Upcoming Games

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

A little Mock-SimSig Fun!

You are here: Home > Forum > Wishlist > Simulation wish list > A little Mock-SimSig Fun!

Page 10 of 10

A little Mock-SimSig Fun! 03/07/2021 at 10:50 #140316
elltrain3
223 posts
ah yes i was wondering, assumed they had thanks for the update
"The Out-of-control Host"
A little Mock-SimSig Fun! 03/07/2021 at 12:20 #140317
ajax103
882 posts
miker15 in post 140315 said:
While you are making the changes brought on by the previous comments, I think you will find that the sidings at Little Barford PS have been lifted
Since when?

Last I remember was yes the junction had been plain lined but you could still see the remains of the sidings with track still in place.

A little Mock-SimSig Fun! 05/07/2021 at 08:11 #140344
kbarber
1567 posts
ajax103 in post 140317 said:
miker15 in post 140315 said:
While you are making the changes brought on by the previous comments, I think you will find that the sidings at Little Barford PS have been lifted
Since when?

Last I remember was yes the junction had been plain lined but you could still see the remains of the sidings with track still in place.
Yes, but once the access has been permanently plain-lined the sidings will (usually) disappear from the signalling system. (The exception, of course, is when a signal with lamp proving controls the outlet and someone decides the locking alterations are too expensive, hence the photos of signals still alight in the middle of a jungle and with something blocking the line in advance. But IIRC that's not the situation at Barford.

A little Mock-SimSig Fun! 08/07/2021 at 16:41 #140478
elltrain3
223 posts
Following AJ's Request Here is Ely - Norwich (Both Exclusive)
I've also changed "RAI - LWR - CLR" to OPEN - CLOSE and LOCK to simulate the manual gates along this line!
Covering the Boxes at:

Wymondham South Junc (W)
A Small little box fringing with Norwich (may add a TD When I make Norwich)
has a few semaphores, and the branch to the Mid-Norfolk Railway too!

Spooners Row (SP)
Another simple gate box!

Attleborough (A)
Another fun little gate box with X-over

Eccles Road (ER)
Again small block post + Crossing with a fun Private Siding!

Harling Road (HR)
Another small block post on something that seems a pattern on this line of small little boxes that simply passed trains through their sections and over their crossing day-in-day-out for their entire lives, and was a great shame all these boxes vanished in 2012 was a line lost in time! and a way of life we'll never see again :(

Thetford (T)
Another box but without a crossing this time! just a co-acting semaphore (it was only 1 of 4 remaining when it was in situ , though since then we only have 2 left!)

Brandon (B)
A fun little box with an IB to Lakenheath and plenty of sidings to shunt with plus a crossing to manage!

Lakenheath (L)
Formerly similar to Brandon but now a lot simpler

Shippea Hill (S)
The odd box that was leaning over! fringes to Cambridge and is all now colour lights!

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
"The Out-of-control Host"
Last edited: 08/07/2021 at 16:42 by elltrain3
Reason: None given

The following user said thank you: ajax103
A little Mock-SimSig Fun! 08/07/2021 at 18:38 #140481
DaveHarries
1105 posts
Nice one Ellis: looks good. I haven't been up there since the resignalling.

Dave

The following user said thank you: elltrain3
A little Mock-SimSig Fun! 08/07/2021 at 21:09 #140484
03piggs
50 posts
I haven't been there since the resignallimg either, but I think one of the Sidings at Thetford still had a loading gauge.

I've been doing some lists from Wtts of freight arrivels and departures from the mid 50s on a group.io, and I recently did both Brandon and Thetford, with Wymondham to follow shortly. All busy locations, I think Brandon had every freight between Ely and Norwich stop either for water, to pass or shunt the yard, which had over 10 freight to pick up/drop off. But that's a combined up and down workings.

Stu