Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

1X01 2345 North Pole International to North Pole International

You are here: Home > Forum > General > Temporary postings > 1X01 2345 North Pole International to North Pole International

Page 1 of 1

1X01 2345 North Pole International to North Pole International 24/12/2019 at 19:36 #122479
postal
Avatar
4200 posts
At platform awaiting departure.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/S73184/2019-12-24/detailed

"No question is too stupid, there are just some stupid answers" - Dr. Michael Reece, 12/08/1927 - 03/06/2019. Electrical engineer and inventor
Log in to reply
1X01 2345 North Pole International to North Pole International 24/12/2019 at 22:20 #122493
Steamer
Avatar
3154 posts
Online
Partially cancelled as Santa's new Swiss sleigh is banned east of Norwich; service also expected to be subject to short-notice cancellations in the north of England due to a lack of qualified train crew.
"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: jc92
1X01 2345 North Pole International to North Pole International 24/12/2019 at 22:26 #122494
jc92
Avatar
2913 posts
Online
Steamer in post 122493 said:
Partially cancelled as Santa's new Swiss sleigh is banned east of Norwich; service also expected to be subject to short-notice cancellations in the north of England due to a lack of qualified train crew.
Most northern crews only sign elk apparently.

I'm predicting delays due to ERTMS issues on the cambrian

Log in to reply
1X01 2345 North Pole International to North Pole International 24/12/2019 at 22:38 #122495
Steamer
Avatar
3154 posts
Online
jc92 in post 122494 said:
Steamer in post 122493 said:
Partially cancelled as Santa's new Swiss sleigh is banned east of Norwich; service also expected to be subject to short-notice cancellations in the north of England due to a lack of qualified train crew.
Most northern crews only sign elk apparently.
TPE's "sNova" training program also running behind, I believe.

(I'll get my coat)

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Last edited: 24/12/2019 at 22:39 by Steamer
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
1X01 2345 North Pole International to North Pole International 25/12/2019 at 00:05 #122500
DaveHarries
Avatar
1021 posts
Cancelled from London Paddington due to engineering works between Slough and Paddington closing all lines.

Dave

Log in to reply
1X01 2345 North Pole International to North Pole International 25/12/2019 at 03:23 #122504
JWNoctis
Avatar
39 posts
So this is the Travelling Santa Problem...there must be a Greater Way Round though! Or, at least, shorter.

But did they break out enough MGR hoppers for all the coal? No truer MGR operation had ever existed. ;)

Merry Christmas!

Log in to reply
1X01 2345 North Pole International to North Pole International 26/12/2019 at 21:10 #122559
andyb0607
Avatar
237 posts
Out of interest does this train actually display on CIS at stations? Never been near enough to a station at that time on Christmas Eve to look!
Log in to reply
1X01 2345 North Pole International to North Pole International 26/12/2019 at 21:28 #122560
Steamer
Avatar
3154 posts
Online
andyb0607 in post 122559 said:
Out of interest does this train actually display on CIS at stations? Never been near enough to a station at that time on Christmas Eve to look!
As far as I can tell, the schedule is put on RTT by Tom Cairns, who runs the site. It's not actually in Network Rail's system.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply