Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

Accidentally bought same license twice

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > License Manager > Accidentally bought same license twice

Page 1 of 1

Accidentally bought same license twice 18/07/2019 at 13:31 #119478
vloris
Avatar
29 posts
Hello all!

I just bought the license for the Strathfield sim, but when I went to the license manager to activate it I was surprised to find two licenses for Strathfield!
Checking on the simsig website actually shows me that I already bought it about a year ago (30/07/2018), but I seem to have forgotten...

Is there anyway I can get a refund on the accidentally re-purchased license?

(And, as a feature-request, maybe a warning on the website if you buy something you already bought before...)

Thanks for your help, tell me if you need more info from me!

Vloris.


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
Accidentally bought same license twice 18/07/2019 at 13:34 #119479
headshot119
Avatar
3260 posts
Online
If you would prefer to swap the license you have purchased for another one (Of the same £25 value) I can do that for you, just let me know which one you would like.

If you would prefer a refund I'll pass it on to GeoffM to look at.

"CHECK Do you stop at Capenhurst?" - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: vloris
Accidentally bought same license twice 18/07/2019 at 13:35 #119480
vloris
Avatar
29 posts
License swap... That sounds like a good option. I'll come back to you if I find something suitable!
Thanks for the quick reply!

--edit--

Sorry, I did have a look and there appears to be no other simulation worth GBP 25...
So I would like it refunded please.

Last edited: 18/07/2019 at 13:40 by vloris
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Accidentally bought same license twice 18/07/2019 at 15:54 #119483
headshot119
Avatar
3260 posts
Online
vloris in post 119480 said:
License swap... That sounds like a good option. I'll come back to you if I find something suitable!
Thanks for the quick reply!

--edit--

Sorry, I did have a look and there appears to be no other simulation worth GBP 25...
So I would like it refunded please.
I'll pass this to GeoffM to look at.

"CHECK Do you stop at Capenhurst?" - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Last edited: 18/07/2019 at 15:54 by headshot119
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Accidentally bought same license twice 19/07/2019 at 12:21 #119494
tynie123
Avatar
121 posts
is this something you can do?
Log in to reply
Accidentally bought same license twice 19/07/2019 at 13:18 #119495
Stephen Fulcher
Avatar
1478 posts
Judging by the fact that Karl has passed it to Geoff, it would be logical to conclude that it is not something he can do himself.
Log in to reply
Accidentally bought same license twice 19/07/2019 at 16:40 #119505
GeoffM
Avatar
4503 posts
Online
headshot119 in post 119483 said:
vloris in post 119480 said:
License swap... That sounds like a good option. I'll come back to you if I find something suitable!
Thanks for the quick reply!

--edit--

Sorry, I did have a look and there appears to be no other simulation worth GBP 25...
So I would like it refunded please.
I'll pass this to GeoffM to look at.
Looked at.

And done.

SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
Accidentally bought same license twice 19/07/2019 at 16:41 #119506
tynie123
Avatar
121 posts
Stephen Fulcher in post 119495 said:
Judging by the fact that Karl has passed it to Geoff, it would be logical to conclude that it is not something he can do himself.

I was just wondering if I could swap West Yorks for Vic Central. I hope that's ok with you.

Log in to reply
Accidentally bought same license twice 19/07/2019 at 16:46 #119507
headshot119
Avatar
3260 posts
Online
tynie123 in post 119506 said:
Stephen Fulcher in post 119495 said:
Judging by the fact that Karl has passed it to Geoff, it would be logical to conclude that it is not something he can do himself.

I was just wondering if I could swap West Yorks for Vic Central. I hope that's ok with you.
Unfortunately no, firstly as you were gifted West Yorkshire as part of a competition, and secondly as you've already allocated the license for the simulation.

"CHECK Do you stop at Capenhurst?" - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
The following users said thank you: Trainfan344, tynie123
Accidentally bought same license twice 19/07/2019 at 16:47 #119508
GeoffM
Avatar
4503 posts
Online
tynie123 in post 119506 said:
Stephen Fulcher in post 119495 said:
Judging by the fact that Karl has passed it to Geoff, it would be logical to conclude that it is not something he can do himself.

I was just wondering if I could swap West Yorks for Vic Central. I hope that's ok with you.
You can't swap a 3-month old used license for a different sim. Vloris' license was never used.

SimSig Boss
Last edited: 19/07/2019 at 19:48 by GeoffM
Reason: Clarification of why the difference

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Trainfan344
Accidentally bought same license twice 19/07/2019 at 16:47 #119509
tynie123
Avatar
121 posts
Thanks Geoff.
Log in to reply
Accidentally bought same license twice 19/07/2019 at 19:33 #119514
tynie123
Avatar
121 posts
I will get to grips with it.. cheers.
Log in to reply