Future Meets List

You are here: Home > Forum > Hosting and Events > Meeting up > Future Meets List

Page 2 of 2

Future Meets List 20/01/2020 at 09:35 #122943
postal
Avatar
4881 posts
headshot119 in post 122942 said:
9pN1SEAp in post 122933 said:
I take it there are no plans for a mid-year meet in 2020? Just in case I need to set a date aside?
There are no plans to have a mid-year meet in 2020. It should return to the regular schedule in 2021.
Presumably if anyone was willing to put in the leg work to find and book a venue then make the arrangements for sims to be used, they could ask for official SimSig support? Traditionally the mid year meet is held in July so there is still plenty of time.

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Log in to reply
Future Meets List 20/01/2020 at 10:50 #122945
clive
Avatar
2570 posts
postal in post 122943 said:
headshot119 in post 122942 said:
There are no plans to have a mid-year meet in 2020. It should return to the regular schedule in 2021.
Presumably if anyone was willing to put in the leg work to find and book a venue then make the arrangements for sims to be used, they could ask for official SimSig support? Traditionally the mid year meet is held in July so there is still plenty of time.
It's always open to someone to organize a meet and ask for it to be advertised on the site. If it's been done reasonably then I don't foresee a problem. There aren't "official" meets so much as "traditional" meets.

Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: postal
Future Meets List 20/01/2020 at 14:41 #122946
postal
Avatar
4881 posts
clive in post 122945 said:
It's always open to someone to organize a meet and ask for it to be advertised on the site. If it's been done reasonably then I don't foresee a problem. There aren't "official" meets so much as "traditional" meets.
Perhaps this page on the WIki needs some attention, then!

“In life, there is always someone out there, who won’t like you, for whatever reason, don’t let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.” – Rashida Rowe
Log in to reply
Future Meets List 20/01/2020 at 16:34 #122947
clive
Avatar
2570 posts
postal in post 122946 said:
clive in post 122945 said:
There aren't "official" meets so much as "traditional" meets.
Perhaps this page on the WIki needs some attention, then!
I'll get my hat.

Log in to reply
Future Meets List 20/01/2020 at 21:35 #122950
clive
Avatar
2570 posts
Okay, as penance I've searched my old emails and filled in the missing dates.
Log in to reply
Future Meets List 20/01/2020 at 22:18 #122951
GeoffM
Avatar
5896 posts
We don't mind at all for - in fact, we encourage - somebody arranging another meet, particularly in areas not served by existing/planned meets. We would just like to be aware of its existence so we can offer help and assistance. What we don't want is, for example, an event happening without our knowledge but promoting SimSig and then that event turning into a farce which besmirks the SimSig name.
SimSig Boss
Log in to reply
Future Meets List 21/01/2020 at 00:54 #122952
SamTDS
Avatar
153 posts
I remember the time when there was a discussion about the naming of some of the multiplayer sessions. Im going to start to do my looking in the area looking for the July time, a part of it is knowing who to keep informed here of the progress.
SamTDS - STDS | My comments are my opinions and interpretations and do not reflect on the wonderfull SimSig team. I am in no way part of the team.
Log in to reply
Future Meets List 06/07/2022 at 20:14 #147170
i26
Avatar
75 posts
Will this thread be updated with the upcoming meet later this year??

Log in to reply
Future Meets List 06/07/2022 at 20:24 #147171
headshot119
Avatar
4444 posts
Online
This thread was designed to give advance notice of meets before they where open for signup, as we currently only have one meet planned it's already opened for signup so I don't think this thread is relevant anymore.
"Passengers for New Lane, should be seated in the rear coach of the train " - Opinions are my own and not those of my employer
Log in to reply
The following user said thank you: i26