Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

McSim updates

You are here: Home > Forum > General > Temporary postings > McSim updates

Page 1 of 1

McSim updates 26/03/2020 at 09:24 #125030
Peter Bennet
Avatar
4691 posts
As many have noted in the shoutbox there's been a number of updates to the McSims.
Most of the updates are not that exciting, just tweaks and fixes that have been reported since the last release.

It had been my intention to issue updates to them all (except Cathcart as there were no fixes required) but for technical reasons Motherwell and Edinburgh have been delayed.

Motherwell because it contains a feature that is not supported currently and Edinburgh because of a continuing problem getting the ARS to regulate the trains.

Two (rather bizarre) problems have since been found with the OH in Cowlairs and CScot and further updates will follow after I've given you a chance to find other issues.

John (Postal) has been through all the 2006 timetables and ensured they are fully compatible with all the new features that we have in timetabling most of which are beyond my comprehension so don't expect me to explain anything further on that.

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Log in to reply
McSim updates 26/03/2020 at 09:47 #125032
postal
Avatar
4049 posts
Peter Bennet in post 125030 said:
John (Postal) has been through all the 2006 timetables and ensured they are fully compatible with all the new features that we have in timetabling most of which are beyond my comprehension so don't expect me to explain anything further on that.
And that they are compatible one with another at the sim interfaces. That work was made much easier thanks to some software Jamie (9pN1SEAp) has put together that takes the TTs for two interfacing sims and compares the data for trains passing over the interface. Thanks to Jamie for that.

"No question is too stupid, there are just some stupid answers" - Dr. Michael Reece, 12/08/1927 - 03/06/2019. Electrical engineer and inventor
Log in to reply
McSim updates 26/03/2020 at 12:48 #125039
DaveHarries
Avatar
981 posts
Peter Bennet in post 125030 said:
Motherwell because it contains a feature that is not supported currently and Edinburgh because of a continuing problem getting the ARS to regulate the trains.

That hitch with Motherwell sounds interesting. Can't wait for the Edinburgh update though: it will be good to have a McMegachain.

Dave

Log in to reply
McSim updates 26/03/2020 at 13:11 #125040
jc92
Avatar
2801 posts
DaveHarries in post 125039 said:
Peter Bennet in post 125030 said:
Motherwell because it contains a feature that is not supported currently and Edinburgh because of a continuing problem getting the ARS to regulate the trains.

That hitch with Motherwell sounds interesting. Can't wait for the Edinburgh update though: it will be good to have a McMegachain.

Dave
I reckon NESCOT, Cscot, motherwell, Carlisle and Cathcart already counts, and with a train running the full distance Carnforth to Aberdeen and Inverness.

Log in to reply
McSim updates 26/03/2020 at 13:17 #125041
postal
Avatar
4049 posts
jc92 in post 125040 said:
..... and Inverness.
Well Stanley or Kittybrewster anyway!

"No question is too stupid, there are just some stupid answers" - Dr. Michael Reece, 12/08/1927 - 03/06/2019. Electrical engineer and inventor
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: jc92
McSim updates 26/03/2020 at 14:00 #125043
Peter Bennet
Avatar
4691 posts
DaveHarries in post 125039 said:

That hitch with Motherwell sounds interesting. Can't wait for the Edinburgh update though: it will be good to have a McMegachain.

Dave
It's really not - it's very very under the bonnet stuff that the compiler chews up.

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Log in to reply
McSim updates 28/03/2020 at 08:14 #125098
geswedey
Avatar
94 posts
Peter Bennet in post 125030 said:
As many have noted in the shoutbox there's been a number of updates to the McSims.
Most of the updates are not that exciting, just tweaks and fixes that have been reported since the last release.



Two (rather bizarre) problems have since been found with the OH in Cowlairs and CScot and further updates will follow after I've given you a chance to find other issues.



Peter
Presume OH issue is trains stopping in illogical places and saying incompatible traction, happens to me with some 2V and 2F trains in cowlairs

Log in to reply
McSim updates 28/03/2020 at 08:22 #125099
Peter Bennet
Avatar
4691 posts
geswedey in post 125098 said:
Peter Bennet in post 125030 said:
As many have noted in the shoutbox there's been a number of updates to the McSims.
Most of the updates are not that exciting, just tweaks and fixes that have been reported since the last release.



Two (rather bizarre) problems have since been found with the OH in Cowlairs and CScot and further updates will follow after I've given you a chance to find other issues.



Peter

Presume OH issue is trains stopping in illogical places and saying incompatible traction, happens to me with some 2V and 2F trains in cowlairs
Yes, though I'm only aware of a place (singular) on the Dn Stepps on Cowlairs and at Grangemouth Jn on CScot. Are there others?

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Log in to reply
McSim updates 28/03/2020 at 08:36 #125101
geswedey
Avatar
94 posts
Down Stepps agreed, and UP Perth at Gartsherrie South Junction

Glyn

Log in to reply
McSim updates 28/03/2020 at 08:52 #125103
Peter Bennet
Avatar
4691 posts
geswedey in post 125101 said:
Down Stepps agreed, and UP Perth at Gartsherrie South Junction

Glyn
Interesting - that's the first TC in the TC file as is the Grangemouth one in CSCOT.

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Log in to reply
McSim updates 29/03/2020 at 17:34 #125138
Peter Bennet
Avatar
4691 posts
Can someone just confirm exactly what was in the recent McSim update please?
There should have been Cowlairs, NEScot, CSCOT, Paisley Sims (Motherwell has since been fixed too).
Also John's revised timetable for all the above plus Cathcart.

Because I have the master builds I'm never quite sure what is available or not but the version numbers don't seem right as far as I can see.
Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Log in to reply
McSim updates 29/03/2020 at 17:55 #125139
Steamer
Avatar
3103 posts
Online
Cathcart 4.2
CScot 4.6
Cowlairs 4.6
Motherwell 4.4
NEScot 4.4
Paisley 4.7

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
McSim updates 29/03/2020 at 19:16 #125142
madaboutrains
Avatar
253 posts
Hi all,

I have been been putting a timetable together using January 2020's timings noticed the follwing issues which I was wondering could be resolved?

- Trains going from ...Cambuslang, Newton West Jn. Newton East Jn, Uddingston, Uddingston Jn, Bellshill... do not seem to step up the timetables from Newton East Jn. Services not turning left at Uddingston seem to be fine.

- Allanton Loop when as passing point ARS pulls off to go through the loop - Guess a simple fix is to only use the loop for services booked to use it.

Log in to reply
McSim updates 29/03/2020 at 19:57 #125143
Hap
Avatar
344 posts
madaboutrains in post 125142 said:
Hi all,

I have been been putting a timetable together using January 2020's timings noticed the follwing issues which I was wondering could be resolved?

- Trains going from ...Cambuslang, Newton West Jn. Newton East Jn, Uddingston, Uddingston Jn, Bellshill... do not seem to step up the timetables from Newton East Jn. Services not turning left at Uddingston seem to be fine.

- Allanton Loop when as passing point ARS pulls off to go through the loop - Guess a simple fix is to only use the loop for services booked to use it.
I don't think you need to put in Allanton Loop into the TT if trains aren't stopping to pass another service. Just Chatelherault - Merryton.

HAP
Log in to reply
McSim updates 29/03/2020 at 22:51 #125148
bill_gensheet
Avatar
376 posts
madaboutrains in post 125142 said:
Hi all,

I have been been putting a timetable together using January 2020's timings noticed the follwing issues which I was wondering could be resolved?

- Trains going from ...Cambuslang, Newton West Jn. Newton East Jn, Uddingston, Uddingston Jn, Bellshill... do not seem to step up the timetables from Newton East Jn. Services not turning left at Uddingston seem to be fine.
Try
Cambuslang
Newton [UM]
Uddingston
Uddingston Jn
Bellshill

instead of Newton W and E
Does the train go 'non-ARS ?

[edited]

Bill

Last edited: 30/03/2020 at 01:35 by bill_gensheet
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
McSim updates 29/03/2020 at 22:59 #125150
postal
Avatar
4049 posts
madaboutrains in post 125142 said:
Hi all,

I have been been putting a timetable together using January 2020's timings noticed the follwing issues which I was wondering could be resolved?

- Trains going from ...Cambuslang, Newton West Jn. Newton East Jn, Uddingston, Uddingston Jn, Bellshill... do not seem to step up the timetables from Newton East Jn. Services not turning left at Uddingston seem to be fine.

- Allanton Loop when as passing point ARS pulls off to go through the loop - Guess a simple fix is to only use the loop for services booked to use it.
Further to the responses from Hap and bill_gensheet, it is always worth looking at other TTs supplied for the sim just to check how they are managing to make things work properly.

"No question is too stupid, there are just some stupid answers" - Dr. Michael Reece, 12/08/1927 - 03/06/2019. Electrical engineer and inventor
Log in to reply
McSim updates 30/03/2020 at 18:26 #125169
DaveHarries
Avatar
981 posts
Glad to see that further updates have been put out for Cowlairs and Central Scotland sims, plus an update for Motherwell.

Dave

Log in to reply