Upcoming Games

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Who's Online

DC at Euston

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Wembley Main Line > DC at Euston

Page 1 of 1

DC at Euston 19/08/2014 at 21:37 #63932
John
884 posts
I believe I'm right in saying that currently only platform's 9 and 10 at Euston have third rail, but are 378's permitted into all the other platforms under AC power?
DC at Euston 19/08/2014 at 21:44 #63933
Underwood
746 posts
Pretty much yes, I have a lot of ECS 378's in my 2012 TT stabling in Platforms 16-18 at Euston, seen them there myself too before. All ECS moves then were (and probably still are) booked to stop at Camden Jn from South Hampstead, most likely to change from DC to AC
DC at Euston 19/08/2014 at 22:07 #63937
John
884 posts
Thanks, James.

Presumably the signaller would have to bring the train to a stand at a suitable location (Camden Jcn?) and advise the driver to raise the pantograph, rather than take the risk of assuming the driver will notice from the theatre box that they have been routed into an AC only platform?

DC at Euston 20/08/2014 at 05:38 #63939
kaiwhara
584 posts
" said:
Thanks, James.

Presumably the signaller would have to bring the train to a stand at a suitable location (Camden Jcn?) and advise the driver to raise the pantograph, rather than take the risk of assuming the driver will notice from the theatre box that they have been routed into an AC only platform?
I shouldn't have thought that was the Signallers Job. The LOROL Drivers all drive 378's only (save for a few who would also be 172 qualified) so that would be covered in Company Training and Instructions, Local Rules and Operating Procedures and Route Knowledge, I would have thought.

As far as I am aware, Vic Central don't advise Drivers to change Traction Power Supply at North Pole, nor West Hampstead at Farringdon on Thameslink.

Sorry guys, I am in the business of making people wait!
Last edited: 20/08/2014 at 05:39 by kaiwhara
DC at Euston 20/08/2014 at 10:25 #63945
Underwood
746 posts
No one from the 'box calls them to change power, drivers just stop, change power, and off they go. From what I recall on the WLL, there are fixed reminder signs I think too. I'm unsure whether they do stop at Camden Jn or not I don't know, I've been on a 378 doing a rolling power change, but I've been on a few that stop to change power too.
DC at Euston 20/08/2014 at 11:58 #63946
clive
2738 posts
" said:

There's nothing in the signal box instructions on this.

However, if a *down* DC line train can't be worked on line B or C towards Camden, it must be brought to a stop at signal WM315 and the signal not cleared until the driver has called to say that he has lowered the pan and put the train in DC mode.