Upcoming Games

Upcoming Events

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Phone rings one last time when I hang up, also, caller ID?

You are here: Home > Forum > General > Features wish list > Phone rings one last time when I hang up, also, caller ID?

Page 1 of 1

Phone rings one last time when I hang up, also, caller ID? 19/09/2020 at 17:35 #132610
DonRiver
Avatar
42 posts
Is there a way to stop the ringing-phone sound file playing one last time when you pick your answer and hang up the phone?

I think SimSig is using the same sound effect for when the phone is ringing, and for the message going into the message-box at the end of the call...

Also, would it be possible to work in a caller-ID feature - showing the location of the caller when it's a crossing or a yard, and either the signalpost number or the train description depending on era when it's traincrew calling? Thinking this could go alongside the phone button on the control panel or on the button itself if it were wider!


Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Log in to reply
Phone rings one last time when I hang up, also, caller ID? 20/09/2020 at 12:02 #132619
Splodge
Avatar
514 posts
Sounds like some testing is taking place today with the fault possibly found. Trains passing through the area are showing on track diagrams again which is some progress!
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: DonRiver
Phone rings one last time when I hang up, also, caller ID? 20/09/2020 at 12:59 #132620
postal
Avatar
4374 posts
Online
Splodge in post 132619 said:
Sounds like some testing is taking place today with the fault possibly found. Trains passing through the area are showing on track diagrams again which is some progress!
Is this a response to the Manchester South fault (19 Sept) topic?

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Last edited: 20/09/2020 at 12:59 by postal
Reason: None given

Log in to reply
Phone rings one last time when I hang up, also, caller ID? 20/09/2020 at 14:05 #132621
Splodge
Avatar
514 posts
Yes - the perils of multiple tabs! Apologies.

Although whilst in this thread, could the telephone ringing noise be made to toggle between 'ring once' and 'constant' - I like to know I have a new call when I don't see the icon flashing, but don't want to be notified constantly until answering - whilst the constant is naturally more true to life, a lot of simsig calls are the modern equivalent of 'SG' which wouldn't come with ringing on the signallers base.

There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Log in to reply
Phone rings one last time when I hang up, also, caller ID? 20/09/2020 at 18:17 #132625
Hawk777
Avatar
359 posts
DonRiver in post 132610 said:
Also, would it be possible to work in a caller-ID feature - showing the location of the caller when it's a crossing or a yard, and either the signalpost number or the train description depending on era when it's traincrew calling? Thinking this could go alongside the phone button on the control panel or on the button itself if it were wider!
If you click on the telephone button rather than pressing the A shortcut key, you get a window containing a list of everyone trying to phone you with some sort of name displayed for each (TD for trains, “Technician” for techs reporting fixed failures, not sure what the others show). You can even choose which call to answer!

Log in to reply
Phone rings one last time when I hang up, also, caller ID? 20/09/2020 at 19:11 #132626
DonRiver
Avatar
42 posts
Hawk777 in post 132625 said:
If you click on the telephone button rather than pressing the A shortcut key, you get a window containing a list of everyone trying to phone you
…how on earth did I forget that Thanks Hawk!

Log in to reply