Upcoming Games

No games to display

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Who's Online

waucott, zachpratt, Mattyq, flabberdacks, RailwayFan8 (5 users seen recently)

St. George's Day, 2024

You are here: Home > Forum > General > General questions, comments, and issues > St. George's Day, 2024

Page 1 of 1

St. George's Day, 2024 15/06/2015 at 17:12 #73409
arabianights
138 posts
Something I've wondered for a while - the licence agreement says that we have to delete the software on 23 April 2024.

What's up with that which at first seems rather curious statement? I'm assuming there's some sort of curious legal reason analoagous to the peculiar boilerplate language you get about the death of teh Kennedies in US contracts due to the rule of perpetuities, or perhaps so that Simsig can be shown to technically have no ongoing liabilities for accounting purposes or something rather like that.

But perhaps Simsig knows something and from that day forth trains will be self driving and self regulating?

St. George's Day, 2024 15/06/2015 at 17:18 #73410
GeoffM
6282 posts
" said:
Something I've wondered for a while - the licence agreement says that we have to delete the software on 23 April 2024.

What's up with that which at first seems rather curious statement? I'm assuming there's some sort of curious legal reason analoagous to the peculiar boilerplate language you get about the death of teh Kennedies in US contracts due to the rule of perpetuities, or perhaps so that Simsig can be shown to technically have no ongoing liabilities for accounting purposes or something rather like that.

But perhaps Simsig knows something and from that day forth trains will be self driving and self regulating?
It was something to do with my former employer and licensing of the SimSig software which they had bought. Legal jargon. However, that's been superseded (since the SimSig software is not, and has not been for quite some time, the same as the original 2004 agreement) so that license agreement ought to be updated at some point.

SimSig Boss
St. George's Day, 2024 15/06/2015 at 17:21 #73411
Roadrunner
111 posts
Don't give Google more ideas (to take over the world). Self-driving cars and trains!