both looks amazing. Stafford new layout along with Stoke and Derby lines is lovely welcome addition and possibilities with chaining is big!! I don't know much about Sandhills network but the sim looks very detailed.

Staffordshire is on my list.. I presume this will end the current Stafford Sim in progress for Staffordshire, Would this be still freeware or moved to Payware? I don't mind either way.

Aaron (AJRO)
Log in to reply
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 18/11/2018 at 16:42 #113390
headshot119
Avatar
3010 posts
Online
Stafford and Staffordshire represent two separate eras, and two fairly different areas, Stafford will remain available through the website.
"James Street, Moorfields, Liverpool Lime Street and Liverpool Central"
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: HST125Scorton
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 18/11/2018 at 18:19 #113401
Steamer
Avatar
2866 posts
HST125Scorton in post 113389 said:
I don't know much about Sandhills network but the sim looks very detailed.
For the benefit of anyone not familiar with the area...

Sandhills IECC controls the majority of the Merseyrail Network (click here for map), an almost entirely self-contained network of lines radiating from Liverpool. The network is also an island of 3rd rail electrification, and the only such network away from the main 3rd rail area in the south east. The only parts of the Mersyrail network not controlled by Sandhills are the souther section of the Northern line (controlled by Hunts Cross, as already simulated), and the lines south Spital, which are controlled variously by Chester PSB, Hooton (which was absorbed into Chester a few years ago), and Ellesmere Port boxes (it's likely that all of these would be simulated in a single Chester simulation, were it ever produced).

The only non-Merseyrail lines controlled by Sandhills are the lines from Wigan and Wrexham that run to Southport and Bidston respectively; the rest of the latter line is simulated in North East Wales. Sandhills also controls a very short section of the line from Wavertree (see Edge Hill simulation) to Liverpool Docks.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: HST125Scorton
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 18/11/2018 at 21:51 #113406
clive
Avatar
1813 posts
Steamer in post 113401 said:

The network is also an island of 3rd rail electrification, and the only such network away from the main 3rd rail area in the south east.
Nitpick: Moorgate to Drayton Park isn't part of the south east 3rd rail area.

There's also the Glasgow subway.

Log in to reply
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 18/11/2018 at 21:56 #113407
clive
Avatar
1813 posts
headshot119 in post 113384 said:
The group photo at the end of the event, I think most people are in it though one or two may have left just before.
Great. Who's going to name everyone in it?

That's me front and centre in the light brown SimSig T-shirt.

Log in to reply
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 18/11/2018 at 22:41 #113408
bugsy
Avatar
371 posts
clive in post 113407 said:


Great. Who's going to name everyone in it?

That's me front and centre in the light brown SimSig T-shirt.
Yes. Let's have some names please

My goodness, that was difficult, but I managed it.
Log in to reply
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 19/11/2018 at 15:24 #113423
headshot119
Avatar
3010 posts
Online
Matching names to faces is ongoing on the wiki, there are only 3 people which we can't identify from memory.
"James Street, Moorfields, Liverpool Lime Street and Liverpool Central"
Log in to reply
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 19/11/2018 at 15:44 #113424
postal
Avatar
3623 posts
headshot119 in post 113423 said:
Matching names to faces is ongoing on the wiki, there are only 3 people which we can't identify from memory.
Think I've got all the Usernames in correctly now but one given name I'm not sure about (apologies to Philsam123 for that!).

Wiki page has been shifted and is now here. The link from the main Meet page in the Wiki has been updated to the new address.

"The truth about your own life is not always easy to accept, and sometimes hasn't even occurred to you." - Anna Quindlen (Born 08/07/1952) American Journalist
Last edited: 19/11/2018 at 15:46 by postal
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 23/11/2018 at 16:17 #113479
ajax103
Avatar
588 posts
Online
Sounds like a good time and it's certainly great news that a Sandhills IECC sim is in production :)

Now this was probably asked at the meet but I'm going to ask as I wasn't there but what eras/years are going to be represented in the sims on display at the meet?

Log in to reply
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 23/11/2018 at 17:14 #113480
headshot119
Avatar
3010 posts
Online
ajax103 in post 113479 said:
Sounds like a good time and it's certainly great news that a Sandhills IECC sim is in production :)

Now this was probably asked at the meet but I'm going to ask as I wasn't there but what eras/years are going to be represented in the sims on display at the meet?
Sandhills - roughly 2006 (closure of Hall Road TMD) to mid 2018 (opening of Maghull North)

Staffordshire - 2016 onward (opening of Norton bridge flyover)

"James Street, Moorfields, Liverpool Lime Street and Liverpool Central"
Log in to reply
The following users said thank you: bri2808, ajax103, Mikhail
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 23/11/2018 at 18:55 #113481
pedroathome
Avatar
454 posts
Online
headshot119 in post 113480 said:
ajax103 in post 113479 said:
Sounds like a good time and it's certainly great news that a Sandhills IECC sim is in production :)

Now this was probably asked at the meet but I'm going to ask as I wasn't there but what eras/years are going to be represented in the sims on display at the meet?
Sandhills - roughly 2006 (closure of Hall Road TMD) to mid 2018 (opening of Maghull North)

Staffordshire - 2016 onward (opening of Norton bridge flyover)
Manchester South and Stockport both being their current respective layouts

Last edited: 23/11/2018 at 19:28 by pedroathome
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
The following users said thank you: ajax103, Mikhail
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 24/11/2018 at 12:02 #113488
ajax103
Avatar
588 posts
Online
Thanks guys, it looks like Sandhills will have ARS but does ARS exist on the others at all specifically Staffordshire?
Log in to reply
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 24/11/2018 at 12:03 #113489
headshot119
Avatar
3010 posts
Online
ajax103 in post 113488 said:
Thanks guys, it looks like Sandhills will have ARS but does ARS exist on the others at all specifically Staffordshire?
Sandhills and Staffordshire are ARS equipped.

Manchester South and Stockport are not.

"James Street, Moorfields, Liverpool Lime Street and Liverpool Central"
Log in to reply
The following users said thank you: ajax103, bri2808
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 24/11/2018 at 13:31 #113493
DaveHarries
Avatar
884 posts
headshot119 in post 113489 said:
ajax103 in post 113488 said:
Thanks guys, it looks like Sandhills will have ARS but does ARS exist on the others at all specifically Staffordshire?
Sandhills and Staffordshire are ARS equipped.

Manchester South and Stockport are not.

It was great to play Staffordshire, Manchester South and Sandhills IECC at the meet (although with Manchester South and Sandhills I would have found it easier if I had been using my regular 2-screen setup. I look forward to the release of those three sims along with Stockport.

Dave

Log in to reply
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 24/11/2018 at 15:52 #113500
pedroathome
Avatar
454 posts
Online
DaveHarries in post 113493 said:
headshot119 in post 113489 said:
ajax103 in post 113488 said:
Thanks guys, it looks like Sandhills will have ARS but does ARS exist on the others at all specifically Staffordshire?
Sandhills and Staffordshire are ARS equipped.

Manchester South and Stockport are not.

It was great to play Staffordshire, Manchester South and Sandhills IECC at the meet (although with Manchester South and Sandhills I would have found it easier if I had been using my regular 2-screen setup. I look forward to the release of those three sims along with Stockport.

Dave
But you said at the meet you haden't had you dinner before SimSigging. Does this mean the universe is about to fall apart?

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: postal
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 24/11/2018 at 15:59 #113501
postal
Avatar
3623 posts
pedroathome in post 113500 said:
But you said at the meet you haden't had you dinner before SimSigging. Does this mean the universe is about to fall apart?
Is it important enough to merit a note in the Meet report on the Wiki?

"The truth about your own life is not always easy to accept, and sometimes hasn't even occurred to you." - Anna Quindlen (Born 08/07/1952) American Journalist
Last edited: 24/11/2018 at 15:59 by postal
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
London Meet, Saturday 17th November 2018 24/11/2018 at 16:38 #113502
DaveHarries
Avatar
884 posts
postal in post 113501 said:
Is it important enough to merit a note in the Meet report on the Wiki?
pedroathome in post 113500 said:
But you said at the meet you haden't had you dinner before SimSigging. Does this mean the universe is about to fall apart?

The answer, in both cases, is probably NO.

Dave

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: postal