Upcoming Games


Full list
Add a game

Cambrian Mexican Standoff

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Shrewsbury > Cambrian Mexican Standoff

Page 1 of 1

Cambrian Mexican Standoff 22/05/2015 at 23:46 #72600
Danny252
Avatar
1461 posts
Having sent a Down train towards Welshpool, I returned the slot on MH1000 with the train on the single line, to allow Mach to send the next Up train once the Down reached Welshpool. The Up subsequently appeared and showed "Waiting at MH1011". However, the Down then came to a stand before reaching Welshpool, showing "Waiting at MH1010", both sitting at their respective signals until I removed the Down manually.

Is Mach able to send a train onto the single line with one approaching? Does the slot need to be held until the train has reached Welshpool?

Last edited: 22/05/2015 at 23:52 by Danny252
Log in to reply
Cambrian Mexican Standoff 23/05/2015 at 08:55 #72606
maxand
Avatar
1637 posts
...and here I was thinking that you were referring to an evolutionary competition between brachiopods 5.1 million years ago...

Have to give up that mushroom wine...

Last edited: 23/05/2015 at 08:56 by maxand
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Gwasanaethau
Cambrian Mexican Standoff 23/05/2015 at 11:11 #72613
Gwasanaethau
Avatar
455 posts
" said:
...and here I was thinking that you were referring to an evolutionary competition between brachiopods 5.1 million years ago...

Have to give up that mushroom wine...


Log in to reply
Cambrian Mexican Standoff 23/05/2015 at 12:59 #72623
headshot119
Avatar
3717 posts
" said:
Having sent a Down train towards Welshpool, I returned the slot on MH1000 with the train on the single line, to allow Mach to send the next Up train once the Down reached Welshpool. The Up subsequently appeared and showed "Waiting at MH1011". However, the Down then came to a stand before reaching Welshpool, showing "Waiting at MH1010", both sitting at their respective signals until I removed the Down manually.

Is Mach able to send a train onto the single line with one approaching? Does the slot need to be held until the train has reached Welshpool?
Logged for investigation. (SHR-170)

"As the last track dropped, and the route became free, came the cry BROMLEY " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Last edited: 23/05/2015 at 13:11 by headshot119
Log in to reply
Cambrian Mexican Standoff 23/05/2015 at 15:04 #72628
Danny252
Avatar
1461 posts
Further to this, I've just had an Up train appear directly in front of a Down train - the Up received an ACOA at MH1012, and the Down came to a halt stating that the Up train was in front. Perhaps there simply isn't a signal protecting entry onto the single line at Welshpool?
Last edited: 23/05/2015 at 15:05 by Danny252
Log in to reply
Cambrian Mexican Standoff 23/05/2015 at 15:56 #72634
headshot119
Avatar
3717 posts
This is fixed for version 1.2; A condition was missing off of the Welshpool entry point.

On a point of pedantry, the single line at Welshpool is protected by an ERTMS block marker, not a signal

"As the last track dropped, and the route became free, came the cry BROMLEY " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
Cambrian Mexican Standoff 23/05/2015 at 16:25 #72637
Danny252
Avatar
1461 posts
What is the definition that makes a block marker not a signal? I would've thought that a fixed distant board would be a signal, so it can't be the fact it doesn't have multiple "aspects"!

Perhaps the fact that a block marker on its own doesn't give any instruction or have any meaning?

Log in to reply
Cambrian Mexican Standoff 23/05/2015 at 16:37 #72640
headshot119
Avatar
3717 posts
The ERTMS modules of the rulebook make a clear distinction between a signal, and block markers, I'm not sure of the precise reason, though your suggestion sounds reasonable.
"As the last track dropped, and the route became free, came the cry BROMLEY " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
Cambrian Mexican Standoff 24/05/2015 at 13:42 #72650
kbarber
Avatar
1481 posts
" said:
What is the definition that makes a block marker not a signal? I would've thought that a fixed distant board would be a signal, so it can't be the fact it doesn't have multiple "aspects"!

Perhaps the fact that a block marker on its own doesn't give any instruction or have any meaning?

Slight guesswork, but it seems to me the block marker is a marker for the limit of movement authority conveyed by the signalling system. So it's not a signal in its own right, that is delivered directly into the cab (the condition that is, not the physical object, before m'learned friends correct me ) and nor does it convey any signalling message in its own right, in the way a distant board does.

It is a strange object though, for those of us who came up on flappy-uppy-downy things worked by proper levers you needed a bit of grunt for. Hubby's nephew tells me they're creating a whole new way of running a railway down in his Xbox at Mach.

Log in to reply