Upcoming Games

Upcoming Events

We are not planning any more in-person events until the COVID-19 situation has improved.

Cannot download version 4.3

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Timetables > Westbury > Cannot download version 4.3

Page 1 of 1

Cannot download version 4.3 26/01/2017 at 04:22 #91793
Terry
Avatar
114 posts
At one time. I could update the Westbury download Version 4.1 to Version 4.3. Now I find I cannot do this using the 'Check for Updates' button. I have tried everything with this function but still I can only get Version 4.1 to show. Anyone out there know the answer to this please?

Further on the subject of the Westbury simulation, I cannot get the 'browse' facility to show for additional timetables. What am I doing wrong? I have no problem with getting extra timetables for the "Euston' simulation as the 'browse' facility shows on the timetable list when starting the simulation.

Terry.

Last edited: 26/01/2017 at 04:24 by Terry
Reason: wrong information

Log in to reply
Cannot download version 4.3 26/01/2017 at 05:07 #91794
MarkC
Avatar
958 posts
Terry in post 91793 said:
At one time. I could update the Westbury download Version 4.1 to Version 4.3. Now I find I cannot do this using the 'Check for Updates' button. I have tried everything with this function but still I can only get Version 4.1 to show. Anyone out there know the answer to this please?

Further on the subject of the Westbury simulation, I cannot get the 'browse' facility to show for additional timetables. What am I doing wrong? I have no problem with getting extra timetables for the "Euston' simulation as the 'browse' facility shows on the timetable list when starting the simulation.

Terry.
with each sim you get a couple of timetables with it. Additional timetables can be downloaded from site in the Downloads area then User contributed then timetables.

then you would need to look for the sim you wish to find additional timetables for and download and if need be extract and put the files into the timetable folder of the sim (for loader sims would normally be in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\SimSig"). and then whenyou start a sim in the loader the timetable will show on the timetable select screen.

As for euston that is a preloader sim so the start options will display slightly differently but you would for additional timetables still get them off site but would be saved in the simsig folder in program files folder (program files x86 for 64 bit systems) then the relivant sim folder.

for some reason some preloader sims for the timetable screen does not default to the sims Timetable folder in program files (program files x86 for 64 bit systems), but you would just use the browse on that screen to navigate to it, but the only timetables that would be there would be those that came with the sim along with ones you have downloaded from site.

As for Westbury version 4.1 it appears the wrong version has been added to the updater, (all loader sims were recently converted to updater install, no download package required for them from site anymore) this should in time be fixed, but I do not know when.

It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Last edited: 26/01/2017 at 05:29 by MarkC
Reason: added info

Log in to reply
Cannot download version 4.3 26/01/2017 at 06:39 #91795
Terry
Avatar
114 posts
Hello Mark,
Many thanks for your contribution; however, I'm still unable to add another timetable to the Westbury simulation. At present, it only shows 2 options (none or Summer 2007) but I cannot get the programme to show the '1922 contributor timetable although I have downloaded and extracted the files to my documents where the Westbury simulation exists. As for getting the files actually into the Westbury simulation, I am still at a loss. Forgive me for being such a twerp!

On the subject of having to use Version 4.1 for the time being, how do I resolve the problem of getting in and out of 'Whatley Quarry' which was resolved with Version 4.3?

Log in to reply
Cannot download version 4.3 26/01/2017 at 07:06 #91796
MarkC
Avatar
958 posts
Terry in post 91795 said:
Hello Mark,
Many thanks for your contribution; however, I'm still unable to add another timetable to the Westbury simulation. At present, it only shows 2 options (none or Summer 2007) but I cannot get the programme to show the '1922 contributor timetable although I have downloaded and extracted the files to my documents where the Westbury simulation exists. As for getting the files actually into the Westbury simulation, I am still at a loss. Forgive me for being such a twerp!

On the subject of having to use Version 4.1 for the time being, how do I resolve the problem of getting in and out of 'Whatley Quarry' which was resolved with Version 4.3?
unless you have changed the default folder the timetable should go in to C:\Users\Public\Documents\SimSig\Timetables\Westbury (this is the path on windows 7, may be differnt on other versions on wndows). I use the default locations and I managed to get the timetable to show.

I couldn't say what to do about 'Whatley Quarry' at this time all I can say is just be patient until the updater is corrected.

It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Log in to reply
Cannot download version 4.3 26/01/2017 at 07:52 #91797
Terry
Avatar
114 posts
I have Windows XP and the path you suggest is not recognised! Anyway, how do I get the extracted folder into the default folder (whatever that is!)? Sorry but my computer skills only go so far!
Log in to reply
Cannot download version 4.3 26/01/2017 at 08:30 #91798
Hawk777
Avatar
359 posts
Terry in post 91797 said:
I have Windows XP and the path you suggest is not recognised! Anyway, how do I get the extracted folder into the default folder (whatever that is!)? Sorry but my computer skills only go so far!
On Windows XP, I believe replace “Users” with “Documents and Settings”, and maybe replace “Public” with “All Users”. The rest of the path might need some tweaking, but that may get you started.

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Terry
Cannot download version 4.3 26/01/2017 at 08:52 #91799
Terry
Avatar
114 posts
I can get the extracted files to show; it is transfering them to the Westbury sim which is the problem.
Log in to reply
Cannot download version 4.3 26/01/2017 at 15:27 #91809
Steamer
Avatar
3310 posts
Terry in post 91799 said:
I can get the extracted files to show; it is transfering them to the Westbury sim which is the problem.
Start the Loader, select the Westbury timetable and click on one of the supplied timetables. If you scroll right to the bottom of the timetable description, there'll be a file location, starting with C:\ and ending with \timetables\Westbury. That's the location you need to copy the file you downloaded to.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
Cannot download version 4.3 26/01/2017 at 16:55 #91812
Terry
Avatar
114 posts
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\\SimSig\Timetables\westbury. The path is not recognised by my Computer (windows XP)although when I do a search, the summer 2007 timetable is there with this address! Any thoughts?
Log in to reply
Cannot download version 4.3 26/01/2017 at 17:07 #91813
Steamer
Avatar
3310 posts
Terry in post 91812 said:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\\SimSig\Timetables\westbury. The path is not recognised by my Computer (windows XP)although when I do a search, the summer 2007 timetable is there with this address! Any thoughts?
Try deleting one of the backslashes between Documents and SimSig, that might be upsetting it.

"Don't stress/ relax/ let life roll off your backs./ Except for death and paying taxes/ everything in life.../ is only for now." (Avenue Q)
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Terry
Cannot download version 4.3 26/01/2017 at 17:24 #91814
MarkC
Avatar
958 posts
Steamer in post 91813 said:
Terry in post 91812 said:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\\SimSig\Timetables\westbury. The path is not recognised by my Computer (windows XP)although when I do a search, the summer 2007 timetable is there with this address! Any thoughts?
Try deleting one of the backslashes between Documents and SimSig, that might be upsetting it.
Just had a look and for some reason the path shown in the 'Description of selected timetable' on the timetable select screen show the double backslash between simsig and timetable, ie 'simsig\\timetable'. And it not just confind to Westbury for this behaviour, A random look at other sims also show simular

It's not my fault! I was left unsupervised.
Last edited: 26/01/2017 at 17:25 by MarkC
Reason: edit

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: Terry
Cannot download version 4.3 27/01/2017 at 03:34 #91818
Terry
Avatar
114 posts
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\SimSig\Timetables\Westbury. This was the eventual path which found the file and to which I was able to send the additional timetable (Westbury 1922) to. I have to say though that this was only achieved after uninstall and reinstall of the Westbury sim and a search of the Westbury files which gave me the above path. Job done but what a performance! Many thanks to all who contributed to this issue.

Terry.

Log in to reply