Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

Chester FAQ

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Chester > Chester FAQ

Page 1 of 2

Chester FAQ 29/06/2020 at 14:27 #128520
headshot119
Avatar
4444 posts
Online
Chester Frequently Asked Questions

Do you think you've found a bug? Or do you have a problem running the simulation, check through this thread first.

Remember timetables are dealt with in the relevant timetable thread.

Please read the following information:-

- The Halton curve is only available in one direction (towards Liverpool) in the 2006 era, it is only bi-directional in the 2018 era.

- Opposing routes into platform 3 require the first train to occupy the platform track for 90 seconds before the opposing route can be set.

- When chaining to North East Wales you must select the correct era on both simulations

"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 29/06/2020 at 20:09 #128550
tynie123
Avatar
228 posts
headshot119 in post 128520 said:
Chester Frequently Asked Questions

Do you think you've found a bug? Or do you have a problem running the simulation, check through this thread first.

Remember timetables are dealt with in the relevant timetable thread.

Please read the following information:-

- The Halton curve is only available in one direction (towards Liverpool) in the 2006 era, it is only bi-directional in the 2018 era.

- Opposing routes into platform 3 require the first train to occupy the platform track for 90 seconds before the opposing route can be set.

- When chaining to North East Wales you must select the correct era on both simulations
Hi mate I have tried to play the sim twice but a message flashes up about 20 mins in to say "licence removed from this machine". Seconds later game closes down, completely. No time to screen shot..

Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 29/06/2020 at 20:13 #128552
headshot119
Avatar
4444 posts
Online
It looks like you're locking your licenses for other sims, but haven't done for Chester. Licenses aren't related to the sim, you'd be better asking this in the V5 loader thread.
"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 29/06/2020 at 20:16 #128553
tynie123
Avatar
228 posts
headshot119 in post 128552 said:
It looks like you're locking your licenses for other sims, but haven't done for Chester. Licenses aren't related to the sim, you'd be better asking this in the V5 loader thread.
Locked it now. Will give it a bash tomorrow. Cheers.

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: headshot119
Chester FAQ 30/06/2020 at 19:49 #128653
elltrain3
Avatar
330 posts
How does one acess the "Goods Warehouse" In the TT editor, there is no option for the shunt neck? am i missing something?
Resident Mock Maker! / "The Out Of Control Host"
Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 30/06/2020 at 20:01 #128658
headshot119
Avatar
4444 posts
Online
elltrain3 in post 128653 said:
How does one acess the "Goods Warehouse" In the TT editor, there is no option for the shunt neck? am i missing something?
For a train from the RCP line

Entry point - Chester RCP Line (451) [or is it 541?]
Timing Point - Chester Goods Warehouse

For a train from the Goods Warehouse

Entry point - Chester Goods Warehouse
Timing Point - Chester RCP Line

Note it's an exit location so trains will fall off the sim

"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Last edited: 30/06/2020 at 20:03 by headshot119
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 30/06/2020 at 20:05 #128660
elltrain3
Avatar
330 posts
Thanks, i thought a shunt from Mickle Trafford - The Goods Warehouse (Or Tamper siding as it is now) would be a reverse move but you have to do 2 separate trains as its an entry/exit point!

Cheers

Resident Mock Maker! / "The Out Of Control Host"
Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 06/07/2020 at 20:29 #129175
Trainfan344
Avatar
256 posts
If a train is waiting for the single line at Mouldsworth towards Chester/Mickle Trafford and a second train enters the approach berth from Greenbank the second train overwrites the TD at Mouldsworth.
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: headshot119
Chester FAQ 06/07/2020 at 20:36 #129178
Splodge
Avatar
598 posts
Trainfan344 in post 129175 said:
If a train is waiting for the single line at Mouldsworth towards Chester/Mickle Trafford and a second train enters the approach berth from Greenbank the second train overwrites the TD at Mouldsworth.
Wrong forum, but the same happens on Metrolink from Timperley if they enter close together.

There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 06/07/2020 at 20:37 #129179
Stephen Fulcher
Avatar
1844 posts
Can I suggest posting that on the right forum?
Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 06/07/2020 at 20:37 #129180
Hap
Avatar
699 posts
Splodge in post 129178 said:
Trainfan344 in post 129175 said:
If a train is waiting for the single line at Mouldsworth towards Chester/Mickle Trafford and a second train enters the approach berth from Greenbank the second train overwrites the TD at Mouldsworth.
Wrong forum, but the same happens on Metrolink from Timperley if they enter close together.
Known issue. Mantis 30264. resolved for next release.

HAP
Log in to reply
The following users said thank you: Splodge, Trainfan344
Chester FAQ 10/07/2020 at 07:44 #129415
swiftaw
Avatar
241 posts
Online
I had a question about the Merseyrail trains from Chester and Ellesmere Port (I am running the 2019 timetable, but I assume the 2015 one is similar). It seems that most of these services are either Chester-Chester (2CXX) or Ellesmere Port-Ellesmere Port (2YXX), which means that the train starts on the sim, heads off the Rock Ferry, leaves the sim for a while to run around the Liverpool loop, then re-enters at Rock Ferry a little while later.

As such is train requires two entries in the TT. However, I can't see anything in the TT that prevents the 2nd entry entering too soon, particularly if the first entry is delayed. Am I missing something?

Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 10/07/2020 at 08:26 #129417
Stephen Fulcher
Avatar
1844 posts
I haven’t looked personally, but I suspect this will be managed by rules
Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 10/07/2020 at 08:49 #129418
swiftaw
Avatar
241 posts
Online
Stephen Fulcher in post 129417 said:
I haven’t looked personally, but I suspect this will be managed by rules
I looked in the Rules tab of the TT and didn't see anything.

Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 10/07/2020 at 09:10 #129419
headshot119
Avatar
4444 posts
Online
swiftaw in post 129415 said:
I had a question about the Merseyrail trains from Chester and Ellesmere Port (I am running the 2019 timetable, but I assume the 2015 one is similar). It seems that most of these services are either Chester-Chester (2CXX) or Ellesmere Port-Ellesmere Port (2YXX), which means that the train starts on the sim, heads off the Rock Ferry, leaves the sim for a while to run around the Liverpool loop, then re-enters at Rock Ferry a little while later.

As such is train requires two entries in the TT. However, I can't see anything in the TT that prevents the 2nd entry entering too soon, particularly if the first entry is delayed. Am I missing something?
There's nothing in the timetable to specifically manage this, primarily as during disruption Merseyrail have a range of options to bring things back on time, including using the hot spare at Birkenhead Central.

"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
The following users said thank you: Meld, sunocske
Chester FAQ 02/11/2020 at 11:13 #133474
beast66606
Avatar
4 posts
Minor Bug :

For trains approaching Hooton which are to take the Ellesmere Port line, the sim holds the junction signal (209) to red whereas it's a free signal and will clear (provided the line is clear obviously) to either yellow or green as appropriate. I thought this may have been changed on the prototype when Hooton box was abolished and Chester took control (I moved out of the area 10 years ago now) but I've just had my son check it out (as he was in the area anyway) and sure enough 209 signal cleared to green with the feather, even though the Ellesmere Port train was still back at Bromborough Rake.

Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 02/11/2020 at 15:57 #133481
jc92
Avatar
3476 posts
Online
beast66606 in post 133474 said:
Minor Bug :

For trains approaching Hooton which are to take the Ellesmere Port line, the sim holds the junction signal (209) to red whereas it's a free signal and will clear (provided the line is clear obviously) to either yellow or green as appropriate. I thought this may have been changed on the prototype when Hooton box was abolished and Chester took control (I moved out of the area 10 years ago now) but I've just had my son check it out (as he was in the area anyway) and sure enough 209 signal cleared to green with the feather, even though the Ellesmere Port train was still back at Bromborough Rake.
Thanks. looking at the line speed through the station throat area, it makes sense that approach control would be redundant here. Mantis 31920 for attention.

"We don't stop camborne wednesdays"
Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 03/11/2020 at 18:23 #133498
Edgemaster
Avatar
332 posts
I sourced the 1985 Hooton control tables from the National Archives. As originally installed, 209 was approach controlled unless Line Clear had been given on the Down Helsby. However, these plans can't say anything about what controls are in place since 2013 when the line was converted from AB to TCB working and control moved from Hooton SB to Hooton panel in Chester PSB.
Twitter
Last edited: 03/11/2020 at 18:57 by Edgemaster
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 03/11/2020 at 19:46 #133502
Albert
Avatar
1306 posts
Online
If I interpret that table correctly the route was approach controlled only if 219 is red, so the sim doesn't match the control table either (regardless of whether this table is representative for the simulated era.)
AJP in games
Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 03/11/2020 at 20:06 #133504
Edgemaster
Avatar
332 posts
Albert in post 133502 said:
If I interpret that table correctly the route was approach controlled only if 219 is red, so the sim doesn't match the control table either (regardless of whether this table is representative for the simulated era.)

Assuming you mean 217 instead of 219. No controls are given for 217, it could be assumed that it clears automatically with line clear for the purpose of the sim (as no AB control is provided for this fringe in the 2006 era).

Twitter
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Albert
Chester FAQ 06/03/2021 at 12:07 #137657
DonRiver
Avatar
116 posts
I didn't spot it in the manual - I'd like to set a sound effect for the Hawarden aerodrome alert. Is it one of the sim-specific messages?
Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 06/03/2021 at 12:13 #137658
headshot119
Avatar
4444 posts
Online
The Hawarden aerodrome emergency alarm, and the other box to box emergency alarms all use the equipment failure message type, so you'd need to have a sounds assigned to that.
"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: DonRiver
Chester FAQ 19/03/2021 at 14:26 #137971
northroad
Avatar
853 posts
Quick question for the Chester sim. Does it chain with North Wales coast or not. The manual on the wiki seems to indicate it does but the wiki on North Wales coast seems to indicate it does not.

Geoff

Never apologise son, it's a sign of weakness (John Wayne)
Log in to reply
Chester FAQ 19/03/2021 at 14:42 #137972
Meld
Avatar
997 posts
northroad in post 137971 said:
Quick question for the Chester sim. Does it chain with North Wales coast or not. The manual on the wiki seems to indicate it does but the wiki on North Wales coast seems to indicate it does not.

Geoff
NWC manual has been amended suitably

Passed the age to be doing 'Spoon Feeding' !!!
Log in to reply
The following users said thank you: headshot119, northroad, Steamer
Chester FAQ 31/03/2022 at 23:07 #145982
9pN1SEAp
Avatar
790 posts
Online
Hi,

Trains entering from Wrexham do not step up from Wrexham North Junction (in 2018 era, not checked earlier) if that location is timetabled. Timetables with that as their first passing location before Rossett Jn are shown as valid.

Thanks
Jamie

Jamie S (JAMS)
Log in to reply