Upcoming Games

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Who's Online

Trainzy, zachpratt, havick, taffy, yokidou, Tempest Malice, postal (7 users seen recently)

Tyneside Sim Brilliant my home patch Ferryhill!

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Tyneside IECC > Tyneside Sim Brilliant my home patch Ferryhill!

Page 1 of 1

Tyneside Sim Brilliant my home patch Ferryhill! 30/08/2016 at 10:34 #84423
Diesel Rider
59 posts
Awesome! Having lived there in my childhood to late 20's I know Ferryhill very well and all the sidings and quarries. Problem is cannot find more than one old photo of the railway station from 1966 when it closed. I remember getting trains from ther to Hamilton in Scotland to see my cousins. Also a side line ran rom a quarry across the road and joined the north bound line just south of the station. Also a southbound passenger trained was diverted along the mineral line in the 1980's at Ferryhill to Eaglescliffe and Stockton and came back out at Northallerton as there was engineering works at Darlington. I was on that train so was nice to see track you will never normally see anymore. Looking forward to buying it shortly and playing it. Currently live in Loughborough, Leics so have seen the sidings disappear and now a link road and housing. They have extended the platforms and the groundworks are ready for the GCR new bridge over the main line when it gets electrified! But 6 months of closures each on the 2 bridges either side of Loughborough station to raise the road bridges up for the electrics! Keep up the good work Simsig

Cheers

The following users said thank you: northroad, GeoffM
Tyneside Sim Brilliant my home patch Ferryhill! 30/08/2016 at 19:35 #84427
northroad
870 posts
Those were the days when Ferryhill station was open. A4's and the like....fond memories.
I was looking at a timetable for 1980/1981 but to much has changed.....all gone just like Ferryhill.

Geoff

Tyneside Sim Brilliant my home patch Ferryhill! 06/09/2016 at 13:06 #84544
ExDistrictDriver
30 posts
THANK YOU!

Been hoping and praying for this to come out! Once I have some spare income I'll be buying!
I live in Dunston so this is most certainly a local one for me!