You are here:
> start > usertrack > areainfo > salisbury
Salisbury controls nearly 30 miles of the South West mainline between Andover and Gillingham, and a similar length of line between Warminster and Romsey.
The single line towards Gillingham is controlled by Tokenless Block.
Traffic in the area is a mixture of long-distance passenger services, and freight traffic, most of which is aggregates from terminals in the Westbury area. A 1980s timetable is included, which sees more traffic serving the various sidings in the Salisbury area.
Salisbury is a Payware simulation - to play beyond a short demo period requires the purchase of a license from the Shop .
Salisbury user manual
Multiplay and Chaining
Chains to Westbury .
- Ideal for 1-person operation.
- Clients can join, however there are no separate workstations.
- Medium passenger service
- Tokenless Block working
- Passenger- Medium
- Freight- Light
- Layout complexity- Medium
- Overall- Medium.
My thanks must go to:-
- Geoff Mayo, for allowing me the privilege of becoming a developer, and Peter Bennet for showing me the basics of sim construction;
- Chris Lord (aka LardyBiker) for allowing me to assist on developing his next sim after South Humberside and teaching me how sims are built;
- Howard Potter and Paul Curran for patiently doing many sim compilations, and guidance on bugs and fixes;
- Noel Young and Pascal Nadin for the TTs without too much gratuitous shunting (so far!);
- Kev Meredith for ably testing the simulation and TTs, not only for testing but advice on layout and features.
- The rest of our testing team, Neil B, Matt C, Mark J, Dave McC, Jameses N & W, Ben W.
- Danny Scroggins for permission to use his photographs of the panel.
- James Underwood, for most of the splash shots.
- Anyone else I've unintentionally overlooked.
-AndyG, simulation developer
Last edited by Steamer on 26/04/2017 at 18:57