Page is locked
Derby PSB covers from Tamworth High Level in the West across to Clay Cross in the East as well as the lines to/from Trent via Spondon & Chellaston and the single branch to Matlock. It is also responsible for the goods lines towards Bardon Hill up to the fringe with Moria West. The simulation also covers Moria West and Mantle Lane boxes, which handle the lines from Burton through to Bardon Hill including Mantle Lane TC.
The area houses depots at Derby and Barton Central Rivers as well as the Adtranz works at Litchurch lane and the Railway Technical Centre. It also has freight locations at Drakelow Power Station, Burton yards and Sinfin.
Derby PSB was opened in 1969 and is located south east of Derby station. It comprises a Westinghouse M2 panel with Westpac Mk III interlockings.
Derby PSB closed in stages through the 2010s, with final closure on 1st September 2018. Control was past to East Midlands Control Centre, which is located at Derby, behind St. Andrews siding. Derby station was remodelled at the same time, to provide six full-length through platforms, with line speeds generally increased. Mantle Lane and Moira West boxes remain in use, though the latter is only opened when required for the rare freight services using the line between Mantle Lane and Burton.
The station itself opened in 1844 by the Midland Railway. A comprehensive description can be found on Wikipedia .
Last edited by Steamer on 28/12/2020 at 16:07