Upcoming Games

Full list
Add a game

Server down?

You are here: Home > Forum > General > Temporary postings > Server down?

Page 1 of 1

Server down? 30/07/2020 at 14:40 #130172
postal
4321 posts
For the last 3 hours(ish) my loader has been throwing an "unable to connect to server" message. Is the server down or do I have a problem?
“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Server down? 30/07/2020 at 14:46 #130173
postal
4321 posts
Within five minutes of posting am now able to connect.

Happy for mods to take down thread.

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Last edited: 30/07/2020 at 14:47 by postal
Reason: None given

Server down? 30/07/2020 at 17:28 #130184
GeoffM
5100 posts
Looking through the log files I can see no gap in service. Plenty of users online, allocating licenses, purchasing things, in the 3 hours before your first post.

The fact you were able to post "is the server down" on the server suggests that no, it is not down.

SimSig Boss
Server down? 30/07/2020 at 18:47 #130187
postal
4321 posts
Wasn't sure whether the sever for the site and server for the sims were using the same infrastructure. Handy check next time I get the "not connecting" message.

It's a bit of a pain when my machine won't connect as it throws up the "no licence" message when I try and load a sim and I can't get on with whatever I was hoping to do. Is there a workround for that situation?

Server down? 30/07/2020 at 19:23 #130190
GeoffM
5100 posts
postal in post 130187 said:
It's a bit of a pain when my machine won't connect as it throws up the "no licence" message when I try and load a sim and I can't get on with whatever I was hoping to do. Is there a workround for that situation?
If others are connecting fine (which I can see they were) and you're not, then unfortunately it's outside of my control. Could be your ISP, could be WiFi (if applicable), could be anything between SimSigLoader.exe (exclusive) and the data centre (exclusive).

SimSig Boss
Server down? 30/07/2020 at 21:46 #130193
postal
4321 posts
I was more interested in whether it would be possible to run a sim properly if a connection was not being made.
Server down? 30/07/2020 at 22:18 #130197
swiftaw
117 posts
postal in post 130193 said:
I was more interested in whether it would be possible to run a sim properly if a connection was not being made.
If you lock the sims to your machine, they will(should) run completely offline.

Server down? 30/07/2020 at 22:31 #130198
jc92
3065 posts
swiftaw in post 130197 said:
postal in post 130193 said:
If you lock the sims to your machine, they will(should) run completely offline.
No use to testers though as The licencing structure works differently.

The following user said thank you: postal
Server down? 31/07/2020 at 00:42 #130201
Terry
111 posts
I feel I must contribute to this issue. Since the advent of the recently updated loader, I have noticed the loss of my licence facility whenever my server fails to provide an internet connection, which is fairly common where I currently reside. The loss does not happen immediately but some time after the internet goes down. This is most irritating as I do not recall this problem occurring before the arrival of the current loader v.5.3.

Terry.

Server down? 31/07/2020 at 00:45 #130202
pedroathome
638 posts
Terry in post 130201 said:
I feel I must contribute to this issue. Since the advent of the recently updated loader, I have noticed the loss of my licence facility whenever my server fails to provide an internet connection, which is fairly common where I currently reside. The loss does not happen immediately but some time after the internet goes down. This is most irritating as I do not recall this problem occurring before the arrival of the current loader v.5.3.

Terry.
I can't comment for the issue in hand, however, if you right click on the simulation, you can lock a licence to your computer. It becomes very helpful when your internet doesn't know weather to be connected, disconnected, or somewhere in the middle (Looking at you, my internet connection a couple weeks back)

The following user said thank you: Terry