Trts buzzers

You are here: Home > Forum > Miscellaneous > The real thing (signalling) > Trts buzzers

Page 1 of 1

Trts buzzers 19/08/2017 at 17:19 #101117
jc92
Avatar
2209 posts
Just a random question. How common is it for TRTS to have an associated buzzer or bell or beep? When i visited sheffield PSB it didnt have any noise just a flashing lamp. I wondered if they arent really commonplace.

Equally wondering if IECCs/ROC workstations have it at all?

Log in to reply
Trts buzzers 19/08/2017 at 19:25 #101118
GW43125
Avatar
431 posts
jc92 in post 101117 said:
Just a random question. How common is it for TRTS to have an associated buzzer or bell or beep? When i visited sheffield PSB it didnt have any noise just a flashing lamp. I wondered if they arent really commonplace.

Equally wondering if IECCs/ROC workstations have it at all?
When I visited Kings cross, there was a faint buzzer sound but not that much.

Log in to reply
Trts buzzers 19/08/2017 at 20:53 #101120
topbanana
Avatar
4 posts
We have one and its pretty loud to be honest... glad it's only used on a Sunday.
Log in to reply
Trts buzzers 20/08/2017 at 08:23 #101125
Giantray
Avatar
124 posts
Westcad workstations when installed are supplied with a RSSB Railway Standard "bleep" which sounds the same for "train approach", "TRTS", "Signal Alarms" etc. I work in WestCad environment that presently has six workstations, soon to be ten workstations, in close proximity. There is the same constant bleeping sound going on almost every second, for all workstations, the same sound for everything!
Log in to reply
Trts buzzers 11/09/2017 at 01:46 #101704
Essexgirl
Avatar
38 posts
York IECC does not make a sound for TRTS, just a white flashing circle when TRTS has been operated on the platform concerned
Log in to reply
Trts buzzers 11/09/2017 at 09:20 #101708
Giantray
Avatar
124 posts
Essexgirl in post 101704 said:
York IECC does not make a sound for TRTS, just a white flashing circle when TRTS has been operated on the platform concerned
The Southern has always had TRTS sounds. At LBASC we had separate sounds for each Panel, i.e. Charing Cross, Cannon Street and London Bridge, to distinguish as to location. You can imagine the noise during peak trains with a train ringing out every 1-2 mins. At TBROC we have one sound for all. I have since found out that the TRTS alarm sound is not an RSSB Railway Standard. It is a Network Rail company standard.

At York IECC do you have 'train approaching' alarms?

Log in to reply
Trts buzzers 30/09/2017 at 12:55 #101999
Essexgirl
Avatar
38 posts
Giantray in post 101708 said:
Essexgirl in post 101704 said:
York IECC does not make a sound for TRTS, just a white flashing circle when TRTS has been operated on the platform concerned
The Southern has always had TRTS sounds. At LBASC we had separate sounds for each Panel, i.e. Charing Cross, Cannon Street and London Bridge, to distinguish as to location. You can imagine the noise during peak trains with a train ringing out every 1-2 mins. At TBROC we have one sound for all. I have since found out that the TRTS alarm sound is not an RSSB Railway Standard. It is a Network Rail company standard.

At York IECC do you have 'train approaching' alarms?
At York we get an output on our general purpose screen when the ARS system has detected an approaching train that it recognizes but without a bleep. We get a bleep when a recognized train enters the area (ie the headcode appears on our display) in approach berth (or first TD berth where no approach berth exists, like York North from Tyneside). If the train is not recognized by ARS the bleep is different (slightly longer or 2 bleeps very close together) to attract signallers attention to the ARS alarms section of the General Purpose Screen

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: BarryM
Trts buzzers 01/10/2017 at 10:02 #102000
Splodge
Avatar
275 posts
Manchester Piccadilly has one though it’s more of a high pitched squeal/whistle.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Log in to reply
Trts buzzers 04/10/2017 at 09:33 #102034
Giantray
Avatar
124 posts
Essexgirl in post 101999 said:

At York IECC do you have 'train approaching' alarms?
At York we get an output on our general purpose screen when the ARS system has detected an approaching train that it recognizes but without a bleep. We get a bleep when a recognized train enters the area (ie the headcode appears on our display) in approach berth (or first TD berth where no approach berth exists, like York North from Tyneside). If the train is not recognized by ARS the bleep is different (slightly longer or 2 bleeps very close together) to attract signallers attention to the ARS alarms section of the General Purpose Screen[/quote]

What is ARS? LOL We aren't blessed with such modern technology at Three Bridges ROC. All workstations were designed around having ARS, but it hasn't materiallised because of the promise of Traffic Management in 2018. Meanwhile Signallers operate workstations which are nothing more than electronic NX workstations which when in NX Panel state had more Signallers working the same area.

Log in to reply
Trts buzzers 14/11/2017 at 15:33 #102886
Mikey
Avatar
14 posts
In my experience from Western Region panels and IECCs, the TRTS is silent. In Three bridges, they ring a bell or something if I remember.
Log in to reply