Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Issues with forced exit

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > License Manager > Issues with forced exit

Page 1 of 1

Issues with forced exit 09/08/2020 at 23:23 #130529
StepSig
Avatar
3 posts
I have received (due to having my router restarted unexpectedly - I suppose there's a reason why altering the WiFi settings involves breaking the Ethernet) a licence removed from machine message, telling me it has saved the sim and then dumping me out of the program, however it appears not to have saved the timetable I was working on when this happened. Is there any way to get this back? Don't think this is relevant but I received a log file too large error on restarting SimSig, and it needs updating - I'm currently on V5.3 (Wimbledon 1.4), will hold off the update for the moment in case this gets rid of any chance I've got of retrieving it. I know I should have saved it, but I hadn't realised it would be a problem.
Log in to reply
Issues with forced exit 09/08/2020 at 23:25 #130530
headshot119
Avatar
3749 posts
Online
The timetable you had been working on will be included in the save game created when SimSig closed down. If you load that saved game up, you should be able to go into timetable, save as, and create a copy of it to continue working on.
"As the last track dropped, and the route became free, came the cry BROMLEY " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: StepSig
Issues with forced exit 10/08/2020 at 09:04 #130533
StepSig
Avatar
3 posts
It does seem obvious now you've said it that you'd need to have the up to date timetable in a saved simulation - thanks
Log in to reply
Issues with forced exit 10/08/2020 at 09:19 #130534
postal
Avatar
4351 posts
StepSig in post 130533 said:
It does seem obvious now you've said it that you'd need to have the up to date timetable in a saved simulation - thanks
But that does bring its own problems when you are working on a TT as it is easy to get out of sync. Consider the following scenario: you snapshot the game you are running, edit the TT, save it, then close down the session without further saving the game. If you then reload from your earlier save the game holds the TT in its pre-edit stage. If you do some more TT editing then save the TT you over-write the copy of the TT on your hard disk and lose the edits from the previous session. You do need to make sure you keep things in sync or you can lose changes that you think are saved (been there, done that . . . . ).

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Log in to reply
Issues with forced exit 10/08/2020 at 18:40 #130546
bill_gensheet
Avatar
534 posts
The other one to be aware of is that running a timetable (except in 'perfect' mode) will get you train entry delays, and these save with the timetable.
So when you rerun the timetable from the beginning, some trains will be late on entry even in a perfect scenario.

Log in to reply
Issues with forced exit 10/08/2020 at 18:50 #130547
Steamer
Avatar
3296 posts
Online
bill_gensheet in post 130546 said:
The other one to be aware of is that running a timetable (except in 'perfect' mode) will get you train entry delays, and these save with the timetable.
So when you rerun the timetable from the beginning, some trains will be late on entry even in a perfect scenario.
No, they don't. That used to be the case, but was fixed years ago- I think pre-Loader.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
Issues with forced exit 10/08/2020 at 19:53 #130548
postal
Avatar
4351 posts
Steamer in post 130547 said:
bill_gensheet in post 130546 said:
The other one to be aware of is that running a timetable (except in 'perfect' mode) will get you train entry delays, and these save with the timetable.
So when you rerun the timetable from the beginning, some trains will be late on entry even in a perfect scenario.
No, they don't. That used to be the case, but was fixed years ago- I think pre-Loader.
Indeed so. Each time a saved game is loaded the core code does a recast of the train delays. It means you don't get a Groundhog day - the downside is that when you have a problem or bug you can't reload a save and guarantee the same problem.

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Log in to reply