Upcoming Games

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Not another Kings Cross Timetable... KGX Platform Blockades

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Timetables > King's Cross > Not another Kings Cross Timetable... KGX Platform Blockades

Page 1 of 1

Not another Kings Cross Timetable... KGX Platform Blockades 01/03/2021 at 14:22 #137532
chrisdmadd
163 posts
Ok so this may be a duplicate idea of the recent Kings Cross Covid TT suggestion but this one certainly comes with a twist.

It’s going to replicate the Easter Friday Kings cross platform blockade. (Which is in force as of today)

With LNER, Thames link and Grand Central all running services into kings cross but with only platforms 7-11 available (only 2 platforms for LNER) this could make for interesting play.

Look out for further updates.

The following users said thank you: Dionysusnu, Connerbates, andyallen4014, bri2808, as1981
Not another Kings Cross Timetable... KGX Platform Blockades 02/03/2021 at 14:37 #137545
DavidSplett
123 posts
Excellent news. I still have a September 2020 (Covid) and December 2020 KX timetables under test. They're both completed, however due to domestic issues I haven't had much if any time to test them. The Covid one should be released shortly, however December 2020 will be a while yet.

I'm not sure if this is something that's easily able to be done, however the December 2020 timetable runs with a block taken for King's Cross platform 0. Would this be able to be considered to be added as a scenario in any future KX sim version? Presumably same could be done for the platform 0-6 closure now in force. Just a thought, if it's something the developers would be able to consider.

Last edited: 02/03/2021 at 14:40 by DavidSplett
Reason: None given

Not another Kings Cross Timetable... KGX Platform Blockades 02/03/2021 at 15:15 #137546
Dionysusnu
210 posts
If you're feeling sadistical, run this TT with the gasworks tunnels scenario. Should be some good fun.
Not another Kings Cross Timetable... KGX Platform Blockades 02/03/2021 at 23:29 #137560
chrisdmadd
163 posts
What id do in that case (and what i will do with this TT) is put notes out to say you must block platform 0 with a T3 possession using the incident manager in game.

With my TT im planning on including a document which tells you which lines and platforms to block before carrying out this TT.

In response to the Gasworks tunnel scenario being used you simply couldnt do that but the Fast Lines are currently closed. So its 2 lines in and 2 lines out with 5 platforms.

Not another Kings Cross Timetable... KGX Platform Blockades 03/03/2021 at 15:49 #137570
clive
2312 posts
DavidSplett in post 137545 said:

I'm not sure if this is something that's easily able to be done, however the December 2020 timetable runs with a block taken for King's Cross platform 0. Would this be able to be considered to be added as a scenario in any future KX sim version? Presumably same could be done for the platform 0-6 closure now in force. Just a thought, if it's something the developers would be able to consider.
I have no power to do that for King's Cross, but my long-term plans include adding the ability for a timetable author to create things like blockages.

The following users said thank you: DavidSplett, chrisdmadd
Not another Kings Cross Timetable... KGX Platform Blockades Today at 12:00 #138586
chrisdmadd
163 posts
Here is the manual that will accompany the Timetable, further edits will take place but here’s something to wet your appetite.

Complete with engineering possession information and TSRs should you wish to include these.

It’s a real guide to the goings on for this Fridays Timetable.

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Last edited: Today at 12:26 by chrisdmadd
Reason: None given