Upcoming Games

Full list
Add a game

1991 timetable

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Timetables > West Yorkshire > 1991 timetable

Page 4 of 4

1991 timetable 09/12/2019 at 11:38 #122167
jc92
3062 posts
Currently there isn't really anything you can do in all honesty. You can try holding it at milford jcn but you're likely to delay further trains coming from GW and there's no way in the TT editor to prevent early entry. There's the always enter on time option but then the train will never run late either.
1991 timetable 09/12/2019 at 13:33 #122169
lazzer
495 posts
jc92 in post 122167 said:
Currently there isn't really anything you can do in all honesty. You can try holding it at milford jcn but you're likely to delay further trains coming from GW and there's no way in the TT editor to prevent early entry. There's the always enter on time option but then the train will never run late either.
Would the train call wrong route if you were to send it into the through sidings at GW, and hold it there?

1991 timetable 09/12/2019 at 14:24 #122170
jc92
3062 posts
lazzer in post 122169 said:
Would the train call wrong route if you were to send it into the through sidings at GW, and hold it there?
there's no crossover to facilitate it running into Milford west sidings from GW.

1991 timetable 09/12/2019 at 14:33 #122171
lazzer
495 posts
jc92 in post 122170 said:
there's no crossover to facilitate it running into Milford west sidings from GW.
That'll teach me to ask a question without looking at the sim first

1991 timetable 09/12/2019 at 19:26 #122185
lazzer
495 posts
[quote=jc92;post=122167]Currently there isn't really anything you can do in all honesty. You can try holding it at milford jcn but you're likely to delay further trains coming from GW and there's no way in the TT editor to prevent early entry. There's the always enter on time option but then the train will never run late either.
If the train was very early enough to likely cause delays to following trains, I suppose one could run it in behind 5235 at Milford Junction and reverse it back into the sidings. I know that would involve abandoning timetables and reversing, but it's what I think I would do if I needed to get one out of the way and there was a spare through siding.

Last edited: 09/12/2019 at 19:26 by lazzer
Reason: None given

1991 timetable 09/12/2019 at 19:54 #122187
swiftaw
114 posts
lazzer in post 122185 said:
[quote=jc92;post=122167]Currently there isn't really anything you can do in all honesty. You can try holding it at milford jcn but you're likely to delay further trains coming from GW and there's no way in the TT editor to prevent early entry. There's the always enter on time option but then the train will never run late either.
If the train was very early enough to likely cause delays to following trains, I suppose one could run it in behind 5235 at Milford Junction and reverse it back into the sidings. I know that would involve abandoning timetables and reversing, but it's what I think I would do if I needed to get one out of the way and there was a spare through siding.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of doing.

I also had one that was almost 2 hours early for a crew change at Castleford, but luckily nothing came up behind it for that entire time so I parked it on the station approach until the crew was ready (of course, in hindsight if I'd been paying attention I would've parked it in the Goods Loop).

1991 timetable 11/12/2019 at 04:46 #122213
swiftaw
114 posts
I'm working my way through a Friday timetable and I've run into an issue. At around 16:00 0M06 comes out of Knottingley TMD to head to Milford Yard 11 to join 7K46. However there is no 7K46 in the yard, and when I look at the timetable entires, all the 7K46's in the list are FX.

Now, there is a 6K46 in the yard, but that shows no timetable.

1991 timetable 11/12/2019 at 14:09 #122216
2411 posts
swiftaw in post 122187 said:

I also had one that was almost 2 hours early for a crew change at Castleford, but luckily nothing came up behind it for that entire time so I parked it on the station approach until the crew was ready (of course, in hindsight if I'd been paying attention I would've parked it in the Goods Loop).
I'd be interested in knowing what train that was which required a crew change change 2 hours early. Next time could you make a note of the train ID & the time it entered please so I can check the master timetable.

1991 timetable 11/12/2019 at 14:22 #122217
swiftaw
114 posts
58050 in post 122216 said:

I'd be interested in knowing what train that was which required a crew change change 2 hours early. Next time could you make a note of the train ID & the time it entered please so I can check the master timetable.
It was 6M64, and I realized it was my mistake. It is supposed to spend 2 hours in the Milford Loop before heading to Castleford for the crew change. I completely overlooked that and sent it straight to Castleford.

1991 timetable 11/12/2019 at 14:22 #122218
2411 posts
[quote=swiftaw;post=122213]I'm working my way through a Friday timetable and I've run into an issue. At around 16:00 0M06 comes out of Knottingley TMD to head to Milford Yard 11 to join 7K46. However there is no 7K46 in the yard, and when I look at the timetable entires, all the 7K46's in the list are FX.

Now, there is a 6K46 in the yard, but that shows If the 6K46 you are looking at is the set of 36 empty MGR wagons. then it won't show a timetable as it's not going anywhere as that only refers to the empty wagom set at Milford Sdgs. The timetable data for the train only appears once the loco has been attached & IIRC 0K46 comes LD from Healey Mills & the empty wagon set goes to load at Grimethorpe Colliery.

1991 timetable 11/12/2019 at 14:28 #122220
2411 posts
swiftaw in post 122217 said:
58050 in post 122216 said:

it's most important for users plaing this timetable to read the timetable data for every train, so you can make a note note of the route it is booked to go as well as if it is booked to recess anywhere en route. This is likely to impact on the return working as some trains are governed by rules in minutes which govern when the return working enters. This timrtable is NOT straightforward by any means. Incidentally Kev & I started a Thursday run through of this timetableearlier in the week just to make sure all is in order with the recent amendments.

It was 6M64, and I realized it was my mistake. It is supposed to spend 2 hours in the Milford Loop before heading to Castleford for the crew change. I completely overlooked that and sent it straight to Castleford.

1991 timetable 11/12/2019 at 17:36 #122225
KymriskaDraken
902 posts
swiftaw in post 122213 said:
I'm working my way through a Friday timetable and I've run into an issue. At around 16:00 0M06 comes out of Knottingley TMD to head to Milford Yard 11 to join 7K46. However there is no 7K46 in the yard, and when I look at the timetable entires, all the 7K46's in the list are FX.

Now, there is a 6K46 in the yard, but that shows no timetable.
We had a decision on the loco (Cl.58 or Cl.56) but nothing to sort the Day of the Week. Now fixed.

Kev

Last edited: 11/12/2019 at 17:42 by KymriskaDraken
Reason: None given

1991 timetable 09/01/2020 at 09:01 #122803
swiftaw
114 posts
I ran into the 2G60 bug that has been previously mentioned in this thread. Version 2.3 of the sim. I included a save game.

Also, a related question. Is 6K94 supposed to wait at WK6826 for 2G60 to clear the branch or are they supposed to pass at the loop?

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.